It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border agents say DHS tells them to release illegals after violent crimes are committed

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

Senator Jeff Sessions, Alabama Republican, introduced two top border immigration agents on Thursday to talk about the lax enforcement directives they are given by the Department of Homeland Security and how illegal immigrants are cheating the system to get into United States even after multiple violent crimes have been committed. "The Administration claims it has diligently enforced immigration law and that the border is 'more secure than ever.' But those on the front lines know this to be untrue. They see the violence, chaos and lawlessness. They have lost confidence in the leadership of their agencies... As you will hear today, this administration has engaged in a sustained, relentless effort to undermine America's immigration laws," said Sessions.

There is a video on the website.

I'm out of words, everything I'd scream about should be common sense to you all. I love this country, but our government destroyed it. Wrong is RIGHT and right is wrong, truely Orwellian.

Our debt alone will destroy us, our ignorance is just insult to injury.

edit on 7/31/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think this is the opposite of the old saying about divorce... "It's Cheaper To Keep Her".

Regardless of the crime done, it is cheaper to send them home than to let them stand trial. They will more than likely make their way back here again, but under a different alias. In their mind...no harm. No foul.

Of course it's ludicrous, idiotic, and just plain ignorant. But, what else can we expect at this point? The right thing? Hardly.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This portion struck home with me..

Napolitano testified earlier in the week before the House Judiciary Committee and defended President Obama's immigration directive saying, "Our nation's immigration laws must be enforced in a strong and sensible manner." She added, "But they are not designed to be blindly enforced without consideration given to the individual circumstances of each case."

"Janet Napolitano has traveled around the country stating that the border is more secure than it has ever been. We do not believe that to be the case. She conveniently forgot to ask the men and women around the front line if indeed that were true," said McCubbin.

"But rather she relied on the information and statistics provided to her by those in positions who have an interest in having them reflect whatever position the administration wants it to reflect. In this case, a safe and secure border. When you surround yourself with people who always say ‘yes’ you will get the answer you are seeking," McCubbin explained.

If the folks in DC don't even bother to include the front line officers when gathering their data, the DHS' report is flawed to begin with.

You would think that the heaviest weight given to an analysis on the southern border situation would be given to the folks on the southern border...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Having "Yes Men", giving advice always leads to problems....

The Border, reeks of Ineffectiveness................

MHO

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Yes, screaming is the first and most realistic alternative. I agree and will join you in screaming.

One thing I don't understand about ATS members is the seemingly large number who say they believe that there is no difference between either of the parties or their candidates. It seems that a different person would make different decisions. I would like some different decisions.

I don't think our country can consider itself to be a nation of laws, and not men, with this type of enforcement. If you have a law enforce it. If you're not going to enforce it, get rid of it. But not, "Some desk jockey doesn't like this kind of behavior today and he will decide how it is handled."

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
DHS is the puppet president's gestapo. This should not be a surprise to anyone. History is repeating itself and no one is doing a damn thing about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
DHS is the puppet president's gestapo. This should not be a surprise to anyone. History is repeating itself and no one is doing a damn thing about it.

Gestapo. Ain't that the damn truth? I'll remember that analogy from here on....

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I cant say Im suprised to hear this.

What exactly has the DHS done to help with Homeland Security? Releasing violent illegals dosent really seem like "security" to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
I think this is the opposite of the old saying about divorce... "It's Cheaper To Keep Her".

Regardless of the crime done, it is cheaper to send them home than to let them stand trial. They will more than likely make their way back here again, but under a different alias.

It's like when a homeless person gets caught commiting a "crime" such as fare evasion where they need your details so they can send the baillifs around if u can't pay - useless. Just sending them to the police station is a big waste of money (time) for those involved - let alone if they have to keep them and feed them. They're doing the homeless person a favor.

For an illegal who probably can leave his current home on a whim it's probably a similar situation. Bed and board at the taxpayers expense, plus prison politics he can be used by other inmates as an addition to their ranks.
edit on 31-7-2012 by igor_ats because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

The first thing they do is try to hide history.

It shows the power of government education, they teach what they want us to know.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.lsnewsgroup.com...

Agenda 21.

Sentence that caught my eye in the article above:

"Another is to allow unregulated immigration in order to lower standards of living and drain local resources."

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The Obama administration declined to try to deport more than 36,000 illegal immigrants that were arrested on other charges between 2008 and 2011, including some who went on to commit 19 murders, 3 attempted murders and 142 sex crimes, the House Judiciary Committee said Tuesday.

To risk the safety and very lives of citizens because of ignoring existing laws is un-acceptable.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Some good related info here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 31-7-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

From the video: " An alien was arrested by local police and placed in jail on 2 charges.
Charge 1, assault with bodily injury to a family member.
Charge 2, interference with that person's attempt to call for emergency assistance.

When ICE later arrested the individual for immigration violations he attempted to escape, another criminal offense. One agent was injured in the incident claiming the injuries were intentionally inflicted by the escapee, another criminal offense. of course assault of a federal agent.

So in this case we have 4 possible criminal charges, two involving violence, one injured family member, one injured officer, without any questioning, without any investigation. The alien was released as a dreamer. No criminal charges, no immigration charges, no nothing."

We will be seeing a lot more of this unless something is done to stop this outrage.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
frontpagemag.com...

On June 7, 2011, his brother, Denny, was killed by an illegal alien driving drunk in Chicago. The driver, Saul Chavez, was arrested at the scene. During a previous drunk driving arrest in 2007, he admitted to police that he was in the country illegally. McCann said that Cook County officials, which includes Chicago, assured him that Chavez would spend six to twelve years in prison before he was deported. Instead, on September 7, 2011, Cook County passed its own ordinance in which the county refused to cooperate with ICE on any detainers, even repeat offenders like Chavez.

In late November, Chavez was able to post bond. The County ignored the ICE detainer placed on Chavez and Chavez was let go. He’s since gone on the run and hasn’t been seen since his release.

If you're an illegal, you can get away with murder.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
folks in DC don't even bother to include the front line officers when gathering their data, the DHS' report is flawed to begin with

new topics

top topics

join