It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The date, Dec 21, 2012 truly is the end of something monumental

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I think it is maybe a good time for some folks who really interested in the truth to read something that may shred some light on the topic.

My opinion that if someone really want to get over the confusion just need to wish it, and the path will show up. I hope this link may become a step on this path for some as did it for me.

www.llresearch.org...
Pdfs on the bottom.

I didnt want to intfringe upon any's intet clinging to the confusion, nor want to act like some who knows the truth. Read this only if you feel some inspiration.

Love in oness.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
This thread is about what other people believe. Not about what I believe.

Precisely. And to a practical case in point, if you're in the market for some high end appliances and the sales guy tries to sell you one of those expensive 12 month+ extended warranties, make sure he's not a Mayan.
edit on 8/1/12 by MrDesolate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Excellent post and this may probably mark the beginning of such way of thinking - logically. However, you are wrong to some extent and it's not your fault - those who can think clearly will come to this realization.

Those who are so delusional and mentally blocked as in they can't think (I mean look at Aliens come from Hell/are Demons threads around here) and so many things giving religion names and such.. so delusional people I tell you - WILL NOT change EVER, doesn't matter which Age is..

The only way to snap them out of the sleep is to reprogram them manually

You can also add 'Aliens will land' - I am open for the possibility one day to happen if the stories around it are true but I do NOT think this will happen even on Dec 21st (err some writings said about Mayan or Aztec or Inka i do not rememebr which 'God' aka alien being (if real) would be coming on Dec 21st)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

So because the sheep have been stirred up in to a frenzy it must be important

This place has turned in to a circle jerk that is all
edit on 1-8-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

the Age of Aquarius - with its focus on rationalism, logic, technology, and objective reality

Sounds like the end of the majority of the forums here on ATS!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
So because the sheep have been stirred up in to a frenzy it must be important

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think you answered your own question. Anything that stirs people into a frenzy, justifiably or not, is important enough to address. Whether or not the reason is important, the frenzy is.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Let's just maybe see if anything happens first? I personally think that there's a decent sized shift in consciousness that's been going on for a while now, maybe the last decade or so at least? And that things could actually change in quite a few ways this year. But even if they don't, I think that saying a new age will be based on logic is too one sided really, because there's also intuition, creativity, inspiration, etc, that are often a big part of who we are. So I can't ever see any type of functional age ever being just based on logic. I just think that to inspire and bring about change in reality, logic needs the help of other functions for it to be able to work properly.
edit on 31-7-2012 by robhines because: added

If you take some time and research what the Age of Aquarius is supposed to be about, (as opposed to the Age of Pisces or Aries or Taurus - ages that have already occurred in our human history) you'll see that logic and extreme rationality are the descriptive standards that repeat again and again. This is just the nature of Aquarius, just as the nature of Pisces is mystical and esoteric (spiritual intuitive) aptly describes the last 2,000 years of human dealings with the larger questions about life and reality.

This is why I see what I'm seeing about the potential ramifications of this Dec 21 date failing to be the end or beginning of anything perceptible as most of us know that it will.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It's the media that have pumped 2012 into some kind of doomsday scenario where something big will happen on one day, when really, that's never been claimed whatsoever. It's simply once cycle ends, the other begins. Any perceived or non-perceived changes will probably happen very gradually. The "debunkers" will love when nothing big happens that day, and they'll shout "ha, told ya!", but I'd advance they they didn't really understand the significance of the date in the first place.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I like this little quote.. “Thomas Merton said the way we have structured our lives, we spend our whole life climbing up the ladder of supposed success, and when we get to the top of the ladder we realize it is leaning against the wrong wall—and there is nothing at the top. To get back to the place of inherent abundance, you have to let go of all of the false agendas, unreal goals, and passing self-images. It is all about letting go. The spiritual life is more about unlearning than learning, because the deepest you already knows. “

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I am personally working very hard to prevent a major disaster from occuring on December 21 this year. You can all thank me when I am done....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's funny, the OP mentions logical thinking etc. then goes on to mention the "age of Aquarius" which blindly states that it coincides with dec.21. If you look at the astronomical claims of transition of the ages from pieces to Aquarius, we are still in the region of pieces as of Dec.21st 2012. We are only somewhat exiting it and "shifting" if you will , into the the constellation of Aquarius, which will take hundreds of years to be fully "emerged" into the constellation of Aquarius.

That monumental something is the 2,000+ year Piscean Age, and that age - with its mysticism and secret knowledge and spiritual initiates, who know all the chants and the rituals and the secret handshakes - has to end to allow the Age of Aquarius - with its focus on rationalism, logic, technology, and objective reality - to begin to emerge as a more visceral aspect of what it means to be human on Planet Earth.

You speak strictly in black and white terms, like it's a "law" that those things are going to end and that the latter will define every aspect post 2012. This is untrue. Humanity should rather take both of the concepts you speak of and come to a number of realizations.

