It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophecy watchers....keep your eyes on Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
(If I say something that is right, then God has inspired me. If I say something that is wrong, then it is my own mistake.)

One of the key players in the ongoing conflict in Afghanistan are the Taliban, who are largely comprised of Pashtun tribesmen. The Pashtun are a people renowned for their warlike nature and their history of fiercely resisting foreign invasions. What distinguishes these Pashtun fighters from other Islamic militias is the fact that they are of Israelite descent. This is not just a vague hypothesis, as there is plenty of evidence linking these Pashtun to the ancient Israelites.

One of the strongest indications of the Pashtuns link to the Israelites are the glaring similarities in clan names between the two groups. Ephraim = Afridi , Reuben = Rabbani, Asher = Ashuri, Levi = Levani, Naftali = Daftani, Gad = Gadoon etc. Then there are several other cultural similarities between the Pashtuns and the Hebrews, which this video describes quite well.

Ironically, the Pashtuns of Afghanistan / N.W.Pakistan, despite harboring strong grudges against Israel and Jews, themselves claim descent from the ancient Israelites. This idea is further expanded by Second Israeli president Itzhak Ben-Zvi. He writes in his book "The Exiled and the Redeemed

"The Afghan tribes, among whom the Jews have lived for generations, are Moslems who retain to this day their amazing tradition about their descent from the Ten Tribes. It is an ancient tradition, and one not without some historical plausibility... if the Afghan tribes persistently adhere to the tradition that they were once Hebrews and in course of time embraced Islam, and there is not an alternative tradition also existent among them, they are certainly Jewish."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The portion of Jacob is not like them; for he is the former of all things: and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: the Lord of hosts is his name. Thou art my battle axe and weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms

While this may not be a direct prophecy of the Pashtun Israelites, it definitely mirrors their military accomplishments against more powerful kingdoms and empires. A few decades ago, these Pashtun Israelites were a large part of the Mujahideen(holy warriors), a religious army who fought back and defeated an irreligious army, not just any irreligious army... but one belonging to superpower Russia.
What the lightly armed mujahideen lacked in armor and air power, they made up with an unbreakable will fuelled by their religious faith. I take this as a sign. Many christian commentators attribute the modern state of Israels military victories to God. It can also be said that the 'other' Israel, i.e - the pashtuns resilience and battlefield prowess is also from God.

I strongly believe that these Pashtun Israelites will play a major role in the end times events. As of now, they are engaged in a battle against two powerful armies, the US and NATO forces. Will this war truly end after troop withdrawal or will it evolve into a more complicated war, with newer players? Only time will tell.

'Israel' means both a nation and a people. Keeping this in mind, we can look at biblical end times events from the perspective of Israel, the people as opposed to Israel, the modern nation. Also, 'Israel' whether taken as a nation or as a people, does not specify or indicate a religious identity. So its very likely that there is a 'hidden' Israel that will play a major role in end times events. This 'hidden' Israel I am speaking of are the Pashtun Israelites... who happen to be muslim... in other words, challenging the popular notion that "Israel" refers only to the jews.

Something for Christians to ponder over....
Interestingly, Islamic prophecy states that the majority of the forces of the Mahdi are "from the Bani-Israel", i.e - Children of Israel. Furthermore, Islamic prophecy also states that arabs fighting the dajjals forces would be "very few" in number. This is indeed very remniscent of the situation during the Afghan-Soviet conflict, where the Arab foriegn fighters were very few compared to the Pashtun fighters.

Furthermore, Islam teaches that Jesus, an Israelite is the messiah who will defeat the anti-christ....and that the Mahdi, "has the body of an Israelite". Perhaps it is indeed odd that Islam teaches that the muslim Israelites play a greater role than the Arabs during end time events.... or perhaps the Israelites indeed have a major role to play in the days to come.

edit on 31-7-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

'Israel' means both a nation and a people.

A nation is a people.
You are probably thinking of Eretz Israel, the Land of Israel, which is something in the Bible.
And this idea of the Pashtun people being descended from Israelites is something that has been around for a long time but the reality of it is probably more that the Israelites were actually Amorites just one branch that put down roots in Palestine, while the greater Amorite empire stretched from there, all the way into the Afghanistan region, where you do see the identical names come up, but are more from a common language rather than evidence of "descent".
edit on 31-7-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

A nation is a people.
You are probably thinking of Eretz Israel, the Land of Israel, which is something in the Bible.

