It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of many personal things I cant explain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
First off Im a dumb grunt so my grammer is horrible. So bear with me. Also this is my first thread and not sure where to post this?

This is just the earliest of many weird things that has happend to me, I will tell more later on. First some back story. I grew up in Tuckerton, N.J. When I was around 5 my mother, father, older sister, and younger brother moved into a brand new just built house on a cul da sak in a new neighborhood . All our neighbors moved in around the same time. Across the street and at the end of the cul da sak was woods then about 1/2 mile back was wetland.

Since we moved into this new house I always felt uneasy. Since I felt creeped out I always slept with my door open with the hall light on. I still remember this stuff like it was yesterday. Well one night or early morning I woke up from a dead sleep. I looked over at my doorway and this thing was standing there. Looked like a midgett, it was about 3 ft tall. I could only see a outline because of the hall light coming from behind it. It couldnt be my brother since he was 1yrs old. Well I went under the covers and thought should I stay here or do I attack it. When I lifted back up the covers it was gone and the sun was coming through the windows. It was pitch black out a few min before. Now the part that creeps me out to this day.

There was always weird stuff goin on in that house, hearing someone whisper my name in my ear, stuff falling in my closet at night, to something tapping on my bunk bed stand when im trying to sleep. Fast foward a few years. My brother and I now share my room, he sleeps on the bottom bunk and I sleep on top.

This might sound unbelievable, it even does to me when I remember it but I swear on everything important to me im not making this up. One night I woke woke up and when I o[en my eyes I noticed my face was about a inch from the ceiling (I normally have enoungh room on my bunk to sit straight up). When I was totally aware that something wasnt right I dropped. but when I dropped I wasnt over my bed I was about 2 ft away from my bed. I tried to grab the railing the saftey railing to the bed but I was only able to grab it with one arm and it slipped off and I hit the floor.

I went into my parents room and woke them up I told them what happend and they just said ok sleep in here tonight. When I woke up the next morning I tried telling them again but they didnt believe me. I even had a long scratch on my arm from when I tried to grab the railing. I didnt sleep in that room for about a year. We finally moved about 10 yrs after that. I never felt the way in that house in any other house.

I told my older sister about this a couple of years ago. She believed me but she never had anything weird happen to her or neither has my brother. Im wondering if it could be because that land our neighborhood was built on Lenni Lenape land. heres a link to the area I lived. We had these clam shell piles in the wetlands near our house, we used to take the clam shells and skip them across the water. I kinda find it hard to believe a indian ghost was haunting me but we were the first to live in that house.

www.waymarking.com... kerton_NJ

Any thoughts would be helpful. its been 20yrs since this and it still haunts me everyday. I am terrified of ghost, If I was in a 5 story builing and I seen a spritr or ghost I would dive out of the window to get away from it. I dont wanna say thats what it was though.

Oh btw this the gray area forum but I always thought it was spelled grey. I might have been spelling it wrong my whole life

edit on 30-7-2012 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

What an interesting story! I imagine that would have been a terribly scary experience. It would freak me out as an adult, in fact, I wonder if you managed it better as a child than you would have if you had been an adult at the time? I fell out of the bed as a kid, a couple of times, but not from near the ceiling above the height of a bunk bed! Didn't you have the wind knocked out of you? I am surprised you didn't crack a rib or something, from that height.

You used "bear with me" properly instead of saying "bare with me" which I have seen multiple times in the past week, and which has been driving me crazy, so your grammar is not nearly as bad as you thought. I'll let you slide on the other minor items, just for sparing us that pain!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gwynnhwyfar

Thanks for the compliment, but I know my grammer and spelling is bad.

Tell you the truth I cant remember if I was terrified, how I landed when I hit the ground or if I had the wind knocked out of me. I do remember grabbing my blanket before going in my parents room. I cant remember alot of things that happend in my tours in Iraq but I can still remember this like it just happend.

I think we are alot braver as kids. If that happend to me know I would be shooting up my whole house( btw I sorta did when something strange happend when I moved to Mississippi, buts that another story. lol)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I agree with the above that it's an interesting story. I believe ya, too. I don't think it was a "ghost" however, but more in line with the Trickster archetype as well as the elusive abduction phenomenon seeing as how the outlined figure was 3 ft tall.

