It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel airport security demands access to tourists Email and FaceBook pages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Israel airport security demands access to tourists

www.haar etz.com

Several U.S. tourists report being asked by airport security personnel for access to their personal email accounts; Israel's Shin Bet security service says it acted within the law.
Israel's Shin Bet security service has been demanding access to personal email accounts of visiting tourists with Arab names, according to the testimony of three U.S. citizens who were interrogated at Ben Gurion Airport and subsequently refused entry into Israel in May.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 31-7-2012 by abdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I've just found this in Haaretz.

I think this is taking security measures a bit too far, Shin Bet may claim it is legal, but it is a violation of privacy.
Not just the Israeli tourist industry will suffer but also their reputation for being hospitable hosts.

And this is another reason to avoid FaceBook.

www.haar etz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 31-7-2012 by abdel because: spelt privacy wrong

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I have never desired for one moment to travel for pleasure to Israel. Now I won't go for pleasure, business or for any other reason whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This is probably more effective than the groping and radiating going on in U.S. airports.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
just give them the details to some fake facebook/email account full of pr0n and other good stuff thats certainly not kosher and carry on and delete the accounts once you leave

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
This is probably more effective than the groping and radiating going on in U.S. airports.

I think this happens before the groping starts. The T.S.A. learnt much from Israeli airport security.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by abdel

I'm sure my 94 & 93 year old Jewish neighbor-couple will be happy to comply and fork over their info once they understand what an 'internet' is.

But they do very much look forward to the TSA feel-'em-up/ pat-'em-down routine at Miami International before arriving in Israel though

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Its also legal in Israel to commit terrorism, that is of course if you are working for the government.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I wish I could say that I'm shocked and surprised to learn about this.
However, that would be a lie. This is just one more thing on a long list.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanCondition
Its also legal in Israel to commit terrorism, that is of course if you are working for the government.

where is that not legal??

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by HumanCondition

where is that not legal??
Well plenty of places do what we call terrorism, but in actual fact they are just defending themselves.
Israel is an aggressor and that is very different.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanCondition

Oh of course - Israel attacked the Arabs in the 1920's and 30's, and one if the main Jewish religious leaders was allied to Hitler (Godwin's Law rules!) ...and in 1948 swore to wipe Arabs off the map....yeah,...sorry - for got all that....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by abdel
And this is another reason to avoid FaceBook.

It's a reason to avoid going to Israel

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
They are probably just trying to do it through the courts because they dont actualy want to pay Mark Zuckerberg any money for your personal information like every other corporation does.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well I guess I will add Israel to the list of countries never to bother visiting along with the USA , it is true what they say, the world is getting smaller every day, less and less places to go.

As for the Israelis well it doesn't surprise me at all, my reply to them would of been a two word sentence that starts and ends in F. And they wonder why the world hates them, its not because they are Jewish it is because they are arseholes, pure and simple

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
You would be surprised how many individuals will like certain Facebook pages belonging to terrorists like Hamas and "activist" groups that spend their days in West Bank throwing objects at idle soldiers.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by 010203

I think if these people were terrorists, they would have been arrested immediately, their only crime was being an Arab.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

It's because of people like you that we're losing our freedom, naive, gullible people that always comply.
And now you'll say: " It's for our security and it's the "brown man's fault ! "

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Not sure what the fuss is about. USA citizens traveling to another country already get monitored by the NSA for their entire stay. And their data may be kept over a year, maybe indefinitely. If the NSA isn't doing it, some other yet unheard of secret agency is. The agencies you only hear about in movies or Philip K Dick novels.

I'm surprised the airports ask for this and don't just hack into tourists accounts in the name of their national securities like groups do in the USA. Why so specific? Maybe looking for connections to rebel groups, or if you have any wealthy relatives who could pay a hefty ransom. Seeing if you have any coworkers named Mohammed. It may be that scrupulous. And why would they do this at the gate, when they can do it already long distance, from old fashioned hotel records and visa applications?

Airport security there is harsh, but what happens when you only have a MySpace? Do you get sent home?

new topics

top topics

join