It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving Aggressiveness - Intentionally Causing Accidents?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by DondeEsta?

I stick to scenic routes like cabbot trail when I ride these days. I don't go anywhere near highways or cities if I can avoid it. Those kinds of roads are a lot more fun to ride on, the least amount of traffic the better for me. My bike is bright green, with a boatload of specially made reflector stickers on it, same as my leather and helmet. No way you could be able to miss me if you were paying attention, yet so many people do.

That sounds like my kind of adventure! Safe travels!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You would notice the stupidity even more if you drove a motorcycle.

*Gasp* You know what though?! I have seen two of the most INSANE motorcyle riders *ever* in the past month!

I have nothing but the utmost respect for people on motorcycles, my husband used to have several, and had an accident on one once. It was his fault, he actually hit the back of a car.

As well, so did all 3 of my brothers, but, I digress.

These two guys on these bikes! One of them was on a a highway two lanes each way divided by a median. He was in fairly heavy traffic and in a hurry, I presume. He began weaving in and out between cars, dangerously close, and having to brake hard.

Eventually, he became very impatient and rode the middle white line between a row of cars on the left and semi's and cars on the right. I could do nothing but wince and pray he made it. He rushed up the center line... to a red light. When the light changed, he jack-rabbited out into the intersection to be *first*! Thankfully, no one ran the light.

The other guy was almost as bad. He only changed lanes in heavy traffic in the middle of a busy intersection in which people were turning right on their red out onto the same highway. He almost caused one person turning out to wreck when he changed lanes almost on top of him.

I had to call my husband when I got to work to tell him about those two, I just shocked.

I knew too, the first time anything happened to either of those two riders, they would blame the car drivers.

I agree tough, a lot of people are disprespectful of motorcycles, but I try to give as much room as possible, and pay extra attention when I see them.

I think a lot of people have an attitude like, "Oooo too bad you made the choice to ride THAT."

I will say though, I haven't seen a light jumper challenge a motorcycle. That would be a bad, bad thing, IMO. I would surely stay and offer to testify for that one!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Could be the bad economy and folks are trying to get that bank note paid off a la YOU.

But I would say it is an increase in folks either not knowing what their signal means or not paying attention. I have seen a pick up of that here as well, and think a few folks may need to go back to their local DMV and get tested. It still amazes me how many folks sit at a four way intersection with stop signs and NOBODY knows who goes first. They all just sit there. The they all decide to go at once. Nobody knows...it's lunacy!!

You make some valid points. I even thought about the DMV thing when they started doing the 10 year drivers license renewals online. You don't even have to go in and retake pictures, update weight, hair color, glasses, vision tests, nothing. Just a few clicks, pays your money and makes your choice. Bada bing bada boom, your license for 10 years is in the mail. Next ten years, rinse, repeat. I was wondering once, how many 80 year olds are going to be running around with their 18 year old drivers' photos!

And 4 way stops. Ugh. That is almost as bad as elevators!

edit on 30-7-2012 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Yeah, plenty of idiots on bikes too. Wheelies down the highway and all that. Pisses me off, gives the rest of us a bad name. Sure I will go fast when the road is clear, I don't see how they do all that other craziness though, and in traffic to boot. When I want to mess around and do wheelies, I know a huge vacant parkinglot to go to. No reason to do that on the roads and endanger other people.

edit on Mon, 30 Jul 2012 23:11:32 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I gotta tell you this OP, i'm used to this kind of impatient driving and feeling like i'm going for a battle every time I get on the road. Where i'm from (Israel) the approach has been quite the opposite lately, people have started to drive more and more properly and not doing risky and stupid moves only to earn an extra minute, in here they already know they can regret it later on for quite some time.

I have been in the U.S though a few years ago, and in other countries and the feeling is just as you have described. Although it used to be much nicer to drive around and wait in queues before, today it really seems that patience is wearing thin, people are becoming ruder and less considering for the environment, it feels like there's chaos growing and people becoming neurotic and cannot control over themselves. Not just on the road but everywhere. I wonder what will happen if SHTF?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

I think you would be shocked if you came to the US now. Things have changed so much. I agree about the general impatience everywhere. I suppose it is a sign of the times.

In a SHTF scenario, if you don't know ahead of time? Only choice would be to batten down the hatches and wait some days, or walk. Going on the roads in that situation would most certainly be taking your life in your hands!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join