I was pointing out to how "Israel" is today used to refer solely to the modern state in the middle east.
"Israel" also exists as the Pashtun of Afghanistan.

And this idea of the Pashtun people being descended from Israelites is something that has been around for a long time but the reality of it is probably more that the Israelites were actually Amorites just one branch that put down roots in Palestine

Sounds like a reference to Ezekiel

"your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite."

Well, the original ancestors of the Israelites may have been "Amorites"... but the Israelites with the names we recognize emerged much later. And the people in Afghanistan with similar names branched out from them.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Well, the original ancestors of the Israelites may have been "Amorites"... but the Israelites with the names we recognize emerged much later. And the people in Afghanistan with similar names branched out from them.

The Israelites were a group who stayed pure to their Amorite heritage and so over time became unique after the withdrawal of the main body of that nationality, so preserved those family names you see show up later in the Pashtun tribes.
If you want a condensed version of this history, read Early Israelites: Two Peoples, One History: Rediscovery of the Origins of Biblical Israel, by Igor P. Lipovsky

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

If we wanted to get technical, we could probably say that most everyone in the Middle East whether Jew, Muslim or Arab all descended from the original Israelites.

As for the names of the Pashtun tribes, I thought it might be helpful to review the blessings/curses/prophecies bestowed on Jacob's sons (that make up the twelve tribes of Israel) before his death. They are outlined in Genesis 49 and below is an outline with commentary regarding them. Maybe this will help to give more insight.

Genesis 49 - The Blessing of the Sons of Jacob

www.enduringword.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thank you for this interesting post, S & F

Despite our tendency to disagree, it is important that we continue to learn from each other.

As always, peace be to you, brother.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Doubt these pashtun are the Israelites, or at least all of them. Maybe part of Ephraim , but not all of Ephraim. Ephraim was flung to every corner of the earth and forgot who they were and lost their heritage. They have been assimilated. They will return to Israel through Jesus, many of them are doing so today.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Doubt these pashtun are the Israelites, or at least all of them. Maybe part of Ephraim , but not all of Ephraim. Ephraim was flung to every corner of the earth and forgot who they were and lost their heritage. They have been assimilated. They will return to Israel through Jesus, many of them are doing so today.

We do know they were scattered, that is very clear in the Bible. We do know they will one day return, that is very clear in the Bible. Until that day, God knows where they are.

What intrigues me is this, in the Book of Genesis where it speaks about where the nations of the earth would one day be according to the names of the grandsons of Noah, the names then are still commonly used. For instance, Ashkenaz is said in the book to be Europe and today European Jews are called Ashkenazi. The writer of Genesis could not know that is what it would be called today.

The Jews were indeed scattered and the one tribe people commonly associate is Levi, and it is interesting that they kept the genealogy of their tribe as they always have done. So if one is Reubenite or Simeonite or the other tribes, they are still Jews.There are Sephardic Jews and Yemeni Jews and there were Jews in Saudi Arabia during the time of Mohammed. They may have assimilated to preserve their lives but deeply they are Jews and should be recognized as such. It was God who blessed them and God knows where and who they are.

The 12 gates of the New Jerusalem each carry the name of the tribe.

Revelation 21:12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

Who built that city? God did. Who put the names there? God did. They are coming back because God said they would.

I am back now lonewolf and glad to see you again.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

1. Of course, not all Pashtun are Israelites, much like how not all Jews are descended from the Israelites. Especially the blonde, blue eyed ones. Mixing has definitely occured through the ages.

However, the general pashtun tribal population in Afghanistan, like the ancient Israelites... stongly adhere to their clan and tribal structure... so any mixing with other people would have been greatly limited. They would have remained pretty much unchanged ever since they got there. This explains why the Afghan Pashtuns look so different from other Afghan ethnicities - the Hazaras, Turks and Uzbeks... who look more like other people living in that part of the world. (Caucasus)

2. Also, its not just part of Ephraim... but a number of other tribes as I listed in the OP. I'm not saying every single member of every Israelite tribe ended up in Afghanistan, but I'm saying a large number from many tribes did. The rest would have spread out to other regions as well... and an even stronger chance that they merged in completely into the Arab muslim population as well.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I'd also like to mention that the first time I ever heard of the Pashtun - Israelite connection was in a book by christian writer Grant R. Geoffrey called "Apocalypse". In a chapter about the lost tribes, he outlines in detail the many cultural similarities between Pashtuns and the ancient Israelites.

