It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora victims wear Batman t-shirts in court.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Bad taste? What do you guys think? Had an argument at home regarding this, was wondering what ATS members think of this.

The medias are doing a good of a job at putting "batman" all over this story for sensationalism i do not see the need of the victims to label themselves as "batman" victims on top of giving James Holmes even more satisfaction. I also believe this kind of behavior is not acceptable in a court of justice.
Thank you.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 31-7-2012 by CompisMentis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CompisMentis

I saw this on the news this morning. It seemed very odd. It seems they are doing that to make a statement of something, but I'm not sure what.

If I were the judge in this case, I would probably want to question them about their dress. I'm not sure it's appropriate for for court, but as victims, I would want to cut them some slack depending on their motives.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
They’re the victims. If they feel this is appropriate, then so be it, who are we to call them out? I mean, this guy killed 12 people and we’re going to question the victims on their dress code?

Batman is a symbol of justice, especially against evil like James Holmes, so that’s probably why they did it, in respect of what Batman stands for and in the respect of Justice.

I mean there’s always a zeitgeist feel with these Batman films. Before because of Heath’s death after such a great performance, and now, after such a powerful film something like this happens which again pushes the film into a very dark category. I feel it’s totally their call if they want to do this, and by no means is it a wrong decision.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Um, I don't think i can comment on what i think about it without firstly hearing an explanation as to why they decided to dress in that desired way.

But then again why shouldn't they wear what they choose to wear?

The medias are doing a good of a job at putting "batman" all over this story for sensationalism i do not see the need of the victims to label themselves as "batman" victims on top of giving James Holmes even more satisfaction.

I am sorry but the media is naturally putting "Batman" all over this story because that is exactly what it means.... It happened during the filming of it, How else would you expect them to put it?

How are they labeling themselves as "Batman" Victims exactly?

edit on 31-7-2012 by ladylove because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2012 by ladylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MartyrCollect
They’re the victims. If they feel this is appropriate, then so be it, who are we to call them out? I mean, this guy killed 12 people and we’re going to question the victims on their dress code?

Batman is a symbol of justice, especially against evil like James Holmes, so that’s probably why they did it, in respect of what Batman stands for and in the respect of Justice.

I mean there’s always a zeitgeist feel with these Batman films. Before because of Heath’s death after such a great performance, and now, after such a powerful film something like this happens which again pushes the film into a very dark category. I feel it’s totally their call if they want to do this, and by no means is it a wrong decision.

That is what my girlfriend says. I have to disagree, i find it highly inappropriate.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

"I am sorry but the media is naturally putting "Batman" all over this story because that is exactly what it means.... It happened during the filming of it, How else would you expect them to put it?"

This made me laugh, thank you!

Batman Massacre, Joker Killer, etc...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It's inappropriate to convey some overt "message" in court, where fairness and truth are goal.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Many people are in shock and trauma about the Aurora massacre ; if they want to wear a batman t-shirt and it makes them feel better; I see no harm in it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Many people are in shock and trauma about the Aurora massacre ; if they want to wear a batman t-shirt and it makes them feel better; I see no harm in it.

Court of justice is one of our most sacred institution, if they want to wear batman t-shirts publicly to feel better they can, but being a victim does not allow you to not follow the court room dress code or violate the 6th amendment.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Court of justice is one of our most sacred institution, if they want to wear batman t-shirts publicly to feel better they can, but being a victim does not allow you to not follow the court room dress code or violate the 6th amendment.

I do see where you are coming from and understand your views on this, But In my personal opinion i think that they are wearing them just to show support and understanding to the other "Batman" Victim's and there family's that were unable to attend maybe.... I do not see anything wrong with this.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I am wondering now if this will lead to some form of vigilante justice, as batman is a vigilante not an athorized criminal detective.

I think it is a high possiblity we could see Holmes shot in some sort of vigilante justice, only adding to the
(E.)nigma of this whole event.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CompisMentis

Add one more opinion:

They are free to wear whatever they want. But.....

A courtroom is not the place for this type of behavior. If I was the defending attorney, I would ask them all to step out of the court room and only return when they have appropriate attire. Their dress could influence a jury. Their dress could influence the judge. Their dress will definitely influence the media.

-subfab

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Seems the judge didnt have a problem with, Its his court room and if he felt it was inappropriate he wouldnt have allowed it. So whats the problem? I find nothing wrong with it, they are expressing their First Amendment Right.

We dont have the right to criticise them when we werent there in that theater having to see innocent people next you being shot up and killed by scumbag with a assault rifle. when something like that happens to(pray that it doesnt) then you have the right to talk.

This is A hole is the reason why we have capitol punishment

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
While I may have sympathy for the victims. This is inappropriate behavior for a courtroom. Regardless of the intention it has the possibility of being antagonistic and may be considered some kind of political or statement from the victims that has the potential to influence others in the courtroom.

Victims of a gang shooting are not allowed to wear the rival gangs colors in court. Victims are not allowed to carry signs or banners into the court room. This is really no different than allowing them to stand up and shout obscenities at the accused.

If the victims wish to show support or solidarity the ribbon they have on is acceptable. Dressing in batman t-shirts is confrontational and inappropriate. I also think it is in bad taste and sends the wrong message.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicWand67

Agreed but as said before in this thread, If the judge or anyone else had an issue with it, It would have been addressed at that exact time....

top topics

join