It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Descendant Of African Slave, According To Genealogy Research

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Here is more intersting ancestor information for both candidates:

In another quirk of history, both of the main presidential candidates have ties to this region. Parley Pratt, an ancestor of Romney’s and an esteemed figure in the Mormon Church, was murdered in Arkansas shortly before the Mountain Meadows Massacre. Historians have speculated that anger over this killing may have played a part in the massacre.
And in a cemetery nearby is buried Nathaniel Bunch, an ancestor of Obama’s, according to local genealogists, who say Bunch was a contemporary of the wagon train emigrants.

wash ington post

In case you don't know what the Meadows Mountain Massacre is, it is the first 911.

The Mountain Meadows massacre was a series of attacks on the Baker–Fancher emigrant wagon train, at Mountain Meadows in southern Utah. The attacks culminated on September 11, 1857 with the mass slaughter of the emigrant party by the Iron County district of the Utah Territorial Militia and some local Native Americans

wiki

edit on 31-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Okay... So what?

There's an awful lot of black and mixed race people in America with slaves in their family history. Even some white people, too.

Why is this even a story?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by UngoodWatermelon
Okay... So what?

There's an awful lot of black and mixed race people in America with slaves in their family history. Even some white people, too.

???

A lineage going from slave to POTUS in 200 years is actually very news worthy.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain

Okay... So what?

???

How so?
What makes that so newsworthy?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This should not matter to anyone other than Obama and his family. Who the heck cares! Millions of people are decendants of slaves, big deal.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunyadammm

Originally posted by spinalremain

Okay... So what?

???

How so?
What makes that so newsworthy?

I'd say that's fairly obvious. It allows the media to say that anyone, even the descendents of slaves can become President.

Obviously, whether you agree or disagree with the narrative, it's newsworthy. Hell, have you seen what is considered 'newsworthy'? This ranks far higher up than a lot of crap.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Okay... So what?

How many of them are president?

It's a story because someone wrote about it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

You'd support Hitler if he were black... oh, wait- he is, and you do!

Don't you remember what our good Doctor from the 60's said? Something about judging a man by his character instead of his color? Too bad so damned few of you seem to remember that, or perhaps you've just lost your comprehension and intelligence. Pity. REAL pity.

Dr. King is spinning in his grave.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel
reply to post by acmpnsfal

His democrat voters are slipping away. A slave risen from poverty to be a millionaire makes him look like a working man. He's not. Niether is Romney. It's all smoke and mirrors to avoid the real issues and manipulate the election, which is a joke this term.

Nobody is going to look at Obama as a slave risen from poverty, lol. Seriously how do you come up with these things? In American society today, no person would be considered a slave, much less a slave risen from poverty. Actually, how does a slave rise from poverty? Im pretty sure thats impossible.
edit on 31-7-2012 by acmpnsfal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

If the government is going to start paying back ancient debts, I believe there are a great many people first in line for things to be made right.

Lmao! Ancient? No, this is very recent history in the grand scheme of things. America is extremely young compared to most other countries. Seeing as how America would never have prospered economically without slaves, they should be at the top of the list for compensation. I mean come on the American government gave Jews reparation money America was not even responsible for what happened to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
That's funny, all the criticism about "what's the big deal, slavery was 200 years ago." Well true, but the sons and daughters of those slaves had no assurance of being able to vote until a thing called the Civil Rights Act was passed a mere 40 years ago. So it is a little interesting that a descendent of a slave could be the president of the United States.

Of course, there are millions of descendents of slaves, just as there are millions of descendents of royalty. Obama happens to be both. Curious bit of trivia, but I'm sure most people, white or black, can boast of the same. It is ironic though that his his being a descendent of an African slave came from the white side of his family.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Star128

You are wrong here. I don't believe in oppressing anyone, especially based on something as frivolous and ridiculous as "race".

But come back and tell me why you feel this way. I suspect you are butt hurt. I'd gladly debate on the merit. But I suspect, based on your response here, that you cannot. Not only cannot but will not. Because you cannot.

Waiting.

edit on 31-7-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think we are owed our land back first

First screwed first repaid I say
Not any of us will ever get anything

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I'd say that's fairly obvious. It allows the media to say that anyone, even the descendents of slaves can become President.

