It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Five ATF officials found responsible for Fast and Furious

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Exclusive: Five ATF officials found responsible for Fast and Furious

www.latimes.com

WASHINGTON -- Republican congressional investigators have concluded that five senior ATF officials -- from the special agent-in-charge of the Phoenix field office to the top man in the bureau’s Washington headquarters -- are collectively responsible for the failed Fast and Furious gun-tracking operation that was “marred by missteps, poor judgments and inherently reckless strategy.”

The investigators, in a final report likely to be released later this week, also unearthed new evidence that agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Phoenix initially sought t
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Jul-31-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Jul-31-2012 by xuenchen because: link finally fixed !

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
This is even more potentially damning news for the Obama Administration and Eric Holder.

This week has already brought exposures about the DOJ.

Holder may soon be forced to admit to knowing more than he says and resign.

Holder was found to be in Contempt of Congress a few weeks ago when he flat out refused to turn over some final documents that Obama soon declared to be “privileged”.

Those documents may contain extremely damning information.

This report mentions something about hiding information from Mexican officials concerning the death of a brother of a Mexican State Attorney General !!

All the facts will come out soon. More detailed reports are due.

Heads will roll.

I think people are thoroughly fed up with all the corruption, ineptitude, and incompetence.

I can hear the guillotine blades cranking up now

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just five???

My BS detector just went off....

This went to the top.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I hope this continues on up the chain of command. Somebody always reports to a higher up. Unless we are to believe our own officials have no knowledge of what people under their command are doing, that would be far worse than just owning up to mistakes.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Page Not Found

The second link works though. The first one is deformed.
edit on 31-7-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The ATF is dancing the Pedophile Priest Shuffle:

The five ATF managers, since moved to other positions, have either defended Fast and Furious in congressional testimony or refused to discuss it. They could not be reached for comment Monday.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
Just five???

My BS detector just went off....

This went to the top.

that was my first thought also, they threw these people under the bus to save holder, although i don't think he can be saved from his own demise at this point. in any event good news for the people here and hopefully more to come.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Page Not Found

The second link works though. The first one is deformed.
edit on 31-7-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

It's fixed finally.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
From ARRA 2009

Do a search for Gunrunner. $10 Million to the ATF for just that operation alone. Eric Holder shouldn't be the only one standing in front of Congress. But then again, maybe passing it to see what's in in it isn't exactly the best way to go about creating laws.

The fact that the funding was approved and signed into law, makes both the entire 111th Congress an accessory and Obama as well.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Ahabstar because: fixed link

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Excellent Find,, S & F, We all Know who their protecting,,,,,,, and if we wins again,,,,,, it'll be more of the same!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Excellent Find,, S & F, We all Know who their protecting,,,,,,, and if we wins again,,,,,, it'll be more of the same!

Ill take the guy bankrupting America for 4 more years over the guy who wants to blow up other countries while bankrupting America.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Because obama isn't blowing up any countries at the moment.......

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Okay you got me there lol

Well lets just say potentially adding another to the list, over absolutely adding another to the list.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

I guess the drone strikes stopped then?

Last I new he is still very actively blowing up countries.

Pakistan is in quite a tizzy over it.

He's been droppin' Nobel Peace Bombs like they're hot.

The office of the Pres is always bombing somebody. Whatever meat bag is warming the seat is inconsequential.
edit on 31-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Passing the buck? I guess excrement rolls down hill? It looks like the underlings are being offered up as a sacrificial lambs, and to protect the big fish? At least that is how it looks to me. These five agents cannot initiate a policy without approval by their superiors. Chances are the orders came down from on high, and they carried them out in accordance with their jobs. I am not trying to negate the responsibility of these five agents if it is found they broke the law. However, I think others have culpability as much as them, and this is just an appeasement play.

I hope the congressional committee investigating this matter does not settle for the low lying fruit, and continues to focus on getting to the bottom of this. All politics aside, this program was a disaster, and those who are responsible need to face the music. How many Mexicans have been killed in the Drug War?

Mexico admits mistake in high-profile drug case

Brutal clashes between drug cartels and Mexican authorities have killed more than 55,000 people since Calderon launched his crackdown on the gangs.

Over 50,000! Those numbers are not just criminals killing each other off, but innocent men, women, and children. Furthermore, some US agents were murdered at the end of these firearms as well. Forget politics, and lets seek out justice. I don't care how high of an office a person holds, because that does not make them above the law. Keep up the pressure!
edit on 31-7-2012 by Jakes51 because: My casuaty count was way off. Estimates claim the number dead is over 50,000! Added a link.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
With a GOP majority there will be more blood on the tracks to come this near eection time, I cant help but think that the GOP or Dems save this crap up for the right timing.
I really wonder of Issa and Co sat on this till they new it would plat big oin the elections run up.....how many dies whoile we waited for this info?
I just dont trust goverment officials of ANY stripe ANYMORE......they announce stuff and im already looking for the holes and the unstated stuff.....its bloody hard to place any ultimate blame for stuff without running into other blame about related stuff......get me?
Its all just a scam.....basically the Goverment Mafia runs a huge very magnified PROTECTION RACKET>
You dont play ball? We take everything....even your freedom.
And as you sit inprison with nothing to do, maybe youd like the priviedge of sewing blue jeans or other menial factory jobs for near nil wages and a few extra chocolate bars?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
How do you make any declaration of guilt without having all the evidence first? Holder didn't provide the documents needed....so the investigation is complete.

I think they just want to move on, honestly. WHen you say "all the way to the top" you should think, "this might expose all sorts of other psyops type events....like shootings in places like theaters and campuses."

The contempt for Holder...that, to me, should be a hurdle to clear before any determination is made. It looks like they are just moving forward, hoping that a declaration of guilt on some scape goats will be enough to quell public concerns. I mean...why be worried about this when there is the Olympic media orgy going on a billion channels?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

It is time for Holder to be held, it is time for Carney to join the circus, it is time for Obama to resign as a Loser.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What are the five responible for ?
What laws were broken ?
Don't have time to look up your links.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by prophetboy12

It is time for Holder to be held, it is time for Carney to join the circus, it is time for Obama to resign as a Loser.

Except of course he won.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join