Of course, that was long before 9/11... before Afghanistan was in the global spotlight for all the wrong reasons.

edit on 1-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Some of them ended up here in america. Archeaologists have recently begun to turn over hebrew artifacts found in ancient native american burial grounds. In a Blackfoot burial ground a chest was uncovered dating back to the Assyrian exile and a tablet with the 10 commandments written on in ancient Aramaic was found. The same kind of writing has been found in Ticonderoga and written on cliffs in the state of Georgia and a few other places.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Sounds interesting. I do not doubt for a second that the ancient Israelites spread everywhere.
I am genuinely interested in learning more.... so anything you have regarding this subject.... post more

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
sorry double post. Please delete.
edit on 1-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Sounds interesting. I do not doubt for a second that the ancient Israelites spread everywhere.
I am genuinely interested in learning more.... so anything you have regarding this subject.... post more

I don't care much for Glenn Beck's show, but every once in a while he turns up something interesting. Like a conspiracy by certain people to hide this stuff so the public doesn't get to see these things.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Compiling a list of places in Pashtun territories (Afghanistan and N.W Pakistan) whos names have a link to ancient hebrews...

First, read this from the OT.
“The God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgath Pilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, and brought them to Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river of Gozan, to this day.

1. Habor = Pesh-Habor = Peshawar (Pesh means pass... city of the pass)

2. Hara = Herat

3. Gozan = The ancient name of the River Amu Darya wiki

Then we have....

4. Kohat city in N.W.Pakistan = named after 2nd son of Levi

5. Zabul province (Afghanistan) = named after the tribe Zebulon

6. Dasht-e-Yahoodi (Pakistan) = means "desert of the jews".

7. Killa Yahoodi (Afghanistan) = means "fort of the jews"

edit on 2-8-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Dasht-e-yahoodi has an interesting backstory to it.

The term Dasht-e Yahudi literally means, the "Jewish Desert" in Persian and "Jewish waste" in Pashto. It is an archaic term that first appears in Persian, Mughal Indian and Afghan (Pashtun) texts.

In its Mughal usage, it was often used as a term of disgust and sarcasm for the Afghan tribes, namely, Afridi, Khattak and Yusufzai who dwelled these parts and often waylaid Mughal caravans and trade routes. It was a reference to their Bani Israel heritage. The Mughal Emperors despite their vast armies were throughout their long dynasty unable to control the Afghans.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Also Islamic prophecy identifies the Mahdis army through these clues

1. They will come from the East
-Afghanistan is east of Arabia

2. They will be from the race of Bani-Israel
- The Pashtun call themselves the Bani-Israel and there is plenty of evidence to back it up. Again, why are the Israelites playing such a large role in Islam?

3. They will come from the historical geographical region of Ancient Khorasan.
- Afghanistan is one of the many places that are located within the region of ancient Khorasan.

4. They will be from a mighty warrior nation.
- The Pashtun have a reputation for being warlike and fierce fighters. Ask any of the empires and countries who had invaded Pashtun territory.

5. They will be from a poor Nation.
- Enough said. Afghanistan is one of the poorest countries in the world.

6. They are from a place with cold climate.
- Afghanistan is known for its harsh winters and it actually snows there.

7. They will be from the TALIQAN( a city in Afghanistan ) region
- Taliqan is supposedly a city in Northern Afghanistan with a Pashtun minority.

One of the reasons why I believe the Pashtuns are a key part of the end times events is because they are currently involved in a conflict with superpower America and NATO. America and NATO are not fighting just any Islamic militia, but an islamic militia comprising mostly of Israelites.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

still I could not understand why I should keep my eyes on Afghanistan. Do you really mean that Mahdi will emerge in Afghanistan. Please do not say that Bin Laden was Mahdi ! CIA wanted misuse the narrations about Khurasan and black banners to pretend that Bin Laden (the CIA spy) was Messiah of Muslims.
edit on 14-5-2014 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join