It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The date, Dec 21, 2012 truly is the end of something monumental

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Actually, it's not the literal end, but it is an enormous part of a building confluence that will result in the end of something monumental.

That monumental something is the 2,000+ year Piscean Age, and that age - with its mysticism and secret knowledge and spiritual initiates, who know all the chants and the rituals and the secret handshakes - has to end to allow the Age of Aquarius - with its focus on rationalism, logic, technology, and objective reality - to begin to emerge as a more visceral aspect of what it means to be human on Planet Earth.

And the Dec 21, 2012 date serves to bring that age to an end by completely failing to deliver on the promises of many fundamental philosophical and theological pillars of the Age of Pisces. It will be that failure, as the 22nd of December dawns across the entire planet (heralding nothing more than 3 more shopping days until Christmas) that will finally initiate the serious debate whether we, as a species of otherwise rational beings, have been stooping and fetching on behalf of who-knows-what (literally in most cases) for centuries, as one finely crafted presentation after another orders us to believe what cannot (and should not) be proven, while demanding that we reject every other presentation as diabolical heresy whether it can be proven or not; with the rationale that it will be faith alone that will ensure our literal survival, unless that faith embraces the tenets of any competing presentation.

When December 21st fails to deliver on
  • ascension
  • apocalypse
  • physical transformation of the human corporeal body
  • spiritual transformation
  • geological cataclysm
  • global societal collapse
  • Jesus on a cloud (with splendor and glory)
  • The AntiChrist
  • WWIII (featuring the AntiChrist or authorized representative)
  • any one of the following - earthquake, flood, blood sea, boiling rivers and oceans, black-hole sun, locusts, frogs upon the land of (fill in your location here), Zombie apocalypse, death star materialization, Nibiru coming around for the rent check, satellite TV disruption

...the demand for answers will be felt, even if they aren't widely expressed. And the answers are not going to be available, if those answers will be expected to somehow explain how this monumental calendar event was nothing more than yet another Tennessee tent preacher Rapture debacle, while having all that unimpeachable evidence - that was carefully and prayerfully handed down from those masters from whom we learned how to worship, how much to worship, and who it was that we'd best target with our worship - to back up the assertions that this 2012 event was the real deal.

So, in essence, Dec 21, 2012 will probably come through after all, even if it does so in a way that the religionists and the spiritualists and the transcendentalists won't be celebrating. It's sure to be a red letter day on the calendar, and that much I think we can all agree on.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This date shall mean nothing more than a set piece for an above average movie. Nothing more. Interesting to think that no one will want answers, They'll just create some bat # inane reason it never followed through.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
This date shall mean nothing more than a set piece for an above average movie. Nothing more. Interesting to think that no one will want answers, They'll just create some bat # inane reason it never followed through.

I don't know. This 2012 thing has really gotten good press. It's pretty integral to a lot of reality narratives across the planet. I think there may be some surges to the exists - religion-wise - as a result of it being such a nonevent.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

As I said on another thread, people will just move the goalposts. There will be a new date of doom.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

I don't know. This 2012 thing has really gotten good press. It's pretty integral to a lot of reality narratives across the planet. I think there may be some surges to the exists - religion-wise - as a result of it being such a nonevent.

Honestly there are too many Conflicting theories for me to take this seriously. Above Average movie. That is all i shall remember it by

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Honestly there are too many Conflicting theories for me to take this seriously. Above Average movie. That is all i shall remember it by

I agree. It's pretty silly, and rational thinkers aren't very impressed by it. But, its overall impact on the human culture does warrant that it be given its own ATS forum. And you are actually posting in that forum, yourself. Gotta admit that much, at least.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Revolution of the mind and system is the coming golden age.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Revolution of the mind and system is the coming golden age.

Yeah. "Révolution de l'esprit et le système est l'âge d'or qui viennent"

Pretty popular in France as the 1700s wound down.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

People will never learn. This date will come and go, nothing will happen, and a new date will come along and the same people will believe that too.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I agree. It's pretty silly, and rational thinkers aren't very impressed by it. But, its overall impact on the human culture does warrant that it be given its own ATS forum. And you are actually posting in that forum, yourself. Gotta admit that much, at least.

I post here out of bemusement of the "Believers" who Pointlessly try to argue it truth. But i agree, it has held a grip commercially but i bet 80% of believers will not have a rational argument of their fear so i on December 22nd (Thats our date for it) I will gladly kick my feat up in knowledge that i will live another day

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

And the answers are not going to be available, if those answers will be expected to somehow explain how this monumental calendar event was nothing more than yet another Tennessee tent preacher Rapture debacle, while having all that unimpeachable evidence - that was carefully and prayerfully handed down from those masters from whom we learned how to worship, how much to worship, and who it was that we'd best target with our worship - to back up the assertions that this 2012 event was the real deal.

I do agree with you that the day will come and go, but just for the record the most recent (and very publicized) rapture debacle (May 21, 2011) was Harold Camping's mess. He was born in Colorado and spred his message from California. Tennesseans already have enough religious nuts, please don't straddle us with Camping.

I'm sure some will change the doom date, I think others will probably claim they "switched time lines" or they felt a "comic rush" or some other non-tangible claim (I'm vibrating at a higher frequency yo).

Very much like what happened May 5 2000.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

People will never learn. This date will come and go, nothing will happen, and a new date will come along and the same people will believe that too.