Our current rationalism, logic, technology and objective reality is flawed and undeveloped. It will only be complete once the free thinkers in science, logic, technology and rationalism find explanations for the "esoteric" concepts of reality (mysticism, the astral realm, telepathy etc.). The only thing we must end is "closed minded thinking" because it retards the progression of humanity. Free thinkers and those with open minds are the ones who bring the greatest scientific, spiritual and technological advancements to humanity. The close minded think "current humanity knows it all, this is the way it will be forever". The open minded think "humanity does not know all, there is mystery we must solve". What's more logical to you?

The era of the internet has already put an end to secret knowledge and prophecy, things which were once hidden from mainstream society are now for all globally. We already have a logical, rational world. To the undeveloped human being, these things are incompatible. We have the logic orientated people (lacking understanding of the esoteric/ascension concepts) saying to the ascension/esoteric orientated "Hah, you're all wrong and lack logic" and the ascension/esoteric orientated saying "Hah, you're wrong, and lack our understanding".

If only they would listen to each other, instead of being blindly entrenched in their belief systems. If only they realized that logical understanding of all reality (the scientific and esoteric) is the true progression of humanity. This is what humanity should conclude when they "look for answers" after the Mayan end date

So you can't say that dec.21 will or will not deliver prophecy. The current logic of humanity is ironically illogical because of close minded behavior on all sides that shuts out any further development or understanding. The logical skeptic scoffs at the prophets without investigation thinking that current scientific notions explain everything. The undeveloped spiritual mind scoffs at the logic/science believing such things are incompatible with spirituality. This is classic dualism which has been a reoccurring theme of humanity for quite some time now...

...which will be overcome in grand unification of both concepts, and many concepts in dualism. This is what post 2012 will eventually bring about. We have reached such a level of development that for any progression many concepts in dualism will need to unite. Anyone gravitating towards any polarity will find themselves increasingly isolated and undeveloped. Only those who harmonize polarity of all concepts in reality will progress to the true potential of the human being.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hmmm... You beat me to this thread, I've been wondering about 'post 2012' for some time now... However, I'm not half as optimistic as you... I think that nothing at all will change, not one thing... People wil wake up and say to themselves "oh, nothing happened' then eat their frosties, head off to work and never look back... Just look at the whole turn of the millennium crap.... The millennium bug will kill us all!!! Nukes will spontaneously fire themselves right into your face as your toaster tries to bum you and the vacuum cleaner has sex with your wife....

January 1st 2000... A lot of hangovers a couple of "oh, well, turns out nothing happened....."
January 2nd 2000.... MAYAN CALENDAR WILL KILL US ALL IN 2012!!

I know you're factoring in the whole religious angle in this and, I see your point but, surely, having spent time on here and in the real world, meeting 'believers' of any religion, you must realise that the small matter of something central to their belief being proven to be utter bull# isn't going to change their minds.... belief perseverance is a funny thing... It's an observable and testable psychological phenomenon and I see no reason why it won't cotinue to be applicable in this case....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Regarding entrance into the Age of Aquarius----- and I know very little about any of this-----

Bible Verse ~ Matthew 28:18-20

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20

Now if one researches this verse, "always" can also be seen translated as "all of the days" and "age" as "world"

So does Jesus give up on the World at the end of this AGE?

Opinions please?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Dec 21rst is not a day of doom. That's what the media will have you know. Doom sells. However, its not just another day. Its a historical day which everyone should take note of. It only happens once every 25,800 years. We pass into the age of Aquarius. We move into the Galactic plane ( or equinox ). The ancients divided to the cycle into 12 parts to mark the changes in climate that are brought about through each Zodiac sign. And yes, some of these changes are abrupt and sudden. But not Earth or life ending. It does mark climate change. Only a fool can't see that the Earth is changing. And sorry Global warmer activists, but people have nothing to do with it. Its a natural cycle.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

That monumental something is the 2,000+ year Piscean Age, and that age - with its mysticism and secret knowledge and spiritual initiates, who know all the chants and the rituals and the secret handshakes - has to end to allow the Age of Aquarius - with its focus on rationalism, logic, technology, and objective reality - to begin to emerge as a more visceral aspect of what it means to be human on Planet Earth.

And the Dec 21, 2012 date serves to bring that age to an end by completely failing to deliver on the promises of many fundamental philosophical and theological pillars of the Age of Pisces. It will be that failure, as the 22nd of December dawns across the entire planet (heralding nothing more than 3 more shopping days until Christmas) that will finally initiate the serious debate whether we, as a species of otherwise rational beings, have been stooping and fetching on behalf of who-knows-what (literally in most cases) for centuries, as one finely crafted presentation after another orders us to believe what cannot (and should not) be proven, while demanding that we reject every other presentation as diabolical heresy whether it can be proven or not; with the rationale that it will be faith alone that will ensure our literal survival, unless that faith embraces the tenets of any competing presentation.

Wait just one darn tootin' minute.

I'm a Pieces. If the Piscean age is coming to an end, are I and all other Pieces mere months away from missing out on owning our own span of reality? Are you telling me the boat is about to sail and I have months to get my $__ together before I'm drowned in the great flood brought on by Aquarius' spilled jug of water? I'm a pair of fishes! I can't drown!

