It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks matter mostly (Weak minds need not enter)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Sure, looks are powerful in terms of initial impressions. However, in the longer term one's personality become's important when the other has to spend significant time with the individual. This is why some people end up going through many partners before settling on something they like.

Sure, looks can tell a portion of an individual's story so to speak. However, that story may be able to be corrected to the point they become immediately desirable. This condition I speak of is called "potential". The power one attains from seeing this potential can be quite significant considering it allows one to get what they want at a lower initial cost. Not being able to see this potential leaves one blind to the true, logical reality that people can end up stuck in certain situations that leave them looking less desirable initially. All they may need is a little nudge in the right direction to shape up and you may end up with an attractive individual at a lower initial cost. Sometimes the situation may be just a little belly fat, others may be stuck in a lower socioeconomic situation.

There is a point in using one's looks to get what one wants. However, the current socioeconomic situation is stagnant and allows looks to have an uneven seat at the bargaining table. At a time of greater socioeconomic advancement one's looks will take a back seat in terms of one's actual capabilities. Although, I'm sure you won't have a problem op seeing as you are the highly logical type
(I took the liberty of reading a good portion of your other posts)

Perhaps if I was born female I would have had as easy a time in life as you have had. However, I was born a male and the weight of society is firmly on the side of my sex so it seems tougher than what you have to deal with. If I was a feminine looking male then things might not be as bad (I had some girls say I looked feminine when I was in elementary school, but that's the past) for me socioeconomically.

You remind me of myself when I was younger when I was highly logical (as I still am) but without the light spark of loving kindness I have now. You also remind me of 7 of 9 from the voyager star trek series. At first she was a little girl. Then, she was borg (highly logical transhumanist collective). Finally, she became human again (with some transhumanist leftovers) and eventually found her spark of loving kindness.

I would suggest watching that star trek series for the journey 7 of 9 went through to become loving once again.

Here are a few clips:

Overall, you seem to be a highly logical, young, human, female. Provide pictures of your "attractive" (very subjective word by the way, beauty in the eye of the beholder as some say) feminine form and perhaps you may prove your point to some (pics or it didn't happen, you know the drill). I'm sure you are lovely, but I'm sure your personality doesn't bode well for you most of the time... unless you hide it (that would be hypocritical of you). However, since you seem so much like me (or how I used to be) I might have considered dating you if you lived in my geographical area (highly doubtful). Have fun being a "forever alone" girl or being with a guy who doesn't understand you to the fullest.

Have a good day/night

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

delusional thoughts from fantasy island
problem I can see right away with you is that attention is required. Looks are good in combination with so much more but have no bearing on anything longterm which is why it is always funny to see someone with this perception get ignored.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Oh Alyssa, I disagree. That might be the way that society in general works, but that is not the way high quality society works. For example, I exclusively base my relationships with girls on their personality, intelligence and common interests. I like strong women who are able to think for themselves. To me, this is completely worth doing, because those traits are what make the relationship worth-while to me.

Don't try to tell me that I really base my relationships on looks, that is ridiculous. That would be counter-productive. In fact, the current girl I am dating is overweight. Of course, I don't treat beautiful people with disdain, either. My sister is a professional model and she also went to college to study physics and fashion design.

In my case, I don't look the greatest, but because I have spent a lot of time honing my intelligence, personality and values I have become very successful, have a lot of friends and have no trouble finding girls of any caliber that are interested in me.

In addition, with the advent of the internet, a lot of socializing is done online and looks never come into play.

So in conclusion, looks don't come into play in my life, and I think it is better that way... if I felt like I wanted to join common society and base everything on looks, I would have to be prepared for a shallow existence that does not even compare to what I would get if I chose to transcend them.

Also, I would like to add that I do appreciate good looks for the ability of the person to be aware of their body and clothing. This is a skill as well, but we should put it into perspective, it certainly isn't the end-all...

I hope you get something out of what I am trying to say, and realize the benefits of transcending looks. Thank you.

Also, I would recommend not thinking that you have to do everything that common society tells you to do. There are a lot of other, more underground cultures that are a lot more fulfilling, maybe you should look into those.

And finally... if you are using your looks to manipulate people, that is sick, and is only going to result in negative repercussions to those around you (whose lives you affect) and yourself (because karma will get you back, honey). So I think it is in your best interest to appreciate your good looks, but not healthy for your relationships, or yourself, to be manipulating people. Just a thought.

Once again, this is written with the best intentions, I sincerely hope you understand what I am trying to say and apply it to your own life before you end up miserable and alone.
edit on 31-7-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Do you have a microphone built in to your high horse?

