It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Dispatch from Damascus" - The Truth Shall Set You Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Quarterly Review - Derek Turner, Guest Article by Manuel Ochsenreiter

I took the land route from Beirut to Damascus, although a lot of people had told me the route wasn’t safe, because Free Syrian Army (FSA) rebels had declared that they controlled around 85% of Syria. But when I crossed the Lebanese-Syrian border, I witnessed the normal border traffic – no masses of refugees, no panic, no fights. The route to Damascus had several Syrian Army checkpoints, but was calm and safe.

[...]

I returned to Damascus via the city of al Tel, which the FSA had occupied briefly until the Syrian army re-took the city. One could still see the traces of the rebel forces and their supporters – notably graffiti on walls celebrating not freedom or democracy, but rather extremist Muslim preachers. There were also threats daubed on shops – “Go on strike or burn!” – painted by rebels seeking to force the shop owners to go on strike to place pressure on the government.

[...]

On 15 July, the rebels launched what they called “Damascus Volcano”, their military assault on the capital, claiming it would be a decisive operation. But all I noticed from al-Bahsa were helicopters flying high above some suburbs, and occasional explosions, about five kilometres from where I was staying.

[...]

“I told my comrades to kill me before I fell into the hands of the enemy.”

I asked him why, and this was his disturbing answer –

“They [the rebels] torture us to death – they cut off our hands and cut our throats if they capture us alive.”

[...]

He assured me also that the rebels are not Syrians, but come from many countries, especially Libya, the Gulf States, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan – jihadis and mercenaries who kill for petrodollars.

[...]

The director of the hospital showed me where a mortar grenade fired by the rebels had come down a day earlier, but mercifully didn’t explode. There were also bullet holes in the walls. The rebels had attacked the hospital several times, but the UN, Amnesty International or Human Rights Watch seemed uninterested in these violations of the conventions of war.

[...]

On Friday 20th July, while pro-rebel TV stations like Al Jazeera and Al Arabia broadcast stories about unremitting civil war in the capital, I listened to the birds singing in the city’s beautiful parks and watched the Damascenes enjoying their free day.

[...]

I met Foreign Ministry spokesman Dr. Jihad Makdissi on a day when he was dealing with what Al-Jazeera was calling the “Massacre of Trimseh”. Al Jazeera had claimed that the regime had slaughtered more than 200 civilians in the village, but later on it emerged that there had been a fight between the army and the FSA. Dr. Makdissi, who studied in Britain and speaks fluent English, repeated patiently over and over again in press conferences the facts – the security forces had killed 37 rebel fighters and two civilians in an attack on the village, which the rebels had been using as a base to launch attacks on other areas.

[...]

A final surprise came at the Lebanese side of the border. There I saw the first time the black-white-green rebel flag waving in the wind. Immediately beyond the Lebanese border station were a dozen Western TV teams, waiting for the ‘refugees’. Some of them were paying interviewees in dollars for short interviews; and the wilder the story, the better they seemed to like it. It seems that reality doesn’t mean all that much when the Western media talk about Syria.

Contrary to Western and Arab propaganda there is no Civil War occurring in the nation of Syria. President Bashar al-Assad's power is not being threatened. Mass chaos, refugees, and military slaughtering of civilians is not happening in Syria. Basically everything you have been hearing about Syria is a fabrication and/or an out-right lie! These "rebels" are nothing short of hired mercenaries from foreign lands shipped into Syria, armed, and told to fight against the government. Some "rebels" have resorted to intimidating the local citizenry by threats to their businesses. The only freedom they demand is that of obedience to foreign powers.

I have stated before that I have a family friend who is a native of Syria. She went there just last year when there was supposed "mass violence" and she had said that the violence is not that great and the people generally support al-Assad to get the nation through this turbulent time. So this is just two people, neither having any beneficial reason to lie, saying basically the same thing which completely contradicts what the Western/Arab media is reporting.

[There are pictures and more of the story in the link]

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Most support Assad over those al qaeda thugs who the western media supports so ardently. that was proven by the Doha debates polls.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If this is true, I find it hard to believe anything the western media has said about him in the past also. You know, the torture and murder of his civilians way back in the past etc. The rebels are nothing more than terrorists and the more information that comes out about them and their agenda will benefit everyone. No wonder Russia and China will not have a bar of western intervention. Good on them.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Nice thread Misoir

We have to get the truth out
Al Jazeera,CNN,FOX are spreading disinfo to sell a war to the public
thats the way of the devil .. legalising war crimes

