It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel idea...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Previously I discussed the idea of time capsil based time travel. I have a thread on this, so feel free to comment on that thread about it.

I have however moved on to bigger and better things, although I admit my new idea currently lacks funding.

What if, let's say "we", created a time based "post office".

We could create a store front and saturate every media outlet with what our services offer. The moment time travel "exists" if/when that time ever comes, "they" (time travelers) will have a central or should I saw "known" location to go. They give us messages for loved ones, family, etc... Then we locate them (recipients) and forward them the message.

Granit we would be risking some sort of cosmic disaster. Assuming time travel does in fact exist, we greatly increase our (by our I mean present time and those who are involved) chances of being involved and becoming aware of such awesomeness!!!

Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sparda4355

How do you propose your time project is funded...just a basic question...

Des

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
well I dont know Des, thats a great question. I suppose having a business open for 100's of years with working employees, constantly taking in new and never releasing the old? so we need a gigantic building........ sheesh my cobwebbed wallet can barely think about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Wouldn't the very purpose of the business create the paradox a time traveler would need to avoid as the first priority? They don't need to harm or even meet someone in the past. Simply delivering a message like this would likely change things about the course of the life of the person getting it. Butterflies and Hurricanes, I fear.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You would get SUCH A LOT OF CRAZIES as customers, stating that they are from the future, have to warn us about something terrible (4th august, some ufo in london anyone?), and refuse to offer any proof. The guys from government swarming around your frontdoor just in case a real timetraveller appears are just a minor nuisance, I guess.

Were I a timetraveller I would do anything to avoid attention. Nothing more stupid than using a super-time-machine and having to explain it to several governmental (huh, there is -mental in this word, never noticed before...) scientists for the rest of my miserable live ("what will happen tomorrow? what will happen the day after that? okay, you want another waterboarding, you liar!?").

Yeeeeay, sounds like lots of fun!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
As a time traveler, we already have to technology to witness past events and can access everything we want to know about that event/events.
Changing an event is a real and serious "no no". Due to the nature of paradox and universe dimension splitting reiterated almost forever (if without intervention), it is highly meant to be avoided at all cost and by all means.

Having a post office is pretty much useless because time traveler is merely watching these "past events". We will not and could not contact any of you even if we want to, plus we already know what happened.

You keep progress as you what you been doing now. We have no intention to alert or contact you about anything. Please live as usual because we want to live too. Your life is important because we depends on it.

Thank you for your understanding.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
A LOT of crazies, as I just said..

Anyway, today google (or any other searchengine) is your friend. Nearly impossible to NOT locate someone with these tools.
edit on 31-7-2012 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

How do you propose your time project is funded...just a basic question...

Des

As I mentioned in my thread, "I'll admit my idea lacks funding".

but this would not necessarily be the case, if such a project went underway. It would only take a few like minded individuals that happen to have acquired ungodly amounts of money to fund such a project.

Technically it could even be in their house?

My point with this theory is that currently cumminication with the future is 1 way. It is easy for us to forward information to the future. The Egyptians left messages for us for example.

But in order to make that connection a 2-way street, one must create a desire or a need for them to contact us.

My thread is just one example.

Let's say this thread inspired somebody to do this. And let's pretend it was successful...

Let's say the results were catostrophic!!!

In that case, I just put myself at risk to be assassinated by somebody from the future?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Try watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya anime, its really mind opener about the possibilities.

For example the time traveler got stuck in time loop for decades, knew about it but dont know how to repair it and it all reset again (until the external help by the dimensional alien who monitor the stuff).

In the anime I watch, almost entire seasons we got the same story repeated with minor difference. Dang, talk about deja vu.

So as in your post office example, the loop would be
The time we receiving the message until time the message is sent.

But if the time traveller want to send message, they could done it eons ago, post office or not.

top topics

join