Dear God,
there are so many holes in this way of thinking it would go great on a ham sandwhich with mustard.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WereWolfWoody

Yeah, I think I pointed out tons of those in my above post.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
this B!tc% be tripping mad ballz what i got out of this thread

"im a slut and i use my slut powers to control weak minded men who think with there second head"

honestly i dont think ATS is right for you........we dont wanna burn our retinas reading your horrible threads about cupcakes and tea and how you use your good looks to control people ---> (pics or didnt happen). Lets hope for your sake you wake up and smell the roses cause you wont get far in life with your attitude

Love and Light.....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by glen200376
"she's sexy and she knows it!"nothing the matter with that.

Women are more than just sex objects.

I agree with this completely. The OP is promoting this agenda of seeing a woman as a sex object, an agenda that actually holds them back from their full potential.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wrong wrong wrong. I am a pretty attractive guy, I am told. I'll post pics for proof if you want. But never had much luck with the ladies. All the really good looking ones are too materialistic, too dumb, too demanding, etc. etc. So I never really clicked with any of them. I think girls care more about status, something I've never had. Nope, always been somewhat of a loner. I've always had 1 or 2 best friends and just simply acquaintances. They seem to prefer guys that are in cliques, like they are. Not my style.

Ehh, naturally looks are pretty low on my list. I've always refused to kiss a girls ass, which is what it seems like the hot girls want me to do. I've tried to go after them, never worked. Maybe I'm just not a good chaser? I don't know. But my girlfriend now its pretty cute, definitely not a supermodel. But we click, and she is the love of my life. I'm completely satisfied with her

Alyssa, you are dead wrong.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by theroguelion

I also want to mention that even going back to grade school I noticed how teachers and students alike treated the highly attractive females better than everyone else. I never fully understood it. Most the times these were the people that were manipulative and mean. They certainly didn't 'deserve' to be treated better, but they definitely were.

I mean, its not okay to treat ugly people like #, so why is it okay to treat attractive people like gods? They were born that way. They did absolutely nothing to garner that attention. That is something that has always bothered me. I treat all people the same.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by theroguelion
reply to post by theroguelion

I also want to mention that even going back to grade school I noticed how teachers and students alike treated the highly attractive females better than everyone else. I never fully understood it. Most the times these were the people that were manipulative and mean. They certainly didn't 'deserve' to be treated better, but they definitely were.

I mean, its not okay to treat ugly people like #, so why is it okay to treat attractive people like gods? They were born that way. They did absolutely nothing to garner that attention. That is something that has always bothered me. I treat all people the same.

Same here even though I really wasn't all that effected by it at all. I'm an introvert anyways so I really didn't care about the social scene all that much as I really didn't participate in it that much.

So is the world of the pretty extroverts. So long as this society is extrovert focused this sort of thing will remain the norm for a while. Funny thing though, behind the scenes it's the introverts who really make things work not the extroverts. Extroverts can be fairly intelligent, but in the long run they typically aren't as creative as the introverts. Attractive extroverts are truly just a facade to the world of the introverts.

Some people just think prettier is better and that's just how it goes these days. Too bad our society pays so much attention to looks rather than anything else.

Can't decide if the op is introvert or extrovert yet. Signature denotes interest in the Final Fantasy game series... I'm going to go with introvert for now, though I could be wrong.
edit on 1-8-2012 by Elzon1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by glen200376
"she's sexy and she knows it!"nothing the matter with that.

Women are more than just sex objects.

I agree with this completely. The OP is promoting this agenda of seeing a woman as a sex object, an agenda that actually holds them back from their full potential.

It may seem that way in this thread, but in others the op has created or posted in it seems that the op thinks of humans as pieces of meat more than seeing woman as sex objects. She seems to think humans are still quite basic and animalistic. Too bad she is talking to a group of people who mostly aren't in that category of human.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Elzon1

While I agree with most of what you said I must say one thing. It seems unjust to treat people better simply because their inborn looks. Like I said, it wasn't just the students that done it. It was pretty much institutional.

That is what bothered me about it.
edit on 1-8-2012 by theroguelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Elzon1

Yeah, maybe the OP lost her faith in humanity or something.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I don't need to be beautiful. I just need everyone around me to drink their damn beer.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

God called. You're fast-tracked for hell.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
I don't need to be beautiful. I just need everyone around me to drink their damn beer.

Everyone looks better with beer.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria

Here's a funny one for you...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I remember watching a program about genetics and the guy presenting done this whole bit on how ugly people are more numerous than beautiful people which means that ugly people are the normal people and the beautiful people are the weird freaks.

Think about it.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

That's the bar I go to.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Wow...just......wow......way to lower the bar yet again. Hell....I think you buried it. So by your definition, you're probably just some stuck up primpleton who cares way too much about themselves and not nearly enough about the people around them (I sense a total absense there, actually). I think you need to open your eyes and realize that all we really have, as a species, is eachother. Then again, it wouldn't ex1actly be a tragedy if you never reproduced. Try to migrate over to the real world. You might even like it..............but I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join