I am honestly not getting that at all. Sorry.

Obviously, whether you agree or disagree with the narrative, it's newsworthy. Hell, have you seen what is considered 'newsworthy'? This ranks far higher up than a lot of crap.

I don't use that kind of scale.
There have been a lot of people having babies over the last couple of centuries. A lot has changed. I am sorry but I do not see it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Obama is still the leader of the free world. Deal with it. My opinion is he will be for another 4 years. Regardless of his ancestry this will happen. Romney over Obama? Really?

Get over it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Touche and very true.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Most African Americans can trace their routes back to slavery..

As can many whites, as has been pointed out already.

The American government had many chances to make things right with African Americans and they never have.

Never have? Really? The rest is an ongoing debate that will certainly not be resolved on this thread.

Source
Obama Giving Black Farmers $1.25B in Reparations

There's a start.

Lol, Obama is not in trouble with black Americans.

Lol. Yes, he is. Why look, just today!

Source

Black pastors group launches anti-Obama campaign around gay marriage
Posted by
CNN's Dan Merica

Washington (CNN) – A group of conservative black pastors are responding to President Barack Obama’s support of same-sex marriage with what they say will be a national campaign aimed at rallying black Americans to rethink their overwhelming support of the President, though the group’s leader is offering few specifics about the effort.

Source

Obama Is Losing A Stunning Amount Of African-American Support In North Carolina

Jun. 12, 2012, 2:16 PM

President Barack Obama is rapidly losing support among African-American voters in North Carolina, a new poll
out today from the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling shows.

Sou rce

Disappointed in Obama, New Black Panthers openly consider ‘the bullet’

...NBPP Chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz breaks down the presidential election, concluding the Democratic Party is the “institutional pimp of Black peoples and the Black Nation” and that Obama has “been a real disappointment.”

Should the president be going abroad representing America in a jacket from Wal-Mart?

It was his wife, but, read what I wrote again, please.

"Consider this. Obama has money. Look what his wife wore to the Olympics. A $6,000 jacket, while the media taunted Ann Romney for a $900 shirt, saying she was out of touch.The obvious media bias is astounding."

"Now, consider how the poor black voter base sees this?"

Now, do that. Imagine, welfare, food stamps, people losing their homes, black unemployment double the rate of white unemployment. But, he is so cool! Yeah, blind support is just that. Blind.

Jet setting and partying with hollyweirds? Ummm, you'd have to give me some sources for that. Please make sure the "jet setting" was not for diplomatic reasons or a vacation and that the partying with the "hollyweirds" was not just a dinner or fundraiser.

Seriously? Thats ALL he does! Well, fundraisers and vacations. Also, I would love to know what "diplomatic" reasons Obama would have to go fundraise in Hollywood. I can hardly wait for this one.

Source
Obama has hosted more fundraisers than the last 5 presidents…combined

Source
Obama's run of celebrity-packed fundraisers continues on West Coast

Source
Celebrities, Hollywood Power Players Attend Obama Gay-Lesbian Fundraisers

Source
Obama fundraiser at Sarah Jessica Parker's house: How'd it go? (+video)

Source
Obama In LA May 10, 2012: Fundraising Dinner At George Clooney's Home In The Valley (UPDATED)

Source
Celebrity-in-Chief: 28 celeb fundraisers for Obama

That's enough...

Refusal to address the economy?

Not during this election cycle, it hasn't been. All he has done is attack Romney and his wife, and talk about raising taxes.

Source
DNC Homepage Shows More Romney Attack Ads Than Obama Accomplishments

Source
Obama Jobs Council Hasn’t Met in Six Months

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

A slave risen from poverty to be a millionaire makes him look like a working man

No one thinks Obama is or was ever a slave. I don't get your logic.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

As can many whites, as has been pointed out already.