I mean it could've been the ghost of an Indian midget, but...

Check out this book if you get a chance: The Trickster & The Paranormal
edit on 30-7-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Pretty interesting story there. I wouldn't be so afraid of ghosts they can't really do anything to ya from what I hear. Demons and or inter-dimensional entities are different I suppose, but the more you fear the worse it becomes, they feed on that stuff.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I might have to check that out. I have no idea what that thing was looking at me in the doorway or if it was even related to me being pushed against the ceiling. Lol "indian midget ghost" never thought of that

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Maybe you tapped into your inner psychokinetic superpower during a particularly disturbing nightmare, and literally fell out of touch with it when things got weird. IMHO. Hope you find peace.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PrestonSpace

Just something scares me about something being here that shouldnt be, think about if it wanted to harm you then how would you defend yourself. I know they say its the living you gotta watch out for, well I can shoot the living but I dont think that will work so well with the non living ( trust me ive tried it and I ended up with 7 holes in a door, holes in my Igloo Cooler, and holes in the wall opposite the door) But I can understand somthing feeding of your fears. The moment I stepped in that house I felt affraid, I still get a bad feeling when seen that house when I went to NJ back to visit friends and neighbors a couple years ago.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by DondeEsta?

I dont really know what that is. I dont believe in psychics. but I guess anything is possible.

i didnt know what IMHO meant I had to google it. I always thought it meant "Im a Ho" but since that didnt make any sense with your reply I figured I should look it up. I feel dumb all this time I thought these girls were texting me something completly differant.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ussoldier

Oh btw this the gray area forum but I always thought it was spelled grey. I might have been spelling it wrong my whole life

Great story. When I used to watch "Lois & Clark" (the Superman version with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher)--sometimes Clark Kent slept above his bed like that. Is there something more you're not telling us?

Anyway, in reference to the above: "Grey" is the British English spelling; "gray" is the American English spelling. These days they're pretty much interchangeable in American English, although the British still stick to "grey."

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by PrestonSpace

I know they say its the living you gotta watch out for, well I can shoot the living but I dont think that will work so well with the non living ( trust me ive tried it and I ended up with 7 holes in a door, holes in my Igloo Cooler, and holes in the wall opposite the door)

Whoa, hold on a minute. Are you saying that you have shot at something that was not physically there? I enjoyed your original story (it got my arm hairs raised), but this part is very concerning to me. I'd like to hear more about that incident.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Very unique and terrifying thing to wake up to, for sure..

I used to have paranormal things happen many years ago, all of them at night while sleeping.. In one, I woke up because I felt like the bed was spinning, or that I was spinning, when I really wasn't physically spinning at all, but I could feel the centrifugal force and it affected me physically because it finally threw me out of bed with enough force to slam me against the wall..

I even gripped blankets trying to anchor myself when starting to be thrown and dragging all the covers with me, but it didn't slow me down at all..

The memory of this is absolutely clear to this day, and I remember laughing at loud and saying "Let's see you do that again" trying to act unafraid, but I was pretty afraid for weeks, but nothing happened again like that.. Other family members have experienced things in that house also..

My son says that 10 years ago, when he was only 15, something would push him at the exact time he was beginning to fall asleep, and he finally yelled at it, but it kept bothering him, so he went to a different room and slept, and it never followed him..

My younger son also had stuff happen to him there when he was only 12.. He would see a doppelganger of my sister and her cat would be following her, and she would stand in one spot and motion towards a cupboard and continue this for a long time..

He loved to sleep in a big lazy boy rocking chair that overlooked the living room and kitchen, and he would wake up from his upstairs bedroom and go down to this chair and fall asleep there every night for years.. But before he would fall asleep, this apparition of my sister along with her cat would walk into the room and go and stand by this cupboard at the entrance to the kitchen, and just motion towards it over and over and not stop, but it would be gone when he would wake up in the morning.

