It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney will not be a better president than Obama.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Now that I have your attention, it's become commonplace on ATS to say "I'm voting for Romney because I'd rather have anyone rather than Obama in the White House" or something along those lines. Can anyone tell me any major differences between the candidates? Besides there appearance of course, A vote for Romney is a vote for the occupation for Iran and vice-versa among many other things that will happen no matter who you choose.

If you look at things closely policy hasn't changed at all since George Dubya, the face of things have changed but deep down it all remains the same, social policies may change but the things that actually matter like monetary policy, tax policy, and spending policies never change, Ronald Regan tripled the national debt but he is still revered by republicans to this day, George Bush doubled the national debt and well he faded into obscurity, and Obama has of course countinued the same path like every other democrat and republican president in recent memory.

Deny Ignorance, with Obama and Romney you don't have a choice, same # just a different face, there are actual choices out there but it seems like a lot of people on here want to keep the same system running and don't want change at all.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

commonplace to say that huh?

I see it more commonplace here for people to say they're voting common sense for Ron Paul...

besides...replacing Obama with Romney would just be trading off one bad thing for another...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Romney !!! , seriously America, is this the best you have to offer, he's clearly a goon.
And has that good old American nack for building foreign relationship easily,
what a dick,
oops gettin angry now.

Examples

Mitt Romney's Olympics gaffe overshadows visit to London

Mitt Romney's Olympics blunder stuns No 10 and hands gift to Obama

'Devoid of charm, offensive and a wazzock': Romney's disastrous day in London after saying he didn't know if Olympics would be a success

Romney comments at fundraiser outrage Palestinians

Palestinians accuse Romney of "racist" remark

All recent headlines from UK tabloids, well done Mitt, way to go.

Not bad for a couple of days.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by Uniceft17

commonplace to say that huh?

I see it more commonplace here for people to say they're voting common sense for Ron Paul...

besides...replacing Obama with Romney would just be trading off one bad thing for another...

Thats beside the point of the OP - he wanted to know WHAT would be it that you traded off. What is more wrong with Obama than with Romney?

As a European, I am just midly interested in your presidency, as the overall course will stay the same.. "Fight the terrorists! They are everywhere!" - this can go on for millenia, as every war will only produce more enemies.. Or do you think that the more you bomb anyone the more they love you?

There was a nice webcomic about this, I will try to find it again. *edit* Ah, here we go:
www.angryflower.com...
edit on 31-7-2012 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The ONLY difference between Romney and Obama is the color of their skin....and BOTH make my skin crawl.

Keep voting for the same two party system and we will keep getting what we have always gotten IMO. Both of these guys have those "Eat Shiiite Smiles" that makes my blood boil.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
Read more at www.brainyquote.com...

top topics

join