Eh, there is a slight difference between a white person who can trace their ancestry back to slavery and a black person who can. Someone who is visually passable as white would have faced less hardship assimilating into American society and gaining equal rights. They would also have access to white privilege. If you have to go back many generations to find 1 slave, who was most likely raped, that had a mixed race child, and nobody in your family was aware of it, chances are your ancestors were not affected by all the hardships blacks faced post-slavery. But if you want to count them, thats just more people that deserve payment. The American government could have just done this right after slavery was abolished but since they did not, the situation is more complex today.

Never have? Really? The rest is an ongoing debate that will certainly not be resolved on this thread.

Source
Obama Giving Black Farmers $1.25B in Reparations

There's a start

That is a start. The debate can go on forever, the fact IS injustice was done and the American government made a lot of promises that were not kept..

Lol. Yes, he is. Why look, just today!

Black pastors group launches anti-Obama campaign around gay marriage
Posted by
CNN's Dan Merica

Washington (CNN) – A group of conservative black pastors are responding to President Barack Obama’s support of same-sex marriage

Ok, these black pastors have a problem with his stance on gay marriage because of their religion. It has nothing to do with race. But anyway, making him "more black" as you said, would solve nothing since this is a religious issue for them.

Source

Obama Is Losing A Stunning Amount Of African-American Support In North Carolina

Jun. 12, 2012, 2:16 PM

President Barack Obama is rapidly losing support among African-American voters in North Carolina, a new poll
out today from the Democratic-leaning Public Policy Polling shows.

From your source:

Jim Williams, a polling analyst at PPP, said it could be "statistical noise" that comes with a small sample (only about 200 African-Americans were surveyed). But he said it was not something the agency has "ever seen before." Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Its not a reliable sample which makes the whole article irrelevant. Either way though, there was no reason given for the loss in support. So you cannot speculate that making him "more black" would solve the problem.

Disappointed in Obama, New Black Panthers

LOL, that is a fringe organization with little influence in the black community. And you got this article from a conservative news source, im sure its 100% true.

It was his wife, but, read what I wrote again, please.

I also said "the cost of what the Obamas were wearing is irrelevant, they are they first family, its expected for them to wear expensive clothing."

Now, do that. Imagine, welfare, food stamps, people losing their homes, black unemployment double the rate of white unemployment. But, he is so cool! Yeah, blind support is just that. Blind.

Lol, you give me an article with black pastors who don't like Obama because of his stance on gay marriage and then infer that black people are only voting for him based on his skin color? You refuted yourself. But I am a little confused, black unemployment has always been higher, parts of the black community have been suffering economically since before Obama took office. When did conservatives become concerned about black issues? I'll answer for you, when they realized their votes count.

Seriously? Thats ALL he does! Well, fundraisers and vacations. Also, I would love to know what "diplomatic" reasons Obama would have to go fundraise in Hollywood. I can hardly wait for this one.

I clearly said list things that were not fundraisers, your main source proving that hes held more than previous presidents is not reliable at all. But even it is true, its only the previous 5 presidents, meaning others may have surpassed the number of fundraisers he has currently held. You have provided no examples of vacations.

Not during this election cycle, it hasn't been. All he has done is attack Romney and his wife, and talk about raising taxes.

O_o Um heres an example from this week. Lol. Obama on the economy

You read too much conservative propaganda. Obama only attacks Romney's politics.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I voted for Obama. I hated (still do) Bush so much that I registered to vote just to vote for Obama. I wanted to believe him so much, I wanted his term to be the new Camelot, he said everything I wanted to hear. Then he got elected. And I remember in that election year, much was made that since he was born of an African man, he really wasn't of the slavery issue , sort of dodged it by an accident of birth.
Now he IS of a slavery lineage but through his white mother? Blah blah blah....he has proven to me that he is a liar, that is a con, and this bit of "news" just makes me even more angry: He thinks he can say whatever he wants and get the "keys to the kingdom?" Well that wish is beyond race, evryone wnats that magical power. I think he's trying to make himself appear that he's "in touch" with the average Amerikan voter.
So we are left with an incumbent whose identity we're unsure of, vs a millionaire Morman. This is all beyond ridiculous, almost to the entertainment level if it wasn't destroying our country in the process. Regardless, I'm voting Ron Paul and will write in his name if no other option. Not that it matters.......

edit on 1-8-2012 by missvicky because: spelling

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join