Gay Marriage To Be Officially Part Of Democrat Party Platform

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
And there's no bias from a Catholic University.

Um ... what do you mean? Not following you.

Believe whatever you want.

I believe the report until something newer and more indepth comes along.

Its off topic anyway.

How is discussing the percentage of gay people in this country 'off topic' from the topic of gay marriage being part of the official democrat party platform??

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Sorry, no time to read the thread but are they adopting this on a state by state basis? I was under the impression that this was a state issue, not a federal one.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

They always talk big about the big emotion buttonpushers like gay marriage and abortion. Never once has either side followed through. People always seem to eat it up during the election cycle, then fall back into not giving a crap until the next one.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Party platform. It means that it is part of what being a member of the party means. If you register democrat then supposedly you will be approving of the democrat party platform - which now will officially include gay marriage. It's a whole-country thing.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's a whole-country thing.

Sounds unconstitutional to me. Unless it's left to the states. With the Dem's in any given state saying, "Yup, this is it."

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Naaaah .. not unconstitutional. It's like being the member of a club. It isn't binding. It's just the club stating what it's philosophy and agenda are. It's what the club is working towards.

This is why more and more people are registering as independent.

And it's why I think that this move will HURT the democrats more than help. The democrats were already known for being 'gay friendly' (for a lack of a better term). However, there are a LOT of black evangelicals in the democratic party and they do NOT go for gay marriage. My guess .. many will leave and register 'independent'. (which is a good thing for America ..the less republicans and democrats and more independents THE BETTER - IMHO)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
That is the same report I was referring to. I do read/follow Gay subject issues - - the Williams Institute did not sound familiar. I thought it was a different university/institute. I claim aged memory loss

Anyway - - here is your 11% - - as I mentioned in prior thread (at least it shows I actually read this report prior).

Self Identifying is not the same as over-all estimated total. To just pick that specific area of testing - - is inaccurate.

I find the term "sexual behavior" insulting - - in reference to LGBTQ.

Estimates of those who report any lifetime same-sex sexual behavior and any same-sex sexual attraction are substantially higher than estimates of those who identify as LGB. An estimated 19 million Americans (8.2%) report that they have engaged in same-sex sexual behavior and nearly 25.6 million Americans (11%) acknowledge at least some same-sex sexual attraction. williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu...

Now I'm out because I do not discuss Politics on ATS.

I posted only because of the Gay subject.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Annee

Gay couple or individuals can live and be in a relationship peacefully all they want and wherever they want. I just dont agree with 'gay marriages'.

This is not a discussion on gay marriage.Who cares if you agree or not - - - in no way does it affect you or your life.
Really? I thought its going to be part of the Democrat Party Platform....'Gay Marriage' that is as per the Subject. Likewise why do I care if you agree or not with what I agree
in no way does it affect you or your life.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Having experimented once or twice with the same sex doesn't mean you are gay. Having an attraction to a person of the same sex (or appreciating their looks .. whatever) doesn't mean you are gay. (I have a girl crush on a friend of mine, but that doesn't make me gay) That 11% that you talk about includes those situations. Those people aren't 'gay'. The bottom line is that, according to the recent data by a think tank that specializes in gay issues and is for equal rights, people who are actually GAY are 1-2%.

But like I said ... 1% or 10% ... they all deserve their civil rights.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Annee

Having experimented once or twice with the same sex doesn't mean you are gay.

I'm sorry you can't admit you are wrong.

You really should. But - - you are CHOOSING what you want to portray.

Bye.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I just want to know if Democrats and liberals are going to force Muslims to do gay marriages as well. Or is this just target at the Christian religion?

I'm asking this as an agnostic. I haven't seen a single thing about forcing mosques or Islam to perform gay marriages. My guess based on history is no, they will not force this on Islam.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson
I just want to know if Democrats and liberals are going to force Muslims to do gay marriages as well. Or is this just target at the Christian religion?

I'm asking this as an agnostic. I haven't seen a single thing about forcing mosques or Islam to perform gay marriages. My guess based on history is no, they will not force this on Islam.

Study up on your religious freedom.

And what do you think of: Gay Marriage To Be Officially Part Of Democrat Party Platform

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Giving gays the right to marry forces churches to marry them how? If white churches can refuse to marry blacks, how does giving gays the right to get married force any church or religion to do anything?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Good. Equal civil rights for everyone please.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

Marriage licenses are nothing but a legal document in the form of government. It has nothing to do with religion.

The government cannot force a priest to perform a marriage if he doesn't want to.
edit on 31-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I support the Democratic platform to allow gays to marry. Why should gays be exempt from the misery
of marriage most hetero people experience.

www.divorcerate.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
pretending to be into civil rights for all people is better than not being for civil rights or pretending not to be or whatever logic you want to use.

ideally i wish they were really into civil rights for all people (if this is indeed true) and ideally i wish the two party system would end forever and allow for 3 and or more and than we can really get busy. however we are living in a black iron prison and we have to do the best with what we have.

edit on 31-7-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
So it has come to this...

Back in 2008 I registered to vote for the first time because I bought into the 'hope' and 'change' song that I kept hearing.
This time I 'hope' that enough of us have a 'change' of mind. This clown as well as his administration and even party now have caused irreparable damage to our country.

I guess the only good to come from this is it being possible in a few years for me to marry several women. (sounds absurd doesn't it?)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The idea that blacks wont vote for Dems (and a black potus) over gay marriage is wishful thinking.

Sure, they may be vocal about their dislike of the topic, but that is a voting bloc that is reliably Democrat.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Well that "sucks"........
literally and figuratively.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join