Syria: The Real Situation

a old thread from february i made .. since 9/11 i know their illuminati game

The Snake Behind the Arab Spring

they almost had me on Gaddafi .. i though he was a bad guy

because i didnt really know the guy until they started to show is face on TV
saying al quaida al quaida ... he was right all this time and now they murdered him in coldblood
those lies can really brainwash you badly if your not clever enought to know whats going on

edit on 7/31/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I'm the same Ben. When Libya exploded, I was one of the ones waiting for his capture. Only when I started doing some background into him and his Libya did I realise that it wasn't him that was the problem. It was what he was trying to achieve that was.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Yea, they made the sheeple think it was Gaddafi. He was a good guy. Now Libya is done and how are they fairing since the war?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The irony is they are doing it to you too...just doesnt look the same but it works the same...they are the scourge of mankind....
This is getting to be universal knowledge too....many every day are opening their eyes to the scams....
We will put an end to this its inevitable....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
A present for Al Jazeera and Al Arabia and those who wrap around them , a challenge to broadcast what the FSA is really doing in Aleppo 31/07/2012,
Kidnapping and torturing of citizens before their execution : Field execution , torture and corpse distortion (youtube)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
The US, UK, Israel and the puppet arab states of the USA such as Saudi Arabia support the terrorists because they want the same mass chaos, death and destruction that NATO has caused in Iraq, Afghanistan, somalia, libya etc so that they can secure whom they want in power for their own benefit. In the cause of Syria they want a Islamist government so that when that government comes into power, they will start to threaten Israel and israel can use it as an excuse to perform a preemptive strike. It is all part of the plan to make more land grabs as they have essentially raped all of the Palestinian land and the resources of that region. Have you ever seen how the sea of Galilee/Lake Tiberius used to look before the Zionists took over? They are literally killing the region

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It's sad how little people actually know about the world around them, and how Syria for centuries has weathered world politics and avoided internal strife. The mantra that Assad is a dictator is ludicrous, nobody could lead Syria without a popular mandate, it's just that simple. Syrian society includes all faiths and cultures living together quite happily, like Iraq used to be, before the chaos.

Kurdish Spring on Voltairenet by Pepe Escobar is an excellent summary. Assad has given the Kurds semi autonomy in their land, which borders Turkey. Turkey has been actively supporting the Syrian invaders with weapons and training, something Iran has just warned them to stop. I read that Turkey has just supplied the invaders with 24 surface to air missiles, bad move, a really stupid thing to do. Because now the Kurds in Turkey has just been given a whole new hope for a Kurdish state, truly a worst case scenario for Erdogan.

But none of this is good news, Syria and Turkey both have a lot of death coming their way

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The US, UK, Israel and the puppet arab states of the USA such as Saudi Arabia support the terrorists because they want the same mass chaos, death and destruction that NATO has caused in Iraq, Afghanistan, somalia, libya etc so that they can secure whom they want in power for their own benefit. In the cause of Syria they want a Islamist government so that when that government comes into power, they will start to threaten Israel and israel can use it as an excuse to perform a preemptive strike. It is all part of the plan to make more land grabs as they have essentially raped all of the Palestinian land and the resources of that region. Have you ever seen how the sea of Galilee/Lake Tiberius used to look before the Zionists took over? They are literally killing the region

Please do tell us. Enlighten us !
How has the sea of the Galilee changed ?

You just can't post anything without bringing Zionist this Zionists that to every thread, while adding some flavor in the form of blatant lies.
This is getting boring. (I'm past the sickening phase)

Oh and BTW, ask any Israeli politician or military, and they will tell they would much rather have Assad in power, than MB, Al Qaeda etc'. The Syrian – Israeli border knew no conflicts since the Yom Kipur war in 1973. It's about deterrence and accountability.

If you think you're some kind of a genius political military analyst, don't quit your day job.
edit on 1-8-2012 by gravitational because: typo

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Once again the UN shows it's true colors. Why can't the US citizens once and for all just throw this calamity of the UN overboard?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yes, a writer for a national-conservative German news magazine traveling through the western fringe of the country on July 12. A lot has changed. He claims to see no refugees, well the refugees are all swarming to Jordan and Turkey at the moment because they are accepting them. He claims to see no changes at the borders, which as of July 12 likely wouldn't have, but more recently IDF outposts have been "chatting" with the Free Syrian Army at checkpoints near the Golan.

Ultimately this comes down to a largely Sunni population rising up against a puppet dictator controlled by his father's old advisers and the big ole hand of Iran.

And before any of you say "Oh, the US only cares about overthrowing Assad for the oil" just remember that China's oil supply is gone as soon as Assad is toppled. Gee, is that perhaps why they are using their veto?

Remember Russia? They have a Med naval base in Syria, once the regime goes, so does the base, and their Black Sea fleet is done.

Funny how everyone on this site claims to deny ignorance yet continues to perpetrate it over, and over, and over.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by gravitational

Once again the UN shows it's true colors. Why can't the US citizens once and for all just throw this calamity of the UN overboard?

If' and but's. US citizens will never wake up, jut like how we have 24 hours a day and a sunrise. Something will never change.

top topics

join