It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Thread which will undoubtedly not fulfill it's intentions lol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I am unsure of where to post such a thread, so MODs if this is incorrectly placed in the "Members Forum" please adjust as needed-

I have spoken to a few of the declared members of Freemasonry, on this website, and after hearing their words, and comparing those to the words of non-masons, my initial beliefs on masonry have very much changed. I never believed them to be the nefarious group that is portrayed on websites such as this; however, i also never really saw any necessity to join such a negatively viewed fraternity.

i do not believe the fraternity to hold the secrets many people claim them to hoard, nor do i believe that once indoctrination one would succumb to worshiping the devil (knowingly or unknowingly).

i believe this to be the same as any other group, which has a select set of skills, skills they hold a greater degree of understanding with, and want only member who will understand and value the basic ideology of the group-

sorry i kind of jump around in my train of thought- special thanks to W3RLIED2 and network dude for all of the information you have provided me- I understand that to potentially join, all one has to do is simply go and ask...

the reason for this thread is...

having no one in my family a mason, i know no masons, and obviously i am not a mason lol-

before i would go to a lodge and ask a representative to take the time to sit with me and have a conversation-

i would very much like to hear of examples of how masonry has influenced its members lives. this doesnt have to be anything specific or amazing... i would just like to hear from those involved, how their lives have felt the presence of their involvement in this organization

i genuinely have an interest in the organization as i have exceptional skills in geometry, and a passion for knowledge.

thread is title as such beccause i know anti-masons will slander, and mason will take defense against those posters...i do not want any sort of debate on this thread. i would ask for civility and honest responses...unfortunately the only people who have read this far are the ones who wouldnt do that anyways lol.

thank you for all of your time and help

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I never understood this mason conspiracy stuff.
My wife's grandpa was a mason.
When he passed,she acquired his book.
I read it,and there was no mystery behind the words.
I have been asked to become a mason several times,but denied it due to lack of time.
The ones I do know,though are kind,generous and a great bunch of guys.
They're main goal is to help out in the charity that they have chosen and to have a good time doing it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

I just moved towns and I found a free mason lodge here in NZ. I'm sure many of the members are nice people........ However

Freemasonry was infiltrated hundreds of years ago by very evil people. And that hidden legacy remains. Same scenario as most religions. But way more intense.

Don't be fooled. Some free masons at the higher levels are evil corrupt scum. And are one of the many groups responsible for the state our world is currently in.

Not all but some.... And those select few have screwed up this planet. For example. Our current prime minister (NZ) is John Key... He is one of the scum members..... Selling off our state assets and performing the common economic Hit-man routine to my country. :/

Free Masonry has a VERY long and complicated history. Full of corruption and being co-opted. It isnt simply a union for stone workers who build cathedrals any more ....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Most masons are completely clueless of what goes on at higher levels. Majority of masons are just regular guys enjoying some time with the guys every Tuesday night at the Lodge. The Illuminati has completely high jacked free masonry to use it as a front.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CompisMentis
Most masons are completely clueless of what goes on at higher levels. Majority of masons are just regular guys enjoying some time with the guys every Tuesday night at the Lodge. The Illuminati has completely high jacked free masonry to use it as a front.

Exactly right!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CompisMentis

Ok,so where is this info coming from?
No,nevermind.
This will turn into a mason conspiracy battle.
If the masons I know turn on me,well,I know how it will end.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Grand Pa on my Moms side was a Mason.

That's my only connection.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

thank you for your reply...this is the overall feeling i have developed on the subject...perhaps maybe the reason for the negative press is the charity? tptb want the money, and it is not to be given to those in need (lol)

thank you for your insight into my inquiry, and your time

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

thank you for your warning...i also appreciate a global perspective.

i understand their are bad eggs in the basket...but i feel this to be the same for any organization with global reach...even local groups.

i do believe i am special, lol; however, i feel i would never see such influence in this organization. that said...what would your opinion of the lower levels be?

thank you for your time and response

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You will find many answers here in regards to your search for the truth. Who is in possession of it? If it is the truth, why would it be hidden?

