It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voices from the dead, you have to listen to this!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AL77ZZZ
xxkrisxx-
Are these ghost voices and things you here when you do this or is it just the sounds of everything around you?

when you quiet your mind ...you will find things just turn up ..they are from within ..you can tell when something is from the outside or inside...I can tell from your posts you have an interest in these things...I believe, most "paranormal happenings" are from within. Just try to refrain from thought and you will see. The world exists WITHIN you. It is all perception. the stimulus is a burden. Unleash the burden.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 05:22 AM
link   
On Halloween night Coast to Coast AM had that as a topic.

Here was a link...

www.worlditc.org...

I had brought this up to one of my professors, and we're going to try it out. We have access to plenty studios at school (its for sudio engineering, sound, etc)

if anything cool happens, I'll burn it to CD and post the files online.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
xxKrisxx,
tried the sitting and listening thing. It was pretty wired. You really have to try hard not to let anything else in and free your mind or it doesn't work.
I tried a couple of times before I got the hang of it.

thanks for the tip

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
EVP is fairly old actually. About 12 years ago a friend and I use to go stay at abandoned houses that had earned the title "haunted" and record through the night with a fair amount voices on tape. Yes, I would say it's real. I have a lot of activity in my home.....I don't think it's actually haunted though, as I have always had something with me from childhood that has watched out for me, Though the home I grew up in was, and we had some people come into the house to verify, just not really done way back then LOL...... we are getting ready to do some recordings within the next couple of weeks here.....very interesting isn't it?

LadyV

I would like to do this in my house. Could you u2u me and talk me through the best way to do this? I think this is something I should try here - considering all the weirdness.

posted on Nov, 25 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Bigdanprice

Whats the snake sp in your av please? Nice looker!

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the theatrical preview of the new movie coming out about EVP? I've been searching all over imdb.com for a link. Does anyone have the slightest clue what I'm talking about?

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
yes, i have heard about the movie. I think It was with kevin costner or richard gere. I think the premis of the movie is that the main character starts talking with the other side and then can not make it stop. will have to see if it is any good

posted on Nov, 26 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The movie is about a man that loses his wife then tries to talk to her using EVP but a evil ghost gets in instead. I no a lot of places that are haunted in IL.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The movie is called White Noise (Michael Keaton, Deborah Kara Unger, Ian McNeice) out Jan. 7th

White Noise

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I saw the movie recently and that was some pretty freaky stuff. If that is real I would not like to be the one who plays around with it.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Last week i stayed with my Gran-mother in her 127yr old house that belonged to her parents who both died there years ago 1940s... I took along my Sony Voice activated recorder and my Oiuja board left them both in the kitchen, recorder switched on, went to bed next morning check em both out recorder had a humming sound on it with clicking noises that was a bit strange till i worked out it was the fridge cutting in and out during ths night. The real strange part was the Oiuja board looked as though it had been thrown 10 feet across room and broken in half. Pretty scary stuff when you realize i put it on a chair under table with out my Gran- mother knowing, I was last to bed and first up in the morning....

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
anyone who messes with things from the other side , I wish you luck
my experience was not very nice at all, and also endangered people i love that didn't ask and I was stupid for putting others at risk
, please take great care and tread very lightly when messing or exploring, like bad people in life they carry over just like the good.

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
You know, it's funny. I've been neck deep in the paranormal since I was only 13 or 14 years old (moreso in the past 12 years, though - I'm 30 now), and even though not much wierds me out anymore, EVP has never failed to do it. I suppose it's because I'm more used to either talking to spirits when in a different plane of existence (and there, they're just as real as you or I), or hearing spirits when I open my mind to them.... a form of empathy. I think it's just the idea of recorded impressions of ghostly voices that really just get me. Rather than dealing with them in the "here and now," it's impressions that last as long as the recording (and with today's recording techniques, that's as close to indefinite as we can imagine).

EVP is a very real phenomenon, and just the latest way that spirits have found to communicate with the living world. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

My typical "ghost hunting" outfit is just myself, opening myself to the energies of an area. Occasionally others will bring laser thermometers or infrared cameras, but for me, it's about communication, not proving to others, and my emathic and other such skills enable me to communicate with spirits just fine without the use of technology. Technology just "pollutes" the process for me.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindsmog
anyone who messes with things from the other side , I wish you luck
my experience was not very nice at all, and also endangered people i love that didn't ask and I was stupid for putting others at risk
, please take great care and tread very lightly when messing or exploring, like bad people in life they carry over just like the good.

Mindsmog what happened that makes u say this please let me know

thanks
al77zzz

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Does anyone remember an old X-Files episode when Mulder and Skully had a old bowl, so one of the scientist Agents in the lab went over it with a kinda hard to describe amplifier. From what I gathered sounds do not actully disapear, they just float around trapped in the enviroment. This instrument they used amplified the sounds and they were able to hear voices trapped in the bowl.
I'm not certain if it is a real device, cool anyway though.

Also does the name Azarth mean anything to anyone?

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Die Trying]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
someone here on ats posted up an EVP program that you can use on your pc. all you need is a mic hooked up to your sound card. I've installed the program but have yet to try it out.

www.stefanbion.de...

posted on Feb, 15 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
check these out

dawghouse.topcities.com...

theres loads good ones on here, scroll down to 'examples of evp recordings'

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheese
check these out

dawghouse.topcities.com...

theres loads good ones on here, scroll down to 'examples of evp recordings'

good sight this is freaky man. thanks

al77zzz

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Tape recorders I believe work the best, not sure about digital, but when I was a child, home alone, I would take my tape recorder and set it up in my basement and then I'd leave it for the length of the tape (one side) I'd also like to point out that these were new tapes I used as well.
When I returned to the tape and listened to it.. at first it was just annoying static... then faintly you could start to hear mur-murs and "flip, flip, flip"
this is where things got interesting..
I couldn't make out ANY words at this point and was really racking my brain as to what the "flip, flip, flip" that randomly joined the mur-murs was...
at this point I was intently starring at the tape recorder, I would go in closer and put my ear near the speaker in hopes I could hear it better, then I gave up on that and just sat looking at it, and being quiet and relaxed... after I stopped trying to figure things out I could smell this strong odor, it was faint, but seemed to be increasing or my recognition must have become more focused... and then it hit me, what the smell was, it was the faint smell of cigars, now I was focused on the smell of the room, and kinda forgot about the noises, but then my attention, on its own decided to switch to the audio again, and then a picture was somewhat painted for me, I got mental images of people sitting around playing cards, it wasn't a very detailed image, but as I came to these conclusions the noises got louder and it was almost as if I had travelled back and was observing them, I could at that point here when glasses were lifted and placed on the table, I could hear the cards being dealt and I could hear them speaking, but it was as if I were listening to their voices like one would listen to music.. I was missing everything they were saying but I was hearing it... Almost like it didn't absorb... then there was a point in the tape I recall where it all ceased after I heard one husky man say something like, "Hey, or No" .. something similar to that.. (I don't recall right now) and after that I turned the tape off and sat back and thought to myself.. "Noway" ... after that, I tested that tape recorder all over my house and in every different spot, something neat would happen .. something unique anyhow.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join