It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is it that people think we cannot CRITICIZE ISRAEL? Israel is NOT A RELIGION, It's a Nation..wi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've wondered why in the US, it is considered "antisemitic" to publicly speak out about Israel, like why can't I just say --- Israel in public, without being considered "hateful".

Truth is, most Americans....even Jewish Americans DON'T know the difference between a Religion and a Nation! I currently live in Los Angeles which has a HUGE Jewish population. I have plenty of friends that are Jewish...but WHY is the DEFINITIONS so cloudy when it comes to the Jewish culture. First off, being a Jew...is a RELIGION. A Black person can be Jewish (Sammy Davis Jr). If you don't like Jews...it has nothing to do with RACE, it has to do with Religion! It has to do with how the Religion carries themselves...It has nothing to do with skin color or where you were born!

As for Israel, the topic of this thread, I think American need to wake up...and start questioning why our country is on the brink of WW3 for a NATION...not a race, not a religion. It is a country, with politicians, and a government that wants to go to war with Iran. Dragging the US into this war would be calling Russia and China's bluff on their support for Iran and the other nations that at conflict now (Syria for example)

Speak out...if you agree, let people know. Don't be dumbed down sheep scared to speak out about Israel and their politics. If a Jewish person get's offended, put them in their place...tell them to apply for citizenship in Israel and go fight that war by themselves if it's that important to them. Stop spending our troops lives, our tax dollars, and stop acting like Israel is the "N" word of politics. Don't be bullied into putting a pacifier in your mouth when it comes to criticizing Israel...if their POLICIES SUCK...SPEAK OUT!

I'll say it loud.. ---- Israel!

Have a nice day!
edit on 30-7-2012 by alien because: ...censor circumvention removed...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JRockABM

like why can't I just say --- Israel in public, without being considered "hateful".
I don't know why either. I say that to all the people I love and respect. Everybody knows that's what you say to people you don't hate.

First off, being a Jew...is a RELIGION. A Black person can be Jewish (Sammy Davis Jr). If you don't like Jews...it has nothing to do with RACE, it has to do with Religion!
I'd hate to dislike Jews for the wrong reason.

It has to do with how the Religion carries themselves
And how should a Religion carry themselves?

I have plenty of friends that are Jewish...
You probably won them over by saying "F Israel," loudly and clearly. I think I'll go down to my synagogue and see how it works for me.

If a Jewish person get's offended, put them in their place. . .
Yup, that's the ticket, offend a Jew and then put 'em in their place.

OK, I'm all for criticizing any country's government which doesn't meet my standards. But, I can't recall seeing a thread like yours, and I hope I don't have nightmares over it.

edit on 30-7-2012 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It's because if you let people remember that part of Israel is holy to the Jew, Christians and Muslims then the whole Israel is for the Jews rant loses steam. So they have to drive home the point that it's their holy land and belongs to them alone.

But you are right just look at what happens to college professors that criticize Israel in the classroom.

Daring to Criticize Israel

Addressing this issue responsibly risks rebuke, ostracism, or job loss. For some, it's a career ender. Scoundrel media writers and broadcasters are vulnerable. So are university professors. Joel Kovel lost his Bard College position for writing books like "Overcoming Zionism" and calling Israel "a machine for the manufacture of human rights abuses." DePaul University denied Norman Finkelstein tenure. It then fired him for speaking out and writing books like "The Holocaust Industry." Political activism and honesty about the Israeli/Palestinian conflict also cost tenured professor Denis Rancourt his University of Ottawa job. UCLA Professor David Delgado Shorter's now targeted. His academic freedom's at stake. On April 4, department chair Professor Angelia Leung rebuked him. She said his web site was being reviewed for posting inappropriate material pertaining to the academic and cultural boycott of Israel. More on that below.

