It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that people think we cannot CRITICIZE ISRAEL? Israel is NOT A RELIGION, It's a Nation..wi

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Where did I say anything negative towards Palestine? I actually feel sorry for them, they are used as pawns by the surrounding Arab countries.

It is not Arab countries who has built the fence around, created check points and oppress palestinians in every way, taking all of their rights and building settlements on occupied territories.

Do you feel sorry for settlers who sleep on land that DOES NOT BELONGS to them?? I do...

The entire point of threads like this is to further the Arab agenda to destroy Israel.

No one is calling for destroy of Israel. Just give Palestinians back their land and rights, and demolish all unlawfully built settlements. Sure Palestinian people would welcome that and prosper for sure much better then Israel.

While we talking about this, just before 9/11 in 2001, there was world conference against racism that was boycotted by USA and Israel. Do you wonder why? Reason is rather simple, by all definitions, this whats going in Israel is RACISM, at it's worst.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What would lead you to believe that I don't care? I asked if i missed something(in response to someone else).
It's an honest question. That's one of the ways I learn things, asking questions and doing research. I am aware of the fact that there are always, at very least, two sides to a story.
Would you not concede that both sides, in this case, are capable of spreading propaganda?
I would be happy to continue a respectful dialogue with you.
All I ask is that you show a little class and refrain from judging me for questioning what seems to be the status quo in some circles.
Does trying to sort this huge mess out automatically make me a Zionist apologist in your eyes?

Thanks for providing info on Res 478.
I understand why this would be a contentious issue. Apparently both parties would like to claim Jerusalem as their own.
While Israel has declared that a unified Jerusalem is its capital,
The Palestinian authority has declared Jerusalem as an Arab, Palestinian and Islamic holy city, as well as the future capital of a Palestinian State.
Considering the religious significance for both, would you be okay with Jerusalem belonging to nobody?
Do you support a two-state solution?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The biggest problem I see is the failure to accept the real threat that is forming in the Islamic world. MANY muslim countries are working together to form an Arab version of the EU. Islamic law and Jihad allows muslims to kill and steal the goods of any non muslim. It recommends war as a form of gathering wealth through bounty and sexual slaves. People need to take a step back and become familiar with the ideology that is forming all around us. If there are any countries that need partnership to ensure mutual survival against this looming Islamic power that is only gaining strength it's Israel and the United States. As soon as this resurrected Arab union of nations is formed you can kiss Israel goodbye and then you can enjoy all the terrorism Israel has suffered on US soil.

Israel and the US are aligned to defend each other against a common threat.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Correct which is why I think the countries of Iran, Iraq and other Arab nations are plain violent and dangerous.

There... and didn't mention Islam once!

I think you get my point.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rootbranch2012

I don't think the families of murdered Palestinians feel very blessed, and remember that some of them are followers of Jesus Christ, so you need to re-examine your theology. God was speaking of Israel, not the Jews...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

This is another line that is always used in these threads. Criticizm of Israel does not equal hate of Israel. That being said, Israel has been exposed as the Apartheid state that it is. If you don't like that then too bad, sometimes the truth hurts.

There are plenty of threads agains Iran, China, Russia, Syria and you never hear "this is just another hate Iran thread". The only other country who is immune from criticizm on ATS is the USA. Just another USA bashing thread

I disagree, we don't slam other countries as we do Israel. We don't have people constantly post everything that they can use as propaganda towards their anti-Israel agenda. It's like a constant flow here on ATS and there are so many other countries that do much worst.

Case in point...With all these people who post about Israel go look at their history and you will see nothing but Israel posts. They are not reporting anything else around the world, and that my friend I see as anti-Israel propaganda...hence why I say "oh another I hate Israel thread..."

It's the Middle East and if one looks around there you just might find that they are all crazy and Israel is no worse than all the other countries around them...then we can look at many countries in Africa that makes the Middle East pale in comparison in just how crazy a group of people can get.

But we don't and we just play a broken record about Israel...really makes me wonder where these posts are coming from...

edit on 1-8-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Yeah. It's difficult to be blessed when all you want to do is destroy, rape, pillage, torture and maim. Next thing you know everything goes wrong, from droughts, to insanity, to wildfires to well, just about every curse under the sun. I see it happen all the time. And is sure ain't reserved for the *Palestenians* either. It goes alllllll the wayyyy across the board. In every corner. You never know what you're gonna get.

reply to post by Lazarus Short

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh liberal. Can't tell the difference even between a mangod and the actual Creator.

reply to post by Pedro4077

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
You know why this is, of course - it's due to jealousy. Simple as that. Why? I have no idea. But it goes way, way back 2,000 years. J.e.a.l.o.u.s.y cloaked in *rationale* and *concern*.

reply to post by Xtrozero

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
A Few Forgotten Facts

1. Israel became a nation in 1312 BCE, two thousand years before the rise of Islam.

2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.

3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE, the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.

4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 CE lasted no more than 22 years.

5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.

6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.

7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem.

8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.

9. In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.

10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution, and slaughter.

11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.

12. Arab refugees were intentionally not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own people's lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.

13. The Arabs are represented by eight separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.

14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.

15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.

16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.

17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.

18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.

19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.

