It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks matter mostly (Weak minds need not enter)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
LOL sounds like a WWE promo for the beautiful people. I think people try to find people that are on the same lvl of intelligence as there selves so the relationship doesn't sour personally. I could not be with a stupid girl the arguments would be too one sided.
edit on 31-7-2012 by pez1975 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Men and women much like nature manipulate each other bring pleasure to each other all while not realizing it's a means to get humans to reproduce. Once you see our true cold reality for what it really is my topic doesn't seem so silly.
Your perspective on life is so simplistic and so sad really. It's a very basic and primitive outlook held by those who can't appreciate more subtle pleasures, such as the pleasures of scientific discovery, the pleasures of creating new things out of nothing, discovering and experimenting and pushing the boundaries of human intellect to see what we can achieve. Knowledge is my drug, my sacred pleasure. Yeah sex is good too... but your problem is that you boil down reality into these very primitive and bare bone components which take into account only core goals for any life, such as the goal of reproduction. You have very strong programming in your genetics which drives you to revolve your life around very simple goals, and the main one appears to be reproduction. I myself have almost no desire to reproduce, quite frankly I find children very annoying and I don't want to spend the majority of my life caring for kids.

The world is already beginning the become too populated as it is. You don't have the foresight and rationality to account for such analytical factors, rather your desires are almost like primal instincts lacking any sign of sentient consciousness, you don't care about the state of the world or anything else, all you know is that reproduction matters a lot and your good looks will help you fulfill those desires when the time is right. Your the same when it comes to pleasure. You only see the very basic things, like sex and money: both of which you know hinge on the level of your physical attractiveness, thus you attribute a great deal of importance to your appearance and you fail to take into account any other factors. All other possible deeper or more meaningful pleasures of life are simply overlooked, you don't have the foresight to see why such things would ever matter because you are stuck in your own little world in which you are the only thing that matters.
edit on 31/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by Alyssa
Why can't mankind face this fact? It's pure nature, the better more attractive you look the more people like you.

Kristen Stewart knows just how popular good looks make you: www.thesun.co.uk...

Well I thought we were talking about attractive people.......Kristen Stewart? Really

Absolutely! Sexy as hell, and very attractive. I guess beauty is subjective, which is another score against the OP's trolling claims.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

Originally posted by Alyssa
Why can't mankind face this fact? It's pure nature, the better more attractive you look the more people like you.

Kristen Stewart knows just how popular good looks make you: www.thesun.co.uk...

Well I thought we were talking about attractive people.......Kristen Stewart? Really

Absolutely! Sexy as hell, and very attractive. I guess beauty is subjective, which is another score against the OP's trolling claims.
Yes I have to agree I always thought she was pretty sexy. And you make a good point about the subjective nature of beauty. I know a few really good looking guys who prefer fat women, it's just a weird thing some guys have. In fact many guys have all sorts of weird things like that. The OP may be extremely attractive to the majority of people but there are always some people who will think she is ugly. Societies standard of beauty is by no means the actual standard of beauty for all people. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.
edit on 31/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

do you or anyone think there is a universal "earthy" standard for beautiful? Example do you think that no matter what individuals personal preference is there a type of woman or man that all of woman or men find universally "earth" beautiful..for example the recent maxim top 100 2012 "The Definitive List of the worlds most beautiful women" www.maxim.com... Is this a fair depiction of the top 100 beauties on earth for females out of the billions? I think its close but def not accurate more like a pop contest. So I ask a question who do you think is the universal "earthly" choice for an attractive Woman and or man. And to the Op it sounds like you are depressed and you don't enjoy the bigger things in life like chaotic order stated.. But if you feel the only purpose for yourself and humans is to reproduce then as a citizen of planet earth and as a male I will help you on this quest and life long duty and we shall...
LOL
edit on 31-7-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: link added

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Looks matter most? How about physical strength and the capacity to act with ruthless violence?

You won't be looking very good after you've gone three rounds with my friend Leo here.

You're a woman? Oh, that won't matter to Leo. He's an equal-opportunity brutalizer.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Wasn't OP some sort of self confessed disfigured munter beta a couple of months ago?. That was quick turn around.

