It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.


Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.


Chicago: Witnesses help capture muggers who attacked World War II vet.

page: 1

log in


posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:13 AM
What a shame. 88 year old getting mugged and beaten by young kids. It just shows how degraded some parts of our society has become. Lack of help, support from society/parents and education are certainly the culprit in addition to local & regional politics (improvement/development dollars).

An 87-year-old World War II veteran was walking from a corner store in West Englewood after buying lottery tickets when he was attacked by three people who smashed his glasses, knocked out his hearing aid and broke his dentures, then went through his pockets and fled with his wallet, according to his family and police.


Your thoughts/comments/opinions/viewpoints please.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:17 AM
What a disgusting display our our 'youth'.

Chicago has practically been a war zone all year...

Crime in Chicago

I have no clue why the people that could leave that city still live there. It seems to be trying to become the next Detroit.

I wish the elderly gentleman a speedy and full recovery and my thanks for this service in WWII.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:25 AM
Feel bad for the vetera,. glad they got caught.

Article describes how a witness saw the attack and then followed the muggers in his rented truck keeping a slow distance so they wouldn't notice. It says he flagged down the cops which makes it sound like the cops were passing by near the muggers and he flagged them down.

I would've thought he was on his phone and talking to them giving them directions. But isn't talking on the phone and driving a violation of some sort anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:10 PM
This wasn't even a hate or race crime here. Just some wannabe thugs. Nevertheless, media will not go past a certain point on this particular incident.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:54 PM
reply to post by hp1229

Freaking 88 year old man? What big, brave men they were. Vet or not, those monsters should be ventilated. They're breathing my air.


posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:05 PM

Police say Rashon Williams, 20, of the 1400 block of Lincoln Avenue in Calumet City, was charged with robbery of a senior citizen, and Michael Protho, 17, of the 3000 block of Woodworth Place in Hazel Crest, was charged with robbery of a senior citizen and reckless conduct.

According to court records, Williams was paroled in March after serving time for a pair of 2009 convictions, one aggravated robbery and a vehicular hijacking.

Bond was set at $500,000 each for Williams and Protho. Both are scheduled to appear in court on Aug. 6.

Juvenile authorities will take over in the case of the 15-year-old, who was also charged with robbery of a senior, police said.

Uhh...where is aggravated assault? Battery? WTF is reckless conduct? Reckless is when you unintentionally harm someone when acting a fool. This was deliberate harm to another human. An elderly human. I'd say more, but everyone here can read between the lines as to why they're not charged with anything more. Freaking Chicago.


posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:10 PM
Well I am glad to see there are still a few good people left in chicago. Normally when you here about this kind of crap, no one helps, they just take a cell phone video and egg it on so they can put it on youtube.....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:31 PM
I used to live in Chicago (Gold Coast). I wish I was there to witness this. While out for a walk late one Sunday night I tackled a purse snatcher head on but he didnt hurt an old man like these low lifes. It was pretty funny tho the people who were chasing him helped hold him down after I tackled him (and believe me it hurt as he dropped the purse when he saw me moving laterally with my arms out so he couldnt get past me and then he put his head down and I took his force in my rib cage and we went flying thru the air in the street) and he said "let me go man, I wont do it again." The police were there in about 3 minutes. Super quick.

new topics

top topics


log in