It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Bill Threatens to effectively ban online sales of ammunition

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I'll repeat the question.....Do you know anyone who reloads that is crazy enough to go into a theater and shoot a bunch of people they don't know?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

Yes, we are agreeing on the fundamentals. I know the problem is the crazy people getting ahold of guns. I can't see a way to stop this without some local way of deterring it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Gun owners are now being called terrorists and mass murderers?

The clock of insurrection is at 11:59

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DirectDemocracy

Not around here they aren't. They are called hunters up here. We teach our young to hunt for wild game as a tradition. When they get old enough we teach them how to drink responsibly and play poker at deer camp.
They also get a lesson at pooping in the woods. Makes them appreciate civilization after a couple of weeks of that.
Kids can even get opening day off of school here if they want.

I pity those who live in many areas of the country where guns are looked down upon. A big percentage of the homes around here have guns. That fact alone helps keep criminals from breaking into occupied homes.
edit on 31-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Criminals don't get their guns legally but do buy their ammo legally most times from places everyone buys them from. . I knew people in my past that were in that business.
edit on 31-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by samcrow

We need to quit letting the dangerous and out of control pharmaceutical industry force everyone who is different to take anti depressants and anti psychotic medication. All the shooters going back twenty years have been on one medication or the other. I propose we ban this dangerous medication. It is obviously making people unhinged. The pharmaceutical industry is not about healing mental illness or any other illness. It is about getting somebody to be addicted to their poisonous concoctions for their entire lives.
edit on 7-31-2012 by groingrinder because: Edited for grammar and spelling.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
gosh darn it, now mass murderers have to actually walk to wal-mart to purchase ammunition.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Honestly there will be a loophole. I cant "buy guns online" but i can buy one online to be shipped to an ffl, i have one that charges 20 bucks a transfer. Cant imagine this would be much different. honestly, i buy my ammo by the 500 round case from my local gunshop and get a better price than online.

You can also #ing make ammo. They gona ban the sale of shell casings and primers and powders and bullets (as in, the projectile...not the finished product) online too?

And the second poster has no idea what hes talking about. Full autos are basically illegal. No one has used a legal full auto in a crime in atleast 6 decades. Sure i can make most semi autos full auto, but if theyre illegal than gun control wont help..duhhhh

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

But my reasoning is that if this guy had bought that much ammo locally it could have thrown up a flag and stopped the incident from happening.

It wouldn't have stopped anything. Gun stores order pallets of ammo at a time. If a guy said he bought his new gun and wanted 200 rounds to break it in, nobody would think twice. Many manufacturers recommend 200 - 500 rounds just to break in new weapons.

200 rounds at one store is all he would need to pull off what he did.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by samcrow

Do you know anyone who reloads that is crazy enough to go into a theater and shoot a bunch of people they don't know? I know many people who reload and it takes patients and clear thinking to do it right. It's not hard but someone with screwed up brain chemistry probably wouldn't be able to do it right.

I don't believe I know anybody that engages in any hobby that is crazy enough to do that. However, some people probably felt that way about Holmes. A lot of the times the serial killer's neighbors say, "I can't believe it. He seemed so normal."

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

reply to post by samcrow

Do you know anyone who reloads that is crazy enough to go into a theater and shoot a bunch of people they don't know? I know many people who reload and it takes patients and clear thinking to do it right. It's not hard but someone with screwed up brain chemistry probably wouldn't be able to do it right.

That is just absolute rubbish. People with mental health issues can't reload! I suggest you research mental health issues. Making bullets with compulsive disorder would work quite well. Some other types would lovingly hand craft each one as a type of mantra. Geez

P

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I agree, we have to find a solution to the problem with out doping people up. People have food allergies that differ from person to person and they effect the chemistry of the brain. When a person gets delusional they do not realize they are that way and their sense of norm gets out of context with society. There are many psychotropic foods that can be added to ones diet to calm a person also. The side effects of these foods are a lot less than the meds. The problem is that a person who gets delusional often likes being that way, sensing that it is the right way and they avoid the foods that cause their brain chemistry to normalize. I have studied the effects of common foods on people for a while now. Spices and herbs also work but there are lots of others studying them, my interest is in correcting the diet individually to stop imbalances. I study common food spices though because their use in preparing food is tied into the end result of the food. I have a lot more studying to do then need to talk to a herbalist to compare knowledge and discuss solutions.