For some reason, he was never afraid of this in any way, even though it was highly strange. He said he always knew that it wasn't really his aunt but something else, but he didn't understand what it wanted and he would always just ignore it and go back to sleep...
He didn't even care..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

First off I like your avatar. I was a gunner on a Bradley or Brad as we called. I love the feeling of firing that 25mm. I hated getting those bradley bites, i still got scars on my arms and hands.

Also im not gun crazy, im very responsible and follow all our local laws. This was the second time I fired a personal weapon in defense, first time was about a month earlier during hurricane Katrina. I also see if I have a safe backdrop before firing, since noone lived behind me and the wall in my house were plaster and brick on the outside I knew the bullet wouldnt go through the house so I had no chance of hitting another house or person

I will get more into that incedent in another thread but I lived alone on the gulf coast and one night after work I was laying on the couch and heard something. sounded like someone walking in spare bedroom. I was a little nervouse cause thats where my gun cabinet is. Since I always have a pistol by me( G20- glock 10mm) I grabbed it and pointed it at the door thinking someone broke in waiting for someone to walk out. The sound of walking got louder and closer to the door, then the light turned on in there and I can see someone blocking out the light beneath the door as they walked by.

I called my neighbor and told him to come over with his shotgun. he came in and I quietly told him what was going on. I sarted walking towards the door but not in front of it just in case they would shoot through the door. I called out saying We are armed open the door halfway and stick your hands out first and then walk out. When I said that something made a crashing noise like the gun cabinet fell over. So thats when I ran at the door and started firing at the door and kicked it in.

There was nothing in the room. the window was still locked and shades will still down. That was the only way in our out. I know I wasnt crazy since my buddy seen the shadow under the door and heard the walking and crashing sound. There was a little more that happend but im saving that for a thread.
edit on 31-7-2012 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Thats some scary stuff. Something spinning me around would scare the blank outa me, let alone something pointing at a cabinet trying to get me to go there. i really do think we are braver as kids. Im 27 yrs old im still affraid of the dark, its so bad I sleep with a light on a flashlight next to me and when there is a storm coming I walk around with a flashlight just in case the power goes out. But im not affraid of the dark when im with a few people for some reason.

Alot of creepy things happend in that house my friends even said it was haunted. when I moved to Mississippi I felt totaly differant nothing creepy happend but after about 5 yrs there I slowly started getting that feeling back and creepy stuff started to happen

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

The only super power I have is being able to hold my breath underwater for a little over 5min, I only say thats a super power cause I smoked for 10yrs now. I also have the power to drive women away with 10min of talking to them.

I was born and raised in the USA and ive always spelled it grey. maybe because I always drink Earl Grey tea even when i was a child. I love that stuff

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

reply to post by DondeEsta?

I dont really know what that is. I dont believe in psychics. but I guess anything is possible.

i didnt know what IMHO meant I had to google it. I always thought it meant "Im a Ho" but since that didnt make any sense with your reply I figured I should look it up. I feel dumb all this time I thought these girls were texting me something completly differant.

OMG..... If I can stop laughing long enough I'll tell my story. But first, you did learn what IMHO means, right?
That's too funny!

Anyway.......... My cousin and I had this ghost that followed us from the age of 6 until our mid-teens. It would take turns being at her house, then mine. (Nice I got a break from it every other night!) When it was with me, it would open my closet door while I was reading in bed with the lights ON. It would scratch the bed railing that held the mattress from the head of the bed all the way to the foot of the bed. It would watch me, even though it didn't show itself to me until I was around 11 or 12. It stood peeping around the corner of the hallway at me when I was home alone.
One night it grabbed both my ankles, and started pulling me down the foot of the bed! I felt the hands firmly around my ankles, but no one was there!
I could always feel its presence, even when it didn't do anything, but watch me. It was so frightening for a young child with no one who believed us. My parents said it was my imagination. Never tell your child it is their imagination! These things were definitely NOT my imagination! I am 55 now, and I still stand by that statement!

It paid a visit to my cousin one night while she slept in her room. She said she felt "something" with her, and opened her eyes to see a small 3' elf-type figure standing right beside her bed grinning an evil grin, with the mouth going from ear to ear!
It said something to her, but I don't remember what that was, or what she did at that point.

