It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Descendant Of African Slave, According To Genealogy Research

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here from 2007:

www.smh.com.au...

A geneaology hobbyist traced Ann Dunham's ancestry back to slave owners. Of course no mention of this connection came from Obama in 2007.

Which of these two makes more sense? Anne Dunham descending from the first slaves or slave owners??

Ancestry.com is trying to say there is a blood relation and verified via DNA analysis? I don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
reply to post by xuenchen

that was fast!

can you cite which document you pulled that from so i can read it further? There are many, many pages to scroll through, from several different PDFs.

from the link you cited: www.ancestry.com...

.... then click the orange rectangle "View Documents" .....

my quote shows there.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So, again, why is it hard to believe that a copy of a document was made in 1827? Is that the entire crux of your argument claiming this isnt real? ha people didnt make copies in the 1800s?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

So, again, why is it hard to believe that a copy of a document was made in 1827? Is that the entire crux of your argument claiming this isnt real? ha people didnt make copies in the 1800s?

I am interested in the "reason" it was "copied".

What was the importance at the time ??

Land dispute ?

Identity dispute ?

New library somewhere ?

The names "Bunch" and "Punch" ???

Sounds funny.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

I am interested in the "reason" it was "copied".

What was the importance at the time ??

Land dispute ?

Identity dispute ?

New library somewhere ?

The names "Bunch" and "Punch" ???

Sounds funny.

"Sounds funny" Why? People copy documents all the time. Why is this 'funny'?

Be honest, you think Obama went back in time, dont you?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
*Yawn* How exactly is this a political move to get votes during an election year? I mean what is this going to change about how people perceive him? I mean a lot of people feel like he neglects his european ancestry, now that he explored it, he still loses? The man cannot win, lol.

I think this was because he felt some of the black voter base might be slipping away.

Obama seems to be in panic mode, and is doing anything to garner any vote he can get. There are many black people that still feel they are owed something due to the slavery/reparition thing even though they had no direct connections to it.

Basically, it was an attempt to make him "more black" than white, IMO.

Consider this. Obama has money. Look what his wife wore to the Olympics. A $6,000 jacket, while the media taunted Ann Romney for a $900 shirt, saying she was out of touch. The obvious media bias is astounding.

Now, consider how the poor black voter base sees this? Can you imagine their parties and jet setting is winning them any favorites? They are swinging with Hollyweirds while people are living off food stamps and unable to find jobs. Not everyone is happy to linger on welfare. People do have pride, and I can assure you that his refusal to address the economy and jobs is coming back to him from his voter base. And, as we know, people are not donating to the Obama campaign like before.

Lots of reasons to make him "more black", and he has used the race card often and hits with it when politically convenient.

This may backfire, however, because there is more than one genealogy website, and obviously more than one family member from the Bunch family has felt inclined to publish websites.

Independent investigation may well show, as in the previous post I made, there may be no links at all, and it is all a fabrication, like much of this mans' life. But again, you can't blame Obama, can you? Just some Geneaology website, if it turns out to be "mispoken".

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

I think this was because he felt some of the black voter base might be slipping away.

Obama seems to be in panic mode, and is doing anything to garner any vote he can get. There are many black people that still feel they are owed something due to the slavery/reparition thing even though they had no direct connections to it.

Most African Americans can trace their routes back to slavery and are direct descendants of slaves. They are owed something, the American government never made things right. Even after slavery when slaves were promised land most of them never got it. Not to mention that after slavery they were lynched, beaten, and had to fight to get equal rights in a society that was built on their backs. And there were black soldiers who were promised a free education through the GI bill and were denied it after they came home. The American government had many chances to make things right with African Americans and they never have.

Basically, it was an attempt to make him "more black" than white, IMO.

Consider this. Obama has money. Look what his wife wore to the Olympics. A $6,000 jacket, while the media taunted Ann Romney for a $900 shirt, saying she was out of touch. The obvious media bias is astounding.

Now, consider how the poor black voter base sees this? Can you imagine their parties and jet setting is winning them any favorites? They are swinging with Hollyweirds while people are living off food stamps and unable to find jobs. Not everyone is happy to linger on welfare. People do have pride, and I can assure you that his refusal to address the economy and jobs is coming back to him from his voter base. And, as we know, people are not donating to the Obama campaign like before.

Obama's "blackness" has never really been called into question by black voters. Especially after how hes been treated these past four years. If anything black voters would be more likely to identify with him based on a the plethora of things he has had to deal with that a white president would not. The "blackness" issue is more or less something white Americans struggle with. The media tries to hype it up sometimes but its a non issue for black Americans.

The cost of what the Obama's were wearing is irrelevant, they are they first family, its expected for them to wear expensive clothing. Should the president be going abroad representing America in a jacket from Wal-Mart? I doubt any black voters no matter what their income level is would care about that. But even if black voters across all income levels were losing faith in Obama, do you really think they would vote for Romney? Lol, Obama is not in trouble with black Americans. Jet setting and partying with hollyweirds? Ummm, you'd have to give me some sources for that. Please make sure the "jet setting" was not for diplomatic reasons or a vacation and that the partying with the "hollyweirds" was not just a dinner or fundraiser.