You sir and your pro Aquarian propaganda is laughable! You and your ilk will never seize the treasure of Unk-T'alaxsh that we Pieces have secretly guarded for centuries from the likes of you and the rest of humanity! It is a treasure so secret, not even we know of it's true location or purpose! But one among us knows the incantation to open the pathway to Neptune, where the true origin of our pedigree lies! He, or She, or it- will arrive in glamorous splendor before the age comes to an end, manifesting a solemn understanding of what was and is, and forever will be.

And YOU, with your "failing to deliver on the promises of many fundamental philosophical and theological pillars of the Age of Pisces" malarky, will bare witness to the heralding! The great heralding!

...Unless you're a Gemini spy. And you planted this bait, which I have taken hook line and sinker!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Actually, it's not the literal end, but it is an enormous part of a building confluence that will result in the end of something monumental.

And the Dec 21, 2012 date serves to bring that age to an end by completely failing to deliver on the promises of many fundamental philosophical and theological pillars of the Age of Pisces. It will be that failure, as the 22nd of December dawns across the entire planet (heralding nothing more than 3 more shopping days until Christmas) that will finally initiate the serious debate whether we, as a species of otherwise rational beings, have been stooping and fetching on behalf of who-knows-what (literally in most cases) for centuries, as one finely crafted presentation after another orders us to believe what cannot (and should not) be proven, while demanding that we reject every other presentation as diabolical heresy whether it can be proven or not; with the rationale that it will be faith alone that will ensure our literal survival, unless that faith embraces the tenets of any competing presentation.

When December 21st fails to deliver on
  • ascension
  • apocalypse
  • physical transformation of the human corporeal body
  • spiritual transformation
  • geological cataclysm
  • global societal collapse
  • Jesus on a cloud (with splendor and glory)
  • The AntiChrist
  • WWIII (featuring the AntiChrist or authorized representative)
  • any one of the following - earthquake, flood, blood sea, boiling rivers and oceans, black-hole sun, locusts, frogs upon the land of (fill in your location here), Zombie apocalypse, death star materialization, Nibiru coming around for the rent check, satellite TV disruption

...the demand for answers will be felt, even if they aren't widely expressed. And the answers are not going to be available, if those answers will be expected to somehow explain how this monumental calendar event was nothing more than yet another Tennessee tent preacher Rapture debacle, while having all that unimpeachable evidence - that was carefully and prayerfully handed down from those masters from whom we learned how to worship, how much to worship, and who it was that we'd best target with our worship - to back up the assertions that this 2012 event was the real deal.

So, in essence, Dec 21, 2012 will probably come through after all, even if it does so in a way that the religionists and the spiritualists and the transcendentalists won't be celebrating. It's sure to be a red letter day on the calendar, and that much I think we can all agree on.

You had me there, what with that astrology stuff :logic, reason, replacing ritual and secret Failure of 12-21-2012, might just make us pause and ask. "whats the best way next? Let's think about this for a minute." If 2012 comes and goes,and after the failure of calamity , even though so much service to expectations of, and belief in, was paid, maybe it is time for reason.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking . Christmas 2012 home free. Then there will be that silver bubble and bust. and the # will really hit the fan.

Nah. there will always be another doom date. Unless the planets really do have something to say
edit on 1-8-2012 by okyouwin because: did not end quote.

edit on 1-8-2012 by okyouwin because: spelling

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpookyVince

Originally posted by Time2Think
However, wouldn't it be interesting if the planets in our solar system really did "align" with each other, but instead of aligning horizontally, they instead aligned vertically.

Huh ? Vertically ? This doesn't make any sense...??

Yes, "vertically" - sorry that's the best way I can explain it. If you pick up a coin, then put another coin on top of it, and continue doing so until you have a stack of coins - the coins "align vertically".

If that isn't a good enough explanation, then maybe concentric circles is a better one?
www.mathopenref.com...

-- Most of the time when one thinks of concentric circles they're looking from a left to right point of view, or a center ring to outer ring point of view - I'm saying look at it from a "bird's eye view" top down, as if you were you flying above it looking down. The reason I'm making this point and trying my best to explain is because of something called the Interplantery Transport Network en.wikipedia.org...
which plays a very important part for things such as NASA's Genesis Mission. genesismission.jpl.nasa.gov...

The solar system, as well as the entire galaxy, isn't simply moving in a left to right motion, it's also moving up and down as well as diagonally.

I have never heard of the "barycenter" before, thank you. Perhaps, like our own solar system, the Sun is the barycenter of more than just the Milky Way? When we look at the atomic structure of a single molecule, we find that the protons, electrons, and neutrons all orbit around the nucleous.
web.jjay.cuny.edu...

Now that I'm thinking about this "barycenter" more since you brought it up to me, I'm starting to see how this quickly becomes very interesting, in that it seems to me it would play a very important role in the current ideas of quantum physics - concerning various theories about "quarks", and "neutrinos" moving faster than the speed of light.
www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 1-8-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by Time2Think because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Utopia2012

Thank you for explaining this much better than my attempt at it.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

You have some very impressive trolling skills, this made me laugh

Wait a minute... is the second fish of pisces a spy of gemini? Why not just one fish, but two???

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join