Schools Not Teaching Pro-Israel Views To Lose Funding

Republican members of the Senate are planning to introduce police-state- style "thought control" legislation designed to prohibit criticism of Israel on American college campuses. The third-ranking Republican member of the U.S. Senate, conservative Rick Santorum (Pa.), plans to introduce so-called "ideological diversity" legislation that would cut federal funding for thousands of American colleges and universities if those institutions are found to be permitting professors, students and student organizations to openly criticize Israel, which Santorum considers to be an act of "anti-Semitism." Santorum wants to rewrite the federal funding formula under Title IX of the Higher Education Act to include "ideological diversity" as well as sexual equality in education as a perquisite for federal funding. Joining Santorum is another Senate conservative GOP stalwart -- and a leading pro-Israel ideologue -- Sen. Sam Brownback (Kan.) who has his own scheme to call for a federal commission -- critics call it a "tribunal" to be established under Title IX to "investigate" anti-Semitic incidents on American campuses.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Preachin to the choir brotha but its pointless to even try and have a normal debate about it with most people on here.
In their narrow minded eyes, if you attack Israel, then you are attacking Jews by proxy

The word "anti-semite" is over used, just like racist, nazi.. etc..

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have always known that the terrorist state of israel was a nation and not a religion.
They get away with alot as they fly under the guise of many banners, state, religion, ethnicity, Etc.
Screw the terrorist state of israel, I say stop all aid, financial and military goods and see just how "Gods chosen people" do.
There will still be enough jews and semites to go around, they won't go extinct.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

so let me get this straight, we can hate all other nations and religions except for Isreal and Jews? or else we will be considered.......

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
So we go from criticize Israel to:

I'll say it loud.. --- Israel!

I don't know, sounds rather hateful to me?

tell them to apply for citizenship in Israel and go fight that war by themselves if it's that important to them.

Well damn, sounds like you should move to Palestine yourself and fight those evil Jews.

But you know what, at the end of the day you have the right to say whatever you want - even if I don't agree with it. I wonder though, what kind of reaction I would get if I decide to criticize Palestine, Lebanon or other countries in the middle east that harbor terrorists and extremists.

Just joking, I know exactly what reaction I would get.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm right with you on this issue. I hear politicians talk about Israel as if it is relevant to our votes?? I couldn't give two s&%$s about Israel! And I damn sure don't want to start another useless "war" over Israel running their big mouths. F$#* Israel! I second that motion.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have never had an issue with saying eff Israel. I do make the distinction between rabid Zionism and Judaism. One is an apartheid government who commits constant human rights violations, acts of aggression towards their neighbors, and sucks off Uncle Sugar's teat for its parasitic existence. The other is an old, honorable religion.

Yet, our politicians are owned by Israel, and it is disgusting. Here's the latest to kowtow to Israel:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Hey, Thanks for the post.
I hear ya. Some people aren't able to make the distinction between Judaism and Israel. I think it's fair to say, as well, that there are some that aren't able to make the distinction between anti-semitism and anti-zionism. I definitely realize alot of people pull the anti-semite card(unfairly) on anyone that opposes zionism. That being said, do you believe the less educated can sometimes drift back and forth between anti-zionism and anti-semitism without even realizing it?
I am by no means accusing you of this, just wonderin what your thoughts are.

edit on 07/27/12 by glasshouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRockABM
I've wondered why in the US, it is considered "antisemitic" to publicly speak out about Israel, like why can't I just say ---- Israel in public, without being considered "hateful".

Truth is, most Americans....even Jewish Americans DON'T know the difference between a Religion and a Nation! I currently live in Los Angeles which has a HUGE Jewish population. I have plenty of friends that are Jewish...but WHY is the DEFINITIONS so cloudy when it comes to the Jewish culture. First off, being a Jew...is a RELIGION. A Black person can be Jewish (Sammy Davis Jr). If you don't like Jews...it has nothing to do with RACE, it has to do with Religion! It has to do with how the Religion carries themselves...It has nothing to do with skin color or where you were born!

As for Israel, the topic of this thread, I think American need to wake up...and start questioning why our country is on the brink of WW3 for a NATION...not a race, not a religion. It is a country, with politicians, and a government that wants to go to war with Iran. Dragging the US into this war would be calling Russia and China's bluff on their support for Iran and the other nations that at conflict now (Syria for example)

Speak out...if you agree, let people know. Don't be dumbed down sheep scared to speak out about Israel and their politics. If a Jewish person get's offended, put them in their place...tell them to apply for citizenship in Israel and go fight that war by themselves if it's that important to them. Stop spending our troops lives, our tax dollars, and stop acting like Israel is the "N" word of politics. Don't be bullied into putting a pacifier in your mouth when it comes to criticizing Israel...if their POLICIES SUCK...SPEAK OUT!