20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like a policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall.

reply to post by SuperFrog

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
On that day, God made a covenant with Abram, saying: “To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt as far as the great river the Euphrates. The land of the Kenites, Kenizites, Kadmonites; the Chitties, Perizites, Refaim; the Emorites, Canaanites, Giga#es and Yevusites.” (Genesis 15:18-21)

“And I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your temporary residence, all the land of Canaan as an eternal possession and I will be a God to them.” (Genesis 17:8)

Originally posted by SuperFrog

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately you're looking to the wrong place for the threat of Islam. Right now, wherever you are outside of the Middle East there are hundreds of thousands of Muslims in sleeper cells, ready to heed the call to slaughter the infidels. ALL of them. And I really hate to break it to you, but they despise the Xtians and the liberals even more than they detest the Jews.

infidelsarecool.com...

reply to post by libertytoall

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
IlUmiNati

Originally posted by glasshouse
Did I miss something?

Yes, you have miss this: United Nations Security Council Resolution 478.

Annexation of occupied territory by Israel, yesterday mentioned by Romney. Should I mention reaction of rest of the world, or you don't care?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Numbers 24

5 How goodly are thy tents, O Jacob, thy dwellings, O Israel! 6 As valleys stretched out, as gardens by the river-side; as aloes planted of the LORD, as cedars beside the waters; 7 Water shall flow from his branches, and his seed shall be in many waters; and his king shall be higher than Agag, and his kingdom shall be exalted

reply to post by iIuminaIi

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by JRockABM

Hey you dont say that! You will face curse!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
When the Muslim Bros make good on their word and start the Jihad in Anytown, USA, where will you run to? Who will help you?

edit on 1-8-2012 by rootbranch2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

reply to post by iIuminaIi

Shhhh...it is ok. I am gonna log off for the day, you and your buddies can go back to your sales pitch.

U mad bro

I'm off to work but it's not in sales.

See you later

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

A Few Forgotten Facts

reply to post by SuperFrog

What are you getting at?

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times.[7] The oldest part of the city was settled in the 4th millennium BCE.[1] In 1538, walls were built around Jerusalem under Suleiman the Magnificent. Today those walls define the Old City, which has been traditionally divided into four quarters—known since the early 19th century as the Armenian, Christian, Jewish, and Muslim Quarters.[8] The Old City became a World Heritage site in 1981, and is on the List of World Heritage in Danger.[9] Modern Jerusalem has grown far beyond its boundaries.

Jerusalem has been the holiest city in Jewish tradition since, according to the Hebrew Bible, King David of Israel first established it as the capital of the united Kingdom of Israel in c.1000 BCE, and his son, King Solomon, commissioned the building of the First Temple in the city.[10] In Christian tradition, Jerusalem has been a holy city since, according to the New Testament, Jesus was crucified there, possibly in c.33 CE,[11][12][13] and 300 years later Saint Helena identified the pilgrimage sites of Jesus' life. In Sunni Islam, Jerusalem is the third-holiest city.[14][15] In Islamic tradition in 610 CE it became the first Qibla, the focal point for Muslim prayer (Salah),[16] and Muhammad made his Night Journey there ten years later.[17][18] As a result, despite having an area of only 0.9 square kilometres (0.35 sq mi),[19] the Old City is home to many sites of tremendous religious importance, among them the Temple Mount, the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Dome of the Rock and al-Aqsa Mosque.

* en.wikipedia.org...

Your facts don't work well with history, and most importantly don't approve violence today.

ps. In the future would be nice if you can state resources for your facts. This will improve conversation and you might decide not to post some of fabrications you did in that post.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Indians went through an extermination type holocaust too and you don't see them causing problems the way the Israeli's constantly do! I'm 5th Mohawk Indian, so I do have a deep cited hate for the constant # treatment i got my whole life, along with same for the tribes of this country that once were. At least you Israelites got a country, the Indians just got a reservation, bitch! Guess that is what happens when you let people who say they are fighting for God, yet murder and kill the whole #ing way, proves that they are actually doing Satan's bidding. God job to the Satanists...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

On that day, God made a covenant with Abram, saying: “To your descendants I have given this land, from the river of Egypt as far as the great river the Euphrates. The land of the Kenites, Kenizites, Kadmonites; the Chitties, Perizites, Refaim; the Emorites, Canaanites, Giga#es and Yevusites.” (Genesis 15:18-21)

“And I will give to you and to your descendants after you, the land of your temporary residence, all the land of Canaan as an eternal possession and I will be a God to them.” (Genesis 17:8)

The problem with quoting Scriptural "pieces/parts" to support your theo-illogical stance, is that you may have missed the bigger picture. I have have read on in the story, and know beyond the shadow of a doubt that these promises were made as YHWH was courting His future Bride, Israel. The land was a sort of dowry, but in time, after they eloped at Sinai, Israel sinned and went whoring after other gods/husbands. YHWH properly divorced her and kicked her out of the house (land of Canaan). Neither Israel nor Judah nor the Jews have any claim to the land from the standpoint of the land covenant. The covenant will not be renewed until Jesus takes the bride as His again, and that is yet future. The Jews have cleverly set themselves up as the fulfillers of prophecy, and subverted theologians, Bible teachers, Sunday school lesson-writers, and many others. It strikes me as more than coincidence that Christianity has been on the decline since 1948, and it seems the USA has been too, even though Israel-Firsters insist that if we support Zionist-Occupied Palestine, we will be blessed. Come again? Clearly, we are cursed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join