It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Bomb Threats last Friday night in mo.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I place this in New World Order forum because I have a big question as to the validity of this particular event.

I did not see anything about this on the search engine so excuse me if it has been posted as it is a couple days old at this point.

Now... I was in a Walmart in mo. on Friday night but was not interrupted by this disturbing event and did not even hear about this until just minutes ago even though in a rare instance have watched the local news over the weekend for weather reports.

My concern is that this could have been just another device to take away our rights and freedoms, scare the police force, and create fear and uneasiness in the public which leads to the cry for more protection from the bad guys.

But was it that or are people really going mad these days and just lashing out at innocent people in public places like copycats? I have seen that pattern before and know it is possible.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated.

MISSOURI (KCTV) -

At least eight Walmarts across Missouri have been evacuated Friday evening after bomb threats. Two of the stores are in the Kansas City area. Two and a half hours after the threats were called in, police declared the scenes as safe. THREE MORE OCCURRED IN EASTERN KANSAS EARLY SUNDAY. CLICK HERE TO READ THAT STORY. The Gladstone, MO, Walmart at 72nd and North Prospect Avenue was evacuated after police got a call of a bomb threat about 6:30 p.m. About the same time, the Raytown, MO, Walmart on Missouri Highway 350 near Raytown Road was evacuated for the same reason. Police said someone called in the bomb threat. Kansas City, MO, police as well as Olathe police volunteered their bomb and arson K-9 unit to help at the Kansas City area locations. Officers found nothing suspicious and let everyone back inside the big box store about 8:30 p.m. Media outlets in southern Missouri report that two Walmarts in Christian County have been evacuated due to bomb threats. Those stores are in Nixa and Ozark. Other media outlets are reporting the Walmart in Jefferson City was evacuated as well as the Walmart in St. Peters, near St. Louis. Just before 10 p.m., police confirmed that the Walmart in Piedmont also received a threat. At this time, it is unknown if police are investigating the threats as being connected.

www.kctv5.com...
edit on 30-7-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
It is summer time and it is possible it could have been a teenage prank, but with the phone monitoring systems and cameras these days at phone booth locations seems they would have caught the culprits already had it been a prank.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You forgot to add that Wal-Mart isn't very well liked by a lot of people for a lot of reasons. Doesn't stop them from shopping there, but by golly they'll bitch and moan through every dollar they save.

That, and some of those people will lash out with fake bomb threats just to disrupt things. People have been doing this sort of thing for decades to many different types of businesses. I wouldn't read too much into it if I were you. Not everything is a plot to take away our freedoms.

Screwed needs to come in and comment though. He's in St. Louis and he likes to keep it real.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Two stores received the threat around Springfield; Nixa and Ozark. Others may have but it did not prompt a widespread panic. For some reason they were not too concerned however some were evacuated briefly. (Info from store managers).

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

And if it were a prank, the pranksters should be aware that it is a Federal Offense punishable by the rest of their lives' freedom.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

I don't know if I have a unique perspective on this other than the fact that I live just outside of St. Louis and this type of thing is pretty common when it comes to kids trying to get out of school. They'll call in a bomb threat like it's nobodys buisness 'round these parts. (pppptt. spits chewin' t'bakkie into spitoon).
Back when I was in High School this was almost a weekly occurrence. Damn kids these days.

'Course, back in my day kids would do alot of things and it was mostly just laughed off as kids being kids.
Nowadays you'll get a 10 year prison rap and a felony conviction as a domestic terrorist for doing the same #.

Unfortunately, this could just as well have been adults but,
this really doesn't surprise me much. It is so easy to do and so hard to track.
I mean, all you need is a pay as you go phone and you're good to go I would think.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thanks for joining in, I to was thinking that they could have used a pay as you go phone. I guess all the paranoia about 'them' being able to track people is bogus huh? Seems like we discuss all the latest technologies 'they' can use against us but when it comes down to it they always drop the ball anyway.

Have you heard more about this? Or anything for that matter?

This is curious.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tallblondealien

Well, to do something like this is not a joke anyway you look at it. If it is a prank by kids thats one thing but it could have been a dry run for real terrorists too, anything is possible I suppose.

Perhaps they had a beef with walmart? Or had a GF/BF they wanted to get out of work?

I would like to find out if it is ever reported.

new topics

top topics

join