The truth is not hidden, my friend. The groups who claim this are mistaken because of one simple fact: light shines in darkness.

This one fact should guide you. Don't fall for the excuses....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

A Thread which will undoubtedly not fulfill it's intentions lol

i would ask for civility and honest responses...unfortunately the only people who have read this far are the ones who wouldnt do that anyways lol.

The title of your thread and the last line are indicative of two things in my opinion.

1. You have chosen defeat over success before you have even begun.

2 You are judgmental and disrespectful of the members you are asking advice from.

You sir have earned the title of .............. TROLL

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Lower levels? Filled with many awesome Intelligent people who donate to and sustain so many different parts of society. Many of the buildings in this city were built by free masons within the more recent years. Well, Payed for by freemasonry. This is definitely a free mason city hehe.

No doubt any of the lower level masons would be very angry at my previous post any many others I have posted in the past. There is a lot of distance between the highest levels of free masonry potentially even some secret degrees in some specific lodges above 33 but not all. So many of the lower level guys only see an awesome organisation that helps everyone. If you joined you'd no doubt never see anything suspect.

But its a very old group and had many off-shoots. If your interested do some research into Adam Weishaupt to see one angle of co-opting out of many in the past.

Also im fascinated with why they are fascinated with certian numbers. like 33 for example.

I think it has something to do with what Nikola Tesla was onto

“If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have a key to the universe.” -Tesla

edit on 31-7-2012 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CompisMentis

but how are the Tuesday meetings?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

did you ever hear stories of his experiences?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

This one fact should guide you. Don't fall for the excuses....

i follow you, my piccolo playing friend...thank you for your words.

this place is a nice resource, valuable because of conversation's like this....but this insight was perhaps misplaced...i am not asking for any truth other than that of experience. person experience of personal development...

i believe my mind knows all truths...i just have to find the proper files stored away ...i stated the only secret truths i believe the group to have is a specific skill...masonry. i do no stone work in my profession, nor math; however, i am a student first- therefore geometry and personal growth are reasons i believe i am here...my interest in Freemasonry stems from this pattern of thought as i have come to believe these to be encouraged ideas within the group.

do you have any personal insight in regards to the functioning of the group, on a local level?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagicWand67

The title of your thread and the last line are indicative of two things in my opinion.

1. You have chosen defeat over success before you have even begun.

2 You are judgmental and disrespectful of the members you are asking advice from.

You sir have earned the title of .............. TROLL

lol...i am sorry i potentially offended you friend...i am not a troll...perhaps misguided at times, but i am sincere

i meant no disrespect to any members as i value all of you...

1) perhaps this came across in an attempt for humor...i was under the assumption LOL stood for light heartedness at the least lol

2) I sincerely meant no harm, nor offense

lol...calm down friend...if you dont have anything to contribute to the question...just do wanna these

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mandrakerealmz

i understand. i am fascinated with both numbers, and Tesla as well...

i enjoy pondering that quote

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Oh,BTW,one of my best friends is a big,tall mason associated with a childrens hospital.
He has a curly long mustache and drives a little car dressed as a clown..
And he is as evil as the dawn is red..........

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Oh,BTW,one of my best friends is a big,tall mason associated with a childrens hospital.
He has a curly long mustache and drives a little car dressed as a clown..
And he is as evil as the dawn is red..........

bwahahahahahahahaha...lol

CX

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Conspiracies aside....because i know of none at lower levels around here.....my uncle is a mason and all i know is they have their meet up now and again and help out a lot of the community.

No discrimination towards who they help either, bit like our Lions Clubs or Rotary Clubs, they seem to do a fair bit for charity.

Also do a good antique fair and a coffee at the Saturday morning market.

CX.

top topics

join