It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook is a criminal site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Besides illegal data mining and profiling:

Co-founder Tom Mango told the Los Angeles Times that the bot clicks alone weren't the only reason Limited Run is leaving Facebook. He said it's also because Facebook is unwilling to change Limited Run's Pages name without the start-up committing to buy $2,000 for advertising space on Facebook each month.

"They said they would allow us to change our name," the company wrote in the note. "NICE! But only if we agreed to spend $2000 or more in advertising a month. That's correct. Facebook was holding our name hostage.

Source

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stiglitz

I don't see how anyone could possibly fail to understand the pernicious intent of this success story.
I think zuckerburg is the face that will bring the digital age to an end, a screeching halt at the foot of a technofascist wall.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

Zuckerberg is a puppet.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
facebook is so ridiculous. with holding names and asking for $. most users are just people with too much time on there hands taking kissy lip pictures on their bathroom sink, and spilling beans all over the net. there are some users that utilize this kind of site as a tool for whatever kind of biz they might be involved in. and the intrusiveness of this site just seems to get worse, and its funny..cuz most people dont care and have already been swallowed by this machine and other trends. facebook has ruined lives and made people dumber than ever. thats my opnion,

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Thank you. I had been considering a move toward Facebook on a commercial project I'm developing right now but greed pisses me off more than any other single factor in business practices. That is greed to an extreme I sure won't have a thing to do with.

Facebook really could have been something decent for more than the time it took a fad to come and go...but the exodus I've been reading about for well over a year now seems to suggest they've peaked and are dropping. Same thing so many times.. Outright greedy and grabbing for a few dollars when buckets of quarters are right there to be had. So short sighted and self defeating.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
There is nothing that they do that you do not agree to when you sign up. It's not YOUR servers you're using. You agree to the terms and conditions and to be screwed over without any tenderness or loving care, and you do so willingly and happily. Then someone tells you what you agreed to and you all chuck wobblies.

Don't bloody use it!!! There, problem solved.

Anyone would think you'd have to be a rocket surgeon to grasp this complex scientific formula.

User + facebook = agreeance to their rules.
User - facebook = Lolwotroflcopterpmsloneone.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
There is nothing that they do that you do not agree to when you sign up. It's not YOUR servers you're using. You agree to the terms and conditions and to be screwed over without any tenderness or loving care, and you do so willingly and happily. Then someone tells you what you agreed to and you all chuck wobblies.

Anyone would think you'd have to be a rocket surgeon to grasp this complex scientific formula.

Yeah, they are a private business with their own servers and rules for those servers, that's fine. That doesn't mean we can't criticize them for being a greedy company that doesn't care for its users. It's disgusting and ought to be condemned. What a piss-poor excuse for a business.

Time to move to Google+ or, better yet, not deal with these silly social networking sites at all. I find them to be filled with shallow and dramatic people anyway.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Sometimes all the talk about Facebook and similar sites just reminds me of this commercial on TV here right now. It's so true..it's just sad.

Then again, if you swap "friends" for "Flags" err... nvm...

Tell me we don't all know at least one person this shallow and hooked on the social network sites? I know a couple myself and that sure isn't a positive thing to brag on. eeek...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

I agree. I saw a woman the other day that was waaaayyy to big to be wearing spandex. It was two days ago and my eyes still hurt. I may need a hypnotherapist to bury that one...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

These social media sites are something else. you can't solely blame Facebook or this or that but Facebook helped facilitate my brothers wife of ten years to cheat on. Might have happened anyway as clearly facebook didnt force her, heh, but i personally believe it sure did rush the process. I havent had a facebook in like yrs,

It's the only way to avoid any complications, not to mention the thought of "cia librarians" pouring through my facebook rubs me wrong for some reason. Almost like at one point i had rights and such and and...... oh wait

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I don't use it. Actually, nobody should. Here is why:

Facebook Management

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are welcome. Sharing information is what it's all about.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Facebook is like the Walmart of the internet. Fine if you just need to run in and out, grab something quick, but hope nobody notices you and wants to give you a synopsis of their autobiography.

People playing out relationships publicly on their wall = a couple necking in line at the checkout
Zynga games = claw toy machine in store entrance
Bullying = Random disturbed customer/customer service
Camera pointed downward for boob shot/minimize double chin = Portrait Studio
Facebook credits = shopping/ snack bar
Biz Page = Employment kiosk

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

The problem is that they abuse the fact that most people are not computer savvy. They also write extremely lengthy and boring terms of use, which nobody wants to read. People just want to use the software.

Doing that, they unfortunately expose themselves. The users are clearly the real victims in this case. Of course, a bunch of legal terms is the line of defense that will be used by any court of law. That doesn't make it moral though.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ForeverDusk

If no one used facebook, they would disappear. You are their monetary base. Or whoever uses them are. You are the product.

Who cares about facebook.. EMail - free. IRC - free. Webhosting for piccies of your kiddies in the sandpit - free.

Facebook = Derp I'm too lazy to learn an internet, I will give all my stuff to this website.

Hell, IRC used to be where friends caught up, sent pics to each other, played music in channel, made new friends, sat up till 6am babbling on and on about anything.

It's still around too, I might add. But facebook is the ipod generations version of lurking at the mall on a saturday morning. Lazy people made facebook what it is. And google is no better.

may as well be using MSN messenger and wondering why Microsoft are involved.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Silo4

I don't blame facebook for anything. I blame people who use facebook. And google+ or any of the social networking websites that are user content based.

They are what they are. People still use them and feed the demons they then turn around and accuse.

It's all a bit silly really. Especially when you don't even need this places to do what they offer.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stiglitz

Facebook Management

Well thats nice. And complete rubbish is you ask me. But whatever floats your boat.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stiglitz

Facebook Management

Well thats nice. And complete rubbish is you ask me. But whatever floats your boat.

What's even more rubbish, is the trust that people give to CAs. A total false sense of security.

Throughout history, the human race always managed to get the worst out of inventions and discoveries:

Nuclear energy: build weapons to destroy the world a hundred times over
Social networks: data mining, social profiling, racism, bashing and spying
The Internet: the only remaining source of free speech that is in serious danger. Illegal interception of network traffic

etc. etc.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Stiglitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Facebook is getting what it deserves. Its stock is crashing. In 5 years, it will be nothing but a bad memory.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I would like to know why you think its rubbish. Could you provide more argumentation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join