It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello to All!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well I have been a long time lurker....a really long time almost 10 years now. I still remember the first article I read on this site years ago.....Mico Black Hawk helicopters being put into our blood stream.

Anyways I have always enjoyed the absurd and unusual and there is always plenty of this here. My encouragement to post came today, when driving past the local hospital they were having a contamination/outbreak "training drill". Now I have lived here in SWFL for 8 years and have never seen one of these ever. There were national guard and local police all crammed into this little Helicopter landing spot. Very weird and no TV coverage. I almost flipped my lid when I noticed this driving to work this morning. So now I am wondering.

A little about my self I run my own Antique Gun restoration shop out of my garage nothing modern all strictly 1898 and before. Mostly do a lot of timing and barrel linings on old S&W and Colts. My real job is as a corporate slave 6 Days a week 10 hours a day. I love management.

Well see you in the forums
Sullivan

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JValhalla

Hi there, welcome to ATS! I love all things hand-crafted, and although I am not a gun owner and politically speaking, I am not a fan of the idea that citizens should be allowed to own hordes of automatic weapons, I have observed that many antique guns are things of great beauty and craftmanship. So, for that reason, I think your side job is awesome! Especially when the craft comes with a love of history, which it sounds like you have, and hopefully you will share some interesting things with us...

I would love to see some pics of your work. Do you sell to many of the re-enactment folks, or is it mostly for your own collection?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Sullivan. Cool sounding store you have.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hello Sullivan! Welcome!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

Hi there, welcome to ATS! I love all things hand-crafted, and although I am not a gun owner and politically speaking, I am not a fan of the idea that citizens should be allowed to own hordes of automatic weapons, I have observed that many antique guns are things of great beauty and craftmanship. So, for that reason, I think your side job is awesome! Especially when the craft comes with a love of history, which it sounds like you have, and hopefully you will share some interesting things with us...

I would love to see some pics of your work. Do you sell to many of the re-enactment folks, or is it mostly for your own collection?

I do one on one work mostly they are all family heirlooms that got passed down generation to generation. Back then people thought old firearms wouldn't be worth anything. Kept in attics and crawls spaces. In Florida the humidity can destroy metal and wood in a heart beat. I deem most of the firearms I work on obsolete with no purpose except display and family pride. I recently did a old Musket that someones Grandfather fought with in the civil war, at that point in time it was deemed obsolete. I love history and feel this can be my contribution to preserve it.
edit on 30-7-2012 by JValhalla because: Omitted text

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS. We're getting into musket loading deer hunting season here in my neck of the woods. I like the old guns, they make it a level playing field with the local game. Everyone should have to do it the old way a time or two, to really appreciate the sport of hunting.

I look forward to meeting you in the forums.....

Des

edit on 30-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Welcome JValhalla

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice, you will find numerous threads to choose from to add your thoughts to. Once you have achieved the minimum of 20 post replies, you will be able to create your own threads in their appropriate areas & additionally send & receive messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Hey New Members!! Come here if you need advice
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Please have fun, ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! But be aware if you act in an uncivil-like manner, discuss personal illicit drug usage, use profanity, troll, intentionally spread a hoax, spam, advertise and/or get verbally abusive, you will be removed off the ride by a Moderator. This is for your safety, & also for those both young and old on the ride with you.

So buckle up, keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun and "Deny Ignorance"...!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by JValhalla

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

I do one on one work mostly they are all family heirlooms that got passed down generation to generation. Back then people thought old firearms wouldn't be worth anything. Kept in attics and crawls spaces. In Florida the humidity can destroy metal and wood in a heart beat. I deem most of the firearms I work on obsolete with no purpose except display and family pride. I recently did a old Musket that someones Grandfather fought with in the civil war, at that point in time it was deemed obsolete. I love history and feel this can be my contribution to preserve it.
edit on 30-7-2012 by JValhalla because: Omitted text

That sounds wonderful, good for you! It is so great that you get to work on something so unique. I love both the metal and wood work on antique firearms. You really should post some info about the restoration process, I am sure many of us would love to read about it and view examples.

Again, welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Welcome on ATS!

Hope you'll find what you look for

We're all here to help each other

UD

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

a corperate slave.... arent we all. otherwise you'd be a corporate owner, i prefer to be a slave

top topics

join