The problem with my whole food thing is the fact that these peoples sense of norm is distorted and everything they see and hear reinforces their reality because they interpret everything to fit their thoughts. Everyone seems to be that way a little and if told they are wrong will try to sabotage the other persons philosophy or help to prove the other person wrong. Sure, if you bend reality to fit delusion you can do it. Funny thing is I often see this happening in high levels of society and in the interpretations of the scientific evidence. Our society has been created around this disillusion here in America. If people get rid of this veil we ourselves have created in society it would become a better world. Half of the elite are doped up, recipes that contain foods and herbs that stimulate the reward centers of the brain are everywhere.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
Get ready, here come the full deployment of the Police State. I caught the end of an RT interview with an NSA whistleblower (sorry didn't catch his name) who reports that everything is in place to turn the U.S. into a Police State all that is needed is the authorization to flick the switch.

That's funny, I heard the same thing from someone else in the NSA.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree with Neo and others on this, the sale of online ammunition leaves a big paper trail, and there is no way that Jesse Holmes could have purchased it anonymously. What we have here is a case of the liberals using a massacre as a way to promote their political agenda, without even adhering to logic or facts, mind you - an agenda that, in the top ranks, probably has nothing to do with making anyone safe from criminals.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

reply to post by macman

I'm very aware that the paper trail is very good on online purchases and it is also evident that the government knows you purchased ammo and guns if you purchase them using a credit card or anything other than cash. I prefer to stay off the grid myself. Just because I am a longtime hunter and gun lover doesn't mean I have to agree with everything that other gun enthusiasts do. I can think for myself and cannot be intimidated to believe something is necessary if it is not. I know well what precedence can do and if left unchecked it can strip us of our rights. I do not think this bill is a threat. I'll wait to read the law as written before it is voted on to judge whether I will join the fight against it.

That is nice and all, but don't talk from both sides of your mouth.
In the same breath you state you don't believe in restrictions then go on to state online sales should not be.

Epic failure number 2.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

I'll repeat the question.....Do you know anyone who reloads that is crazy enough to go into a theater and shoot a bunch of people they don't know?

So now you have psychoanalyzed online ammo purchasers as crazy, and re-loaders as normal.

The Brady Camp called, they said you were due back 2 days ago.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
To hell with buying it. Buy a reloader and do it yourself.
I will even teach people how to do it for those that want to learn.
My reloader has payed for itself many times over.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight76
Yes, because it's absolutely ludicrous to require a person to buy their hallow points in a face-to-face transaction. But, hey, I'm a strict constitutionalist when it comes to guns. If it wasn't available when the framers wrote the constitution then how could the framers approve? They couldn't, they had no idea about fully automatic weapons. Hell, their weapons could barely fire once a minute. yes, I know, then only criminals would have guns, but real men don't use guns, they use their fists or a sword.

Well that's an easyone: the constitution embodies idea and principles. The idea behind the 2nd amendment is to ensure the populace would never be enslaved by an out of control govt.or at least give them the means to overthrow one. "Technology" is a non-issue.
The framers approved of liberty and knew history would repeat and unscrupulous lazy men would trade liberty for security.
"Sword"???? "game" much?

"hollow" points: available at any walmart! Where they check to see if you are over 21.

"real men don't use guns"? Navy SEALS and police would tend to disagree.

"real men don't fight at the drop of a hat... Guns; knive;s fists; SWORDS, FLAILS, PIKES or POINTED STICKS!

"They couldn't, they had no idea about fully automatic weapons": and I gather neither do you.Very fewpeople own "fully automatic weapons"( it is possible but requires (iirc) background checks and is expensive i.e. taxed) crimes comitted with these "fully automatic weapons account for a tiny tiny percentage of gun related violence.

The revolutionary war era muzzleloading musket was the "assault rifle" of its day.The equal of or better than the current issue military arms of its day.

You aren't going to overthrow a geriatric bridge party with a muzzle loader. The founders never intended us to defend our liberty with one hand tied behind our backs.

edit on 1-8-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Don't say I said things I did not say by taking a part part of the conversation and twisting it to fit your needs to try to discredit me. If I started to do that to you, you would not like it and you would regret it within a few weeks. I am excellent at playing games like that. and rarely loose.

We are by law allowed to bear arms and that means we can get ammo and weapons. There is nothing in the constitution that says we can buy ammo or guns from just anywhere. The government legally does have the right to have government regulated stores, if they wanted, as the only source of ammo and new weapons. As long as we aren't generally denied the ability of buying ammo the method of it's sale is open to interpretation by the government. Our voting chooses the congressmen and they are responsible to vote as the majority of people in their districts want them to. I understand the laws. I understand that amendment well. I quit the NRA because they were going overboard in my opinion. They lost a lot of members that way.

If you have a problem with the law take it up with your congressman. I'll read the proposed law with an open mind before making my decision whether to support it or not.
edit on 1-8-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join