Yes, the same people will believe, because that's what they do. However, the public at large will have had a ringside seat as the biggest failure of prophesy in the modern era went down in flames. I don't expect the true believers to be affected, but everyone else is going to (at least) know what didn't happen on that Friday. It may end up being just one more nail in that coffin, but it's a big freakin' nail, nonetheless. For some, it may be the last nail that's needed.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The only thing that will end on 12/21/12 with absolute 100% certainty is the Federal Reserves 99 year contract. Want to know how to break the spell those filthy dollar bills have on you? BURN ONE OF THEM.. You can see the evil spirits going up in flames..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Some, will probably blame us, the non believers, for lowering the vibrational level that would have heralded in their glorious new age. There will be an onslaught of *it's all your fault* and *repent* threads, entreating us to fall on our knees and amend our evil ways. While listening to the channeled voices in their heads, they'll furiously type said channeled messages to post here.

It will be entertaining, that's for sure....

Excellent thread ....S&F

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I completely forgot about this December 2012 date until this thread reminded me!

Thanks!

And for someone who has produced some rather cool movies, Roland Emmerich disappoints with 2012!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The doorway to our home planet will open.

You have free will. You can join us and go home or you can stay here on Earth.

Your choice.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

And the answers are not going to be available, if those answers will be expected to somehow explain how this monumental calendar event was nothing more than yet another Tennessee tent preacher Rapture debacle, while having all that unimpeachable evidence - that was carefully and prayerfully handed down from those masters from whom we learned how to worship, how much to worship, and who it was that we'd best target with our worship - to back up the assertions that this 2012 event was the real deal.

I do agree with you that the day will come and go, but just for the record the most recent (and very publicized) rapture debacle (May 21, 2011) was Harold Camping's mess. He was born in Colorado and spred his message from California. Tennesseans already have enough religious nuts, please don't straddle us with Camping.

Oops, sorry. I actually love Tennesse and get down to Gatlinburg on a regular basis. Wonderful land you've got there.

I'm sure some will change the doom date, I think others will probably claim they "switched time lines" or they felt a "comic rush" or some other non-tangible claim (I'm vibrating at a higher frequency yo).

Very much like what happened May 5 2000.

If there'd been a Mayan Calendar, and references to it (vague as they may be) in all the foundational theological premises, then May 5th would've been cataclysmic as well. If there's been a big-budget movie, documentaries, scores of fiction and nonfiction books, songs, poems and entire mysticisms built around it, then the pitch forks would've taken that Camp character to his own End Times over that foolishness.

This thing's going to be really hard to unwind after all the years and many millions of dollars spent hyping it as the literal end of time (or beginning of humanity's new existence - I guess you're free to choose between the two) That's some pretty definitive stuff right there. It'll be really hard to ignore. Especially since there's no single person responsible for the whole thing. Religion and theology and mysticism is solely responsible for it. That's a very different paradigm that we're dealing with here. That stuff reaches into 6/7's of the Earth's human inhabitants, even if they never embraced the 2012 thing.

Again, the believers will just reach for a new date. The 90% who aren't diehard in that sense will feel something different about what won't occur. Some more than others.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

As I said on another thread, people will just move the goalposts. There will be a new date of doom.

That's the best way i have heard it been put. Nicely done

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
The doorway to our home planet will open.

You have free will. You can join us and go home or you can stay here on Earth.

Your choice.

Good hopefully loads go, there's a nice big house I've already got my eye on.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The 2012 consensus here falls under two categories. 1. The world will change beyond everything we know. 2. Rubbish, hoax, mayan's never said that...

The problem here is the polarization and the fact that neither side truly get what consciousness expression in a realm of collective expressions is all about. Both sides here tend to think of our reality like a prison where 2012 either keeps us nicely tucked into the prison, or we are released, but the decision is not made by themselves but the warden and they have no influence in that area.

Consciousness is an evolving thing, a fractal of expression that alters it's direction with each choice that is made in each moment - with some choices less likely to alter anything at all then others. We are infinite beings having infinite experiences created by infinite choices expressing infinite forms. BUT, we are constantly steered to choose things that keep us with in a very tiny, tiny band of energetic expression - the earth prison. And we are programmed to not only resist seeing it as a prison, but to actually favor it, love it, and demand that all the others around us do the same.

2012 as simply a banner, has been used by many, some well informed and some a bit nuts, to hopefully assist the greater collective to see they prison they live in and to use that moment in "time" to escape the limitations they impose on themselves and liberate THEMSELVES from the prison they choose to live in. Their is an entire consciousness in there to explore, an infinite consciousness, and we choose to live on the earth prison where going from country to country requires permission from an impersonal, corporate fiction, which can deny us the the basic right to travel - 125 years ago traveling was no restricted at all. Sadly, we like that limitation system whole lot.

That infinite expression is quite wonderful. Think seeing every singly piece of artwork ever created on earth at the same time, then understand that this energy doesn't even cause the consciousness meter to rise at all as it is so tiny.

What will happen? Something? Nothing? Neither of these polarized expression is the point, the point is will you demand to be liberated from the limitations of the earth reality, or will you enjoy the prison so much you prefer it to get smaller and more secure? Will you demand to access the true you, or will you demand the warden make sure the true you is cut off from access for life?

2012 and the consciousness raising energy associated with it is about liberation of each person, not about comets, or demons, or aliens or anything else of the sort. It isn't complex at all. It is internal and those waving the banner are simply doing so to get those who have no internal sense of self to take a moment to self reflect and find it. Sadly, those with the least connection to self are the loudest shouters of the "2012 is rubbish" polarity.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join