It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Marriage To Be Officially Part Of Democrat Party Platform

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

. . . . . . so gay marriage is the best they got?

And the AWB. That's always in their national party platform.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

So what you are saying is that you are OK with being pandered to by a political party whose only discernible difference from the other is the color of the ties they wear to work every morning?

If you want to believe in that red vs blue fantasy that's fine, but don't expect us to sit around and not call it for what it is.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Gay couple or individuals can live and be in a relationship peacefully all they want and wherever they want. I just dont agree with 'gay marriages'. Nothing to do with God (i'm not even religious but agnostic). Just like any other species (majority or most of them), it takes two genders to produce an offspring. Ofcourse majority of them either have child from their previous marriage(s) before switching the team or many opt for surrogate mother/father or adoption. Why mess with MOTHER nature and ruin that? I say hell with calling the earth 'Mother' Nature. Why not 'Father' Nature?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

Call me stupid, but wouldn't a party platform based on the economy, unemployment, ending wars be a better thing to promote?

Better for who?

Oh wait - - - are gays not American voters? Are supporters of Equal Rights not American voters?

Jobs? Economy? Here you go:

New York Gay Marriage Generated $259 Million In Economic Impact For NYC, According To Report: www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
reply to post by Annee

Gay couple or individuals can live and be in a relationship peacefully all they want and wherever they want. I just dont agree with 'gay marriages'.

This is not a discussion on gay marriage.

Who cares if you agree or not - - - in no way does it affect you or your life.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Call me stupid, but wouldn't a party platform based on the economy, unemployment, ending wars be a better thing to promote?

Better for who?

Oh wait - - - are gays not American voters? Are supporters of Equal Rights not American voters?

New York Gay Marriage Generated $259 Million In Economic Impact For NYC, According To Report: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Um, Annee? Gays have jobs, work, fight also.

But stay narrow-focused.

That's classy!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Annee

So what you are saying is that you are OK with being pandered to by a political party whose only discernible difference from the other is the color of the ties they wear to work every morning?

You are the only one focusing on Pandering.

Republicans use Christianity. A "popular" platform.

My position is Equal Rights - - - I applaud the Dems for officially taking a stand and supporting an "unpopular" platform - - that is an Equal Rights issue.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Better for who?

Um, Annee? Gays have jobs, work, fight also.

But stay narrow-focused.

That's classy!

I'm not the one who is consistently narrow-focused. Who shows up in every anti-Obama thread.

I provided a link that proved Equality provides jobs and stimulates economy.

You just complain.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee..

It's WHY they are supporting it that's important, not that they just DO support it.

Let's say I run a breast cancer charity and I support Breast Cancer, but only because I collect a 150 thousand dollar salary from it every year.

Am I still deserving of praise and respect because I "support" breast cancer?

No.

It's no different with political parties and the causes the support on their platforms. If it's not legitimately for the people, but for political gain and partisanship, than it's wrong and should be pointed out to them.

~Tenth
edit on 7/31/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's pandering to a narrow group. It isn't a program that encompasses everyone.

Typical.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

It's pandering to a narrow group. It isn't a program that encompasses everyone.

Typical.

Equal Rights - - Equality is a narrow group?

Good one.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee..

It's WHY they are supporting it that's important, not that they just DO support it.

NO - - really it is not.

Why do you ignore - - Republicans use Christianity?

It is still only your opinion why the Democratic party does anything.

For me - - I don't care how people's minds are opened to Equal Rights - - as long as they are opened.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee..

NO - - really it is not.

Why do you ignore - - Republicans use Christianity?

It is still only your opinion why the Democratic party does anything.

For me - - I don't care how people's minds are opened to Equal Rights - - as long as they are opened.

I don't bash on republicans for using religion, because it's expected. They've done it for decades.

The same with Democracts and their using of minority groups in order to get elected. Happens every cycle.

And you SHOULD care how people go about "opening their minds" cause what you see as opening of minds, is a ruse. It's propaganda to make you think that a certain group people give a damn.

And no, it's not my opinion. There are literally hundreds of things that have been on Democratic platforms in the past that NEVER saw the light of day after the election, cause they were just campaign promises.

They don't.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

I think my point was lost in translation.

It doesn't matter that they put it on their platform. The democrats don't care about gay marriage, they don't care about right inequality or equality.

They just want to get elected again.

It's pandering to the vocal minority of the day. Just smoke and mirrors.

~Tenth

Amen.... you nailed it perfectly.

Their under lying agenda is VOTES........

But politicians will do & say any thing to gain votes. And if it makes them look better, well that's an added bonus.
Smoke & mirrors.

Of course, I'm not against any one and their rights, regardless of who they are.

I'm just not naive or gullible about the ploys politicians use to get votes. [such as "dead" people & dogs
]

I will reiterate so I don't get slammed, I'm all for equal rights just not dirty political games to gain voters.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Oh wait, the dems failed on those. . . . .

. . . . . . so gay marriage is the best they got?

So you noticed that too, huh?

I guess you can't run on what you don't have......might as well try a different angle I suppose.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Their under lying agenda is VOTES........

Uhhhh Duh!

Seriously - - do you know how stupid that sounds?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't bash on republicans for using religion, because it's expected. They've done it for decades.

It is 2 sides of the same coin - - - that you won't acknowledge - - - because you want to find fault with Dems.

Again - - - it will help open peoples eyes to Equality - - Equal Rights.

Some people need to hear the word Official. Now they have.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Annee..

Let's say I run a breast cancer charity and I support Breast Cancer, but only because I collect a 150 thousand dollar salary from it every year.

Am I still deserving of praise and respect because I "support" breast cancer?

No.

It's no different with political parties and the causes the support on their platforms. If it's not legitimately for the people, but for political gain and partisanship, than it's wrong and should be pointed out to them.

~Tenth
edit on 7/31/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

It's simple:

It's ELECTION year...... time to play the game. Tell people what they want to hear.

Not hard to figure out really. Like you stated, what's their ultimate purpose?.......VOTES.

Politicians are a slimy breed.....repub. & dems alike.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

It's ELECTION year...... time to play the game. Tell people what they want to hear.

Not hard to figure out really. Like you stated, what's their ultimate purpose?.......VOTES.

Politicians are a slimy breed.....repub. & dems alike.

There you go

I still consider the message of Equality - - - a positive one.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Nopes not at all.

You know me Annee and you know for YEARS I've stated that the DNC and GOP are just the sape side of that coin.

If you know this, then why do you support either side?

I'm nto trying to find fault with the democrats, I find fault in the political motivation of democrats in this election cycle with their platform contents.

The GOP is no better, but they don't seem to be pandering to popularity causes so far this year yet. Not that it will surprise me if they do.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join