It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The date, Dec 21, 2012 truly is the end of something monumental

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'd like to see some positive change come out of it as well. If it could at least make the NEXT big hairy doomcult garbage scow lose buoyancy, that's a plus. The thing I'm relying on is the average person may not be all that bright (and half the population is dumber than that), but he sure as hell is resilient.

What I further expect is that all the people who should eventually recognize the folly of biting at this nonsensical dribbler of a prediction are going to be more than ready to jump on the next one. Sort of an allegory for the political process, if you think about it.

We'll see.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 7/31/2012 by yeahright because: typo

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The end times have been predicted many times throughout history and have never happened yet, no matter the prophet, prophecy or prediction the "2012" belief will be no different..What id like to see is the world moving into a positive and productive age..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
ITT people who have never been in touch with their spiritual side patting each other on the backs for not having done so and refusing to as well. Congratulations everyone!

I'll leave you sad individuals to it, enjoy you stereotyping, you'll never know what true spiritual connection feels like, let alone that it doesn't require any belief in 2012.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
ITT people who have never been in touch with their spiritual side patting each other on the backs for not having done so and refusing to as well. Congratulations everyone!

I'll leave you sad individuals to it, enjoy you stereotyping, you'll never know what true spiritual connection feels like, let alone that it doesn't require any belief in 2012.

Gosh...I didn't know true spiritual connection was so damn angry. Thank You for showing me what I'm missing....

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Just like 9/11 happened the day after the Government admitted 2.3 Trillians Dollars just disapeared.

[sarcasm]Yeah, except that coincidence was actually pure coincidence. [/sarcasm]

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Gosh...I didn't know true spiritual connection was so damn angry. Thank You for showing me what I'm missing....

Des

Careful, he may 'find your lack of faith disturbing' and employ 'force choke' upon on you :-)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You don't like ITT employees? Okay. That's being pretty damn specific, but I guess we all have our likes and dislikes.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Des

yes watch out because I'm foaming at the mouth overe here! seriously though, did i come across as angry to you? first day on the internet or something? too bad I know it's not though, weird assumption but, whatever floats your boat i guess!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Yes, I can tell you are foaming at the mouth. You should be all soft and fluffy. Being bitter and condescending, as you are, makes you sadly lacking in promoting your love and light agenda. Maybe, one of those ITT guys can give you a few pointers on how to polish your game....

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Couldn't have said it better. However, there are more than quite a few coincidences floating around about this year, not to mention global occurrences.

Star and flag regardless. Everyone needs a good grounding.
edit on 31-7-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

Yes, I can tell you are foaming at the mouth. You should be all soft and fluffy. Being bitter and condescending, as you are, makes you sadly lacking in promoting your love and light agenda. Maybe, one of those ITT guys can give you a few pointers on how to polish your game....

Des

Offended because I said sad individuals? Yeah sorry about that, the ones stereotyping, in my book, are. Up to you if you feel insulted

And nope, I'm not claiming or pretending to be Gandhi either, so off my back please
Unless you're going to make valid claims against me of course.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

edit on 31-7-2012 by Pressthebutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
It is the first time in 26,000 years that the sun, earth, and the black hole in the center of the Milky Way will be aligned.

Any source for this outside of 2012 websites?

I'm asking because what most of these websites pass off as an "alignment" is no where near the sort. Take a look at the pic below and you tell me if that looks like an alignment.

From a perspective in space, we can see that the Earth and the Sun do not align with the center of the Milky Way Galaxy on December 21st, 2012. This perspective is from above the plane of the Solar System and we can see the two different lines of sight from Earth to the Sun and from Earth to the Galactic center. Also note that there is no alignment of planets on this date, which some 2012 doomsday theorists claim. (Image credit: Bryan Mendez, UC Berkeley/Word Wide Telescope)
calendar inthesky.org

For a historical look at why these "alignments" are no big deal, look up May 5, 2000. Go ahead.

Here I'll help you out.... May 5, 2000

Still too hard?? OK try this link.... May 5 Alignment: Doom, Dream or Dullsville?

See? That was 12 years ago & pretty much everything in that article could be said about 2012.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

LOL I said To check what I said... I think it is from Ancient Aliens

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Please go watch these videos

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Go back to nature, meditate and vibrate. For the 85% of you who don't think anything will happen except for your Jesus taking you to Heaven, good luck. For the 15% who treat their mind body and soul right then yes, you will ascend in 2013 and enjoy the videos.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Could not have said it better myself, you can only feel sorry for them and keep moving. Enjoy your 3d world, see you in the 4th when you make it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pressthebutton
reply to post by OneisOne

LOL I said To check what I said... I think it is from Ancient Aliens

Well I did not have to check what you stated as fact, because I already knew it was 2012 hype. I provided those links for you.

And I'm really glad I quoted your post as you have now edited it.

You should really try and figure out what the 2012 date means for you & not take someone else's word for it. And you certainly shouldn't hide from what you believe.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Actually, it's not the literal end, but it is an enormous part of a building confluence that will result in the end of something monumental.

That monumental something is the 2,000+ year Piscean Age, and that age - with its mysticism and secret knowledge and spiritual initiates, who know all the chants and the rituals and the secret handshakes - has to end to allow the Age of Aquarius - with its focus on rationalism, logic, technology, and objective reality - to begin to emerge as a more visceral aspect of what it means to be human on Planet Earth.

And the Dec 21, 2012 date serves to bring that age to an end by completely failing to deliver on the promises of many fundamental philosophical and theological pillars of the Age of Pisces. It will be that failure, as the 22nd of December dawns across the entire planet (heralding nothing more than 3 more shopping days until Christmas) that will finally initiate the serious debate whether we, as a species of otherwise rational beings, have been stooping and fetching on behalf of who-knows-what (literally in most cases) for centuries, as one finely crafted presentation after another orders us to believe what cannot (and should not) be proven, while demanding that we reject every other presentation as diabolical heresy whether it can be proven or not; with the rationale that it will be faith alone that will ensure our literal survival, unless that faith embraces the tenets of any competing presentation.

When December 21st fails to deliver on
  • ascension
  • apocalypse
  • physical transformation of the human corporeal body
  • spiritual transformation
  • geological cataclysm
  • global societal collapse
  • Jesus on a cloud (with splendor and glory)
  • The AntiChrist
  • WWIII (featuring the AntiChrist or authorized representative)
  • any one of the following - earthquake, flood, blood sea, boiling rivers and oceans, black-hole sun, locusts, frogs upon the land of (fill in your location here), Zombie apocalypse, death star materialization, Nibiru coming around for the rent check, satellite TV disruption

...the demand for answers will be felt, even if they aren't widely expressed. And the answers are not going to be available, if those answers will be expected to somehow explain how this monumental calendar event was nothing more than yet another Tennessee tent preacher Rapture debacle, while having all that unimpeachable evidence - that was carefully and prayerfully handed down from those masters from whom we learned how to worship, how much to worship, and who it was that we'd best target with our worship - to back up the assertions that this 2012 event was the real deal.

So, in essence, Dec 21, 2012 will probably come through after all, even if it does so in a way that the religionists and the spiritualists and the transcendentalists won't be celebrating. It's sure to be a red letter day on the calendar, and that much I think we can all agree on.

Agree 100%

S+F

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Erm...it IS the end of something...

it will be the end of the Autumnal Equinox and the Beginning of the Winter Solstice....who would have thunk it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Incidentally, I noticed today that "Old Moore's Almanac" for 2013 is already on sale.
So one set of astrologers are expecting business as usual.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join