It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give me the hammer, I want justice.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I transcribed this dialogue from a great video and thought some of you would find the view interesting.

My right hand has written many poems that I compose and my left hand has not written any poems. None the less, my right hand doesn't think, left hand you are useless. My right hand doesn't have any superiority complex and because of this is very happy.My left hand doesn't have any inferiority complex. That being so, in my hands exist a type of wisdom otherwise known as non discriminatory wisdom. I remember one day I was hammering a nail and my right hand was not very steady and instead of hitting the nail I hit a finger. My right hand let go of the hammer to help the left hand. It did this very tenderly, as if it was looking after itself. However it did not say “ You know what left hand, me the right hand has looked after you and you must not forget that”. Not only that you have to return me the favour in the future. My hands don't think like that and my left hand does not think “ right hand you have hurt me, give me the hammer I want justice”. Because both hands are aware that they are united and the same.

Spoken by Thich Nhat Hahn our third hand.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Very beautiful, thank you.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I really hope that this will become the new universal mindset that 2012 brings in.
It's time for man to embrace the ancient wisdom that has long been forgotten.
Thank you for this post.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Oh wow, that's amazing!
What a great way to start the day, reading such a simple truth.
Thanks very much for sharing

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing, that is beautiful.
A gentle reminder to get back on track & remind us of where we're trying to go

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yeah i flagged it because i agree completely but...
Things are complicated in the everyday life, without the justice of men, society would be chaos.
Judge actions, do not judge people, this is a good principle.
Life is complex, its not simple as a quote.
Wisdom is knowing what is the right thing to do when the time to act is upon us.
Abstract intelligence is easier than practical intelligence.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Manula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Yes you are right about all of that I have to agree with you. But the main thing is, that the man who spoke those words has gone through those injustices in the flesh, along with many others with him. His resolution, its the besy to intereact with wisdom and compassion. I am also sure that his wisdom would tell you, that the rules are there as a guideline. Once you have attained a better base of wisdom and compassion, those rules that are in alignment with that will remain but wont be needed by you. As an example, wear a helmet when riding a motorbike. Those who have seen how it ends when you have had an accident, are wise to the fact that to not do so is a mistake and no law is needed to concvince them otherwise. Mainly his message is of a higher nature.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Yeah but... as a collective we have to act upon wrong doing, its not that we judge people but we must manage actions. This is necessary to maintain order, otherwise it would become chaos.
The wrong doer is loved, but he must respond for his actions, actions have consequences.
So, again, actions must be judged, people must be loved.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Star and flag for you...

I just hope ATS will understand your story. There are many ways to interpret these things, and not all of them are accurate or even productive. Hopefully, ATSers will know how to read it, and what to do with this lesson.

Thank you for this story.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Sounds sort of trite and fatuous.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42

He would not be so gentle if he were a right handed compulsive masterbater who had just broken that right hand.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by Tetrarch42

He would not be so gentle if he were a right handed compulsive masterbater who had just broken that right hand.

Ummm, what? Do I consider that a personal attack? What's a "masterbater"?

Do you mean "bate" as in to clap? Well, I guess I am pretty good at clapping.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
is there any wisdom for my third leg.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
is there any wisdom for my third leg.
Its not about for it, the wisdom must pour from it. This is entirely possible, but depends on your general stance in life. To much to the right or to much to the left and your offside.

top topics

join