I'll say it loud.. ---- Israel!

Have a nice day!

Alright, I'm speaking out. I totally support Israel and it's right to exist. Not only that, but it's right to defend itself with any means possible to protect and ensure it's survival. There, I said it. I feel much better for speaking out now.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I totally support Israel and it's right to exist. Not only that, but it's right to defend itself with any means possible to protect and ensure it's survival.

Is it really about its "Right to Defend itself" or its right to install "Zionist Controlled Central Banks" in "Rogue States"

Funny how the first thing the ‘rebels’ did after they killed Gaddafi (with the aid of NATO) was install a central bank in Libya, owned by the Rothschild family. Since when did rebel fighters do central banking? Have I missed something here?

The Truth about Gadaffi and Libya
edit on 30-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

I get the feeling most Republican nominees, at least in part, go to Israel to kowtow to evangelicals more than anyone. Almost impossible to win without their support.Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's some other kowtowing going on as well

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Oh gee... another I hate Israel thread....

I guess if a group of people are persecuted for a 1000 years they get they own word for hatred against them... It actually means hatred towards all Semitic people but the German's coined it to mean Jew hated.

I really don't see the country of Israel as part of it though and anyone can disagree with Israel as they would any other country, but hatred towards Jews directly no matter what country they are from is considered anti-Semitism. It just a way to say you are predigest towards them just as a person who used the N word in a derogatory way and other offensive labeling towards blacks or whoever based on their race or religion would be considered predigest towards those groups too.

So I'm not sure your point...one is a group of people or persons and the other is a nation.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

So I guess this picture goes with the gist of this thread?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Oh gee... another I hate Israel thread....

I guess if a group of people are persecuted for a 1000 years they get they own word for hatred against them... It actually means hatred towards all Semitic people but the German's coined it to mean Jew hated.

I really don't see the country of Israel as part of it though and anyone can disagree with Israel as they would any other country, but hatred towards Jews directly no matter what country they are from is considered anti-Semitism. It just a way to say you are predigest towards them just as a person who used the N word in a derogatory way and other offensive labeling towards blacks or whoever based on their race or religion would be considered predigest towards those groups too.

So I'm not sure your point...one is a group of people or persons and the other is a nation.

What he is asking, is why is criticism of the Nation of Israel, automatically turned into "Bashing the Jews and being anti-Semitic". And he is absolutely correct. You can NOT criticize Israel pretty much anywhere without people crawling out of the wood work throwing around "oh your a bigot and you hate Jews and Nazi this and Nazi that".

If Israel simply has "the right to defend itself". Then let it. On its own. They certainly don't need our money (which Obama just increased by $70 million). They don't need our weapons. They don't need our soldiers and they certainly don't need our support. They should be able to handle themselves. I think if Israel would stop poking the hornets nest and then hiding behind its bodyguard United States, peoples opinion of that so-called Nation would be different.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

Why you edit your post to something totally different?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I don't want to derail the thread, but is there something new that the OP really wants to say? He creates a thread hating Israel, lots of other people sign up to follow along, yet the headline is "Why is it that people think we cannot CRITICIZE ISRAEL..." Clearly, people are criticizing Israel right and left, there's no dearth of criticism, so what's the point?

Unles perhaps, it's to encourage more people to hate Israel, which gets us back to my question. Why do you want us to hate Israel? Do you have sonething new, or is it the bankers, the Illuminati, media control, and the Palestinians again?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321

If Israel simply has "the right to defend itself". Then let it. On its own. They certainly don't need our money (which Obama just increased by $70 million). They don't need our weapons. They don't need our soldiers and they certainly don't need our support. They should be able to handle themselves. I think if Israel would stop poking the hornets nest and then hiding behind its bodyguard United States, peoples opinion of that so-called Nation would be different.

People criticize Israel all the time and I don't see Anti-Semite thrown around, but it usually doesn't stop or focus with criticizing a nation only. Throw us a bone with an example...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

This type of Self Defence doesn't help their cause.

edit on 30-7-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join