Anyways I likes me men with some meat on their bones.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thank you for reminding me why I broke up with my last girlfriend. Star and flag. And eternal hatred

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Alyssa, will you still be beautiful when your youth fades? What happens to you if you get into an accident that disfigures you? Do you become worthless? And what of a man who chooses you for your beauty alone? What does that say of his character? Do you honestly think he loves you for who you really are? You would turn off a lot of men with your vanity and being self absorbed and feelings of superiority.

In my opinion, you are a sad excuse for a human being. One who lacks truth, compassion and wisdom. I feel sorry for you and anyone like you. Put that into your beautiful head.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just when you thought you knew everything, something like this pops up.

THE MASTER RACE CALIFORNIA STYLE
reply to post by Alyssa

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

helllo,

i kind of get the feeling you're only having a laugh with your post, at least i hope so,

you are right in a way that we judge people by how they look initially, but that is only because we see with our eyes first, i've met many a good looking person, all with varying personalities. When i speak to them i then begin to get a feel for the kind of person they are and this is when my judgement expands again and i now see them as a person, if their personality is unsavoury and always continues to be that way then that is how i will see them and vice versa, although i'll still treat them exactly the same as anyone else,

and if i meet an ''average'' looking person (although i'm not quite sure what an average looking person is) then the above applies also, someone can be 'ugly' by your standards (ugly is never a word i would use for a human, were all equal) but have the most caring personalty ever and this caring personality is the only way i would then ever see them, i certainly wouldn't just think, nah, their ugly, i mean what the heck?

who decides what is attractive and what isn't anyway?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Our perception of 'beauty' or attractiveness is part instinctual, part societal construction. Various different cultures have vastly different view points of what is seen as attractive, and this will change through the ages.

Also, every individual is different and is 'turned on' by different looks, things.

Facts.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
You sure your beautiful because you sound real ugly to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Male here. I've been complimented on my looks many times in my life, and it means nothing to me. I just don't care. The only thing I care about appearance-wise is weight... Not what your face or hair look like, not the kind of clothing you're wearing, not the quality of your teeth... I have no interest in the kinds of females that are very prideful of their appearance and go to certain lengths to make sure they look a certain way. They actually tend to disgust me. If I was a manager or a boss and some woman came in for a job dressed promiscuously and started flirting with me, I'd rip up her application right in front of her and tell her to get out.

By the way, I know a guy who is "morbidly obese". He's popular, has a girlfriend, and always has people around him. It's because he has a good personality and is fun to be around, not because he's some supermodel. Your entire post was pathetic and you need to grow up.

Looks are important for those without intellect.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Is this some sort of reverse-psychology ploy designed to make us consider the idea and ultimately arrive at the same belief that you hold?

In any case, just because many people CHOOSE to be all about materialism, does not mean we all do. You can count on that.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
"she's sexy and she knows it!"nothing the matter with that.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The OP is more right than most of you like to acknowledge. Look at all the species animal kingdom. Isn't it true that for most species they are attracted to the most attractive of their species, correct me if I'm wrong? Note I say most species.

Humans are still animals after all.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by glen200376
"she's sexy and she knows it!"nothing the matter with that.

How sexy will she be when she ages? Women are more than just sex objects. Her personality makes her unattractive. She will be in for a rude awakening when she is older and less desirable. She will be in for a rude awakening if she becomes disfigured from an accident. She will be in for a rude awakening when she realizes she has no true love or worthwhile friendships because of her attitude and beliefs. Yes glen, there is something the matter with that, with her.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I'm in a fun mood - I'll play:

Physical upkeep can be quite a burden. To start: remaining 'thin' one must be ever on the watch of what they eat, how much they eat, when they eat...even then sometimes a little help from the "magic finger" to aid in digestion. None of which is easy. Next is the hair , which ever grows and must always be maintained...skin care, skin tone. And pleasant fragrances - all this requires effort and Resources. It is involved. Care must be taken. I will agree with the OP in that physical appearance / upkeep can play symphonies about the individual...

Next time you see an attractive person - take the tyme to thank them and appreciate the effort involved to produce the spectical before you.

To the OP: If you are attractive + and I as well = we could reproduce to start a line of attractive^2 offspring. Tho they would most likely be eaten alive by the ever hungry herd. But still, the process could be fun

(...the OP did state NOT for the Weak minded....)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatGuy45

I find it interesting that the title includes "Weak minds need not enter" when only the weak minds would agree with this thread.

It's a little ironic.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join