It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF Moment : Post Yours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Here is my WTF moment today......

July 30 (Bloomberg) -- The federal law requiring worker notification of mass layoffs doesn’t apply to defense companies and other government contractors affected by the possibility of across-the-board budget cuts beginning early next year, the U.S. Department of Labor said. In guidance posted today on its website, the Labor Department said it would be “inappropriate” for companies to send 60-day notices to their employees given the uncertainty about whether the reductions will occur or which jobs will be cut. Legal notice “to employees of federal contractors, including in the defense industry, is not required 60 days in advance of Jan. 2, 2013, and would be inappropriate, given the lack of certainty about how the budget cuts will be implemented and the possibility that the sequester will be avoided before January,” the department said.

www.sfgate.com...

The Feds can tell all other businesses that they have to give notification of mass layoffs,but it would be inappropriate for federal contractors to receive such a notice?

Original idea

edit on 30-7-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
That doesn't even make any inkling of a tiny fragment of anything resemblance a distant cousin of Sense.

That entire paragraph is one big giant piece of bull feces disguised as words.

"Do as I say, not as I do."
- the US government
edit on 7/30/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Oh I think it makes sense and it's infuriating. Political gamesmanship of the worst sort as well as just outright self interest.

First, you wouldn't want to shake and scare the whole federal system of contractors. They might quit or something, since uncertainty would make other opportunities look downright tempting. If they haven't gotten notices, fat chance even convincing the average person their head is on the block as much as everyone else's.

Now, as some seem determined to open new fronts and whole new wars, defense contractors really wouldn't want to be the category getting spooked, at least not before the election. After that, if he loses, I bet they all get their notices almost overnight for the sheer chaos that will bring.

This whole thing is just sickening to watch Washington play with. Even the national security and national stability within the Federal work force is nothing but another set of handles and levers to play with as needed for the outcome they seek.

What happened to these being real people that deserve as much honest warning as everyone else?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
That doesn't even make any inkling of a tiny fragment of anything resemblance a distant cousin of Sense.

That entire paragraph is one big giant piece of bull feces disguised as words.

"Do as I say, not as I do."
- the US government
edit on 7/30/2012 by OrphenFire because: (no reason given)

Hence the title of the thread and the fact that my head is spinning.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Just look at NASA.

Space scientists hold bake sales to highlight NASA cuts

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
So,what is your WTF moment of the day?
Other than your grandma told you were adopted,there has to be something out there.....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

My only WTF moment, is that I can't go back to bed..

I even went back to bed to try, and it's not working.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

My only WTF moment, is that I can't go back to bed..

I even went back to bed to try, and it's not working.

Want me to sing you a lullaby?
I have that soothing Dean Martin voice,
no,wait,Sammy Davis Jr

Cause the candy man can....

edit on 31-7-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Love the title of your thread...
I'm going to answer it from a completely different angle, since I have no idea where else to post something strange that recently happened. I would be interested to know if anyone else thinks this is a bit unnerving, or if I am just becoming paranoid! It is definitely my most recent WTF moments...

So... like many of you, I have been seriously "looking into" the circumstances surrounding the shooting at the Batman movie in Aurora allegedly by Holmes. I've been reading the different links people have posted and started a thread (my first one on ATS). Let me back up by saying, I live in a small town on the southern coast of OREGON... and I have never been to Colorado. I do not know anyone who lives there.

4 days ago, in the regular mail (I assume because it was in my locking postbox), I received what looks like an advertisement postcard for a dentist's office.. in Aurora, CO. It kinda freaked me out... I was wondering WTF? Why would a dentist in Aurora send me an ad? I live God knows how many hundreds of miles away!

Then... yesterday, my daughter and I drove to a city 2 hours away to attend a summer educational/music camp. Last night, in the middle of the night, I heard a sound at my hotel room door. Then nothing happened. I went back to sleep. This morning, I wake up to find my door had been opened because it did not click shut... the folding-bar thing that goes across the opening of the door is the only thing that kept "whomever" out of our room. Now, all day, I am definitely thinking WTF?!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by packinmomma

That is definitely a WTF moment.

Always make sure those doors are locked and secured,no matter how safe you feel in your environment .

Thanks for sharing that.

edit on 31-7-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm a total momma bear when it comes to my daughter. All I can say is, my eyes are wide open and I'm on high alert! This is a decent hotel, but still felt it necessary to put a table against the door and my "high voltage" flashlight next to me... It's the only way I'm going to sleep tonight.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by packinmomma

Thanks.

Yeah, I'm a total momma bear when it comes to my daughter. All I can say is, my eyes are wide open and I'm on high alert! This is a decent hotel, but still felt it necessary to put a table against the door and my "high voltage" flashlight next to me... It's the only way I'm going to sleep tonight.

Be safe momma!
I hope and wish all will be well with you tonight and also a peaceful rest.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I had many WTF moments this week and couldn't figure out how to express them.
Oh,wait,it's only monday,so maybe from last week?
I digress as I often do since,well.......

Anyways...

One clever artist IMO.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wanted to include threads of interests,if thats ok.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Straight from my calendar: Monday, Tuesday, W T F

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Not really sure if this qualifies, but it gave me a good laugh today and a WTF moment as I didn't know exactly how to handle it.
I had an older gentleman today come out into our stockroom, looking for an adjoining hairdressers. The problem is the hairdresser is three buildings down the street. He was looking for his wife, who was in there. I'm not sure if he had dimentia or anything, but he was adamant of going through the rear door to "the hairdressers." Problem is the rear door goes through to the swimming pool. Half a dozen steps outside the door and he would have been in the pool fully clothed...

He opened the door but I managed to turn him around and head him off the other way. He then proceeds to trip over a box, luckily I caught him. This gave me the perfect excuse to remind him he wasn't meant to be out here. I led him back out and showed him down the street to the hairdressers where his wife was. He couldn't stop thanking me and later on his wife came back with a huge bunch of thankyou flowers for me helping him. While flowers aren't really my thing being a manly man and all, I was grateful, but did cop a pretty good ribbing for this bunch of pretty flowers and this massive thankyou note on my desk. But yeah, it definetely passed as a WTF moment, especially if he had've barged out the door and wound up taking a dip...

top topics

join