You are not alone in these weird experiences. I have a whole thread over 60 pages of stuff like this being told by members on ATS. Where else could a person unburden their soul with these types of experiences to communicate with others who have had similar ones? I only found this place in February. It has been a god-send for me! Thanks ATS!

If you, or anyone else would like to read my thread, send me a PM ( that means personal message, OP) and I'll send you the link to the thread.

I enjoyed your story, and I believe you 100%. S&F for you, OP!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

You described exactly what was going on with me, but I never felt anything touch me. even when I was against the ceiling I didnt feel anything holding I just felt weightless, weird. Im very happy nothing ever grabbed me, 20 years of strange experiances it seems like whatever it is just likes messing with my head and scaring the crap outa me.

You and your cousin had joint custody of a ghost, I wonder why it would be doing that? I was thinking whatever it is was sorta playin with you until you said it grabbed you pull taht doesnt seem playful, then again when my sister was little I used to pull her around by her ankles. That small thing standing next to her must have been freaking scary, the way you described sorta sounds like this

Its strange that almost eveeryone had similar things happen to them. A few times when we were bored in Iraq we would talk about this stuff and I think they all had something like this happen, Even our Iraqi translator would tell us stuff that happend to him.

Google said IMHO means In My Humble Opinion, not sure if thats the only meaning. I knew what PM meant but I still dont know what OP stands for, I know that its what they call the person who started that thread. I hate acronyms, the military uses acronyms for everything. I cant fit anymore acronyms in my head.

Thanks for that story. I will have to check that thread out when I feel better, ate some bad sushi and was up all night throwing up. First time I been sick in 12yrs

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ussoldier

I think many of us had "visitors" or "strange experiences" a lot when we were children. The scariest things we always will remember just like it happened yesterday. It is nice to be able to share these experiences here at ATS and not be labeled as odd. Keep on sharing. Oh, and that acronym business, you are absolutely right! My son forgets when we are talking or texting, I feel so stupid when I have to ask "what does that mean?" I hope you feel better soon, keep on posting!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

You described exactly what was going on with me, but I never felt anything touch me. even when I was against the ceiling I didnt feel anything holding I just felt weightless, weird. Im very happy nothing ever grabbed me, 20 years of strange experiances it seems like whatever it is just likes messing with my head and scaring the crap outa me.

You and your cousin had joint custody of a ghost, I wonder why it would be doing that? I was thinking whatever it is was sorta playin with you until you said it grabbed you pull taht doesnt seem playful, then again when my sister was little I used to pull her around by her ankles. That small thing standing next to her must have been freaking scary, the way you described sorta sounds like this

Its strange that almost eveeryone had similar things happen to them. A few times when we were bored in Iraq we would talk about this stuff and I think they all had something like this happen, Even our Iraqi translator would tell us stuff that happend to him.

Google said IMHO means In My Humble Opinion, not sure if thats the only meaning. I knew what PM meant but I still dont know what OP stands for, I know that its what they call the person who started that thread. I hate acronyms, the military uses acronyms for everything. I cant fit anymore acronyms in my head.

Thanks for that story. I will have to check that thread out when I feel better, ate some bad sushi and was up all night throwing up. First time I been sick in 12yrs

I think the ghost originated at her house, but since I was the first to see it, it latched on to me, too. Or, it could be someone we both knew in a past life that didn't like either of us. I've been told my cousin and I share many past lives as sisters. I have no other explanation for it.

Yeah, I've seen IMHO used a couple of different ways... In My Honest Opinion, In My Humble Opinion
Also, OP means Opening Post, or Original Poster, so I was told when I first started here. I'm still a newbie, and learning a lot on how things operate here.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by normajean

I completly agree with you.

Im a skepticaI when strange things happen. try to find a rational answer for those strange occurences, even when I cant I still dont like saying its paranormal, probably cause I dont it freaks me out.

I know, sometimes my little sis will text me and i cant understand none of it. I will just text her back "k". that pisses her off so much when I do that, haha

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join