Refusal to address the economy? That has been one of the biggest issues of his term. Hes tried a few things here and there to create jobs and put money into the economy. But thats out of his hands for the most part. No president is an economist, they listen to the experts and look at the evidence and try to make the best decision. If anything, Bernake is to blame for the economy.

Lots of reasons to make him "more black", and he has used the race card often and hits with it when politically convenient.

I don't really see how this is making him "more black." In order to get to his ties to slavery you have to go through his white mother. Thus you would have to acknowledge that part of his heritage is European. Which kind of goes back to my original comment. He cannot win lol. He acknowledges his black side, hes making himself seem "more black." He acknowledges his white side, hes making himself seem "more black."

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

His democrat voters are slipping away. A slave risen from poverty to be a millionaire makes him look like a working man. He's not. Niether is Romney. It's all smoke and mirrors to avoid the real issues and manipulate the election, which is a joke this term.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel

The connection comes from the lineage of his Caucasian mother from Kansas.

Obama's ancestor, John Punch, came to Virginia sometime before 1640 as a slave. That year, he was captured in Maryland trying to escape, and brought back to Virginia where a court ordered him into permanent slavery. Punch had children with a white woman who passed her "free "status along to their offspring, who later became successful landowners.

source

Does anyone actually believe this one? This guy's lies around his birth, lineage and whatnot is getting old. Didn't he say he was a descendant of a slave owner last time? On that note, I'm descended from the easter bunny! Vote for me!
edit on 30-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

Nope, don't believe he was, it's just a vote getting ploy because his campaign is caving in on itself. Apart from that most people at one time were the slave of someone else, and all of us are their descendents. So this is really no news at all. Are we now supposed to feel sorry for him ? I don't think so.

edit on 31-7-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Genealogy is a big hobby of mine.

European Whites and African Americans have "interacted" since the early 1600's in America.

Recent research has revealed that a large percentage of "Whites" in the USA carry African American DNA, best estimates at 22%...roughly the same for the reverse.

During slavery if a child was born to a mixed "union"...the doctor/parents would determine if they were light enough to be considered white and if so they were raised as white by plantation owners, married white etc.

It is not unusual...about 1 in 5 "whites" in the United States have African-American genealogy somewhere in there past.

Try this...going back to the 1600's...10 or 11 generations..

4 Grandparents...8 G- Grantparents...16 G-G-Grandparetns....32 G-G-G-Grandparents...64...128...256...512...1024....2048

SO in the 1600's you had maybe 2000-4000 10th/11th generation G-Grandparents.

Think maybe one of them might have been of mixed race? In the USA the odds are about 1 in 4 for self declared whites. Likely much higher for families that have been here going back a couple hundred years.

As for African Americans...there is a reason that African Americans have a lighter skin tone than Africans.

African Americans and european whites have been in close proximity for almost 400 years.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Anything Obama's name is connected to
is fodder for his enemies huh?
Literally anything.

Are we gonna look back to 1827 and find a juicy nugget
that shows Obama's ancestors were bad people?
It's amazing the search that goes on to show him
in a bad light.
Ridiculous.

Anything to stop him from being elected.
If as much effort was put into finding a competent Republican
nominee They'd have a chance. But that's tough,
because you actually have to come up with a plan
to help the USA. Not just billionaires.

After he wins the election, since he wont be able to run again
we will see the word impeachment more than we ever have for any president
(including Clinton)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The website released the information, not the President.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

ANd in your world, you can't be decended from both, why?

Ever do genealogy? You can find some amazing things. Recently found out my stepfather is a close cousin to the Beach Boys and didn't even know it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AnarchysAngel

Which family came in right after yours? Are you a re professional genealogist?

Was it his maternal grandfather, maternal grandmother, paternal grandfather, or paternal grandmother's family that came in after yours?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Tomorrow if he admits he likes eating Twizzlers, he is a horrible person, promotes obesity, and is only doing it for political gain.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchysAngel

Does anyone actually believe this one? This guy's lies around his birth, lineage and whatnot is getting old. Didn't he say he was a descendant of a slave owner last time? On that note, I'm descended from the easter bunny! Vote for me!
edit on 30-7-2012 by AnarchysAngel because: (no reason given)

Lots of people are descendants of both slaves and slave owners.
Most 8th graders know that I think.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Are their really people stupid enough to let something ridiculous like this effect their opinion of him? I mean is there really people out there that dislike obama, gonna turn around and like him, or vice versa because of this kind of irrelevant information?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

There is primary level of documentation, that you really only need one of, such as birth certificates, death certificates, and such.

Then there is secondary level of documenation, such as government records such as these, you need to have several of those to be considered conclusive. Three is enough to be considred valid.

It is not a law of course, but the rules that serious genealogists go by.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

If the government is going to start paying back ancient debts, I believe there are a great many people first in line for things to be made right.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Orrrr,

the facility holding the document does not release it, therefore, the person doing the research was given a copy.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join