It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Kimmel Freemason Hollywood Building

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hello, ATS. This past weekend I was enjoying a beautiful sunny day in Hollywood taking pictures, riding on tour buses, and walking the streets.

As we stopped to take pictures I noticed the big banners outside a building that read "Jimmy Kimmel Show". Of course I was excited to take pictures in front of the building, and as I got closer I noticed at the top of the building it had a quote.

It wasn't just any quote, in fact it was a masonic quote. It read "Freemasonry build its temples among the nations and in the hearts of men".

At first I was a bit disturbed but then I noticed something else, it had the masonic "G" engraved on the side of the quote.

I was interested myself as to why Jimmy Kimmel would tape there, why the building had that quote, along with many other questions. I tried to do some research but not much came up. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Ohh pretty interesting.

See the cross on the left? Is freemasonry related to Christianity over there?

Or is it general?

Gonna help you search

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lsnypvcs

Freemason halls and buildings can be rented out to whomever wishes to use them. It's nothing sinister I assure you. We are a fraternity that is simply there to better our world one man at a time.

We did require Jimmy to sign in blood that he wouldn't reveal any of the secrets he learned while inside our building.

Muhahahahhahaha! No, not really.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Why is it so disturbing?

Freemasons are proud of their countries and proud of Freemasonry... It would make sense to have a Masonic relief carved into a Masonic building, IMO...

As to why kimmel is recording there, I have no idea. Old Masonic temples make good sound stages... A building in Canada owned by MTV is a good example of how an old temple could be easily retro fitted to become a production studio.

edit on 30-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The building was the old Hollywood Masonic Temple built in 1921. They sold it around 1982, and Disney bought it in 1998. (JKL started broadcasting in 2003; the lot is adjacent to the El Capitan Theater, also owned by Disney; Disney/ABC is the network that broadcasts JKL.)

It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. While Disney probably COULD have torn it down and built a new building in its place, there was a tax incentive to leave the historical building, and Disney (like all corporations) will do what it can to save money on things like that.

edit on 2012.7.30 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

[snip] A building in Canada owned by MTV is a good example of how an old temple could be easily retro fitted to become a production studio.

Let's get that fact straight. Not owned by MTV; owned by Bell Media which rebranded one of their specialty channels as MTV Canada to tart-up its profile. It's a Canadian business laziness that it's preferable to ape something popular from somewhere else rather than create something new here and build popularity. /derail

Fitz

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Why would this cause you to be disturbed?

Many Masonic buildings, Scottish Rite cathedrals and Shrine auditoriums are rented for shows and events.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Why would you be concerned?

I see gargoyles on buildings, paint schemes that are disgusting, my voter precinct is in a church, as are most voter precincts. There are MUCH BIGGER concerns about buildings that I can think of than whether or not a TV studio is in a building that might have once been inhabited by a boys fraternity.

I was present when we laid the Masonic cornerstone at a new elementary school here in my town, and now my two sons and nephew all go to school there, and it is a wonderful public school!! Made possible, in part, by Masonic contributions and activities.

$5 Million per day Masonic Conspiracy----- should we stop?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Many Masonic buildings, Scottish Rite cathedrals and Shrine auditoriums are rented for shows and events.
Hmmm.. those words—"Shrine auditorium"—they seem familiar.

Oh, yeah.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Hello, the building you are referring to is called "Hollywood Masonic Temple" or sometimes just Historic Masonic Temple. (The building is not currently owned by Masons in any form .. it is not rented or leased, it was sold in the 80's)

en.wikipedia.org...

By the late 1970s, Masonic membership had declined, and the Masons rented out ground-floor space to a restaurant. By 1982, the Masons were no longer using the building, and Hollywood Boulevard was becoming an eyesore. The Masons sold the building to singer Rosita LaBello who converted the structure into the Hollywood Opera & Theater Company.[3]

The building's life with LaBello's opera and theater company was short-lived, and in 1987 the building was renovated and reopened with much fanfare as the Hollywood Live Entertainment Pavilions. Detroit developer, James Hoseyni in alliance with Los Angeles based Iranian architect, Kamal Kamooneh and the support of Dr. Iraj Rafani, invested $1.5 million to convert the building into a versatile entertainment center including a cabaret, jazz club, and an 800-person dance club.[4] The lavish interiors of the original Blue and Red Halls were restored and adapted to accommodate a disc jockey's podium, special electronic and lighting equipment and bars.[4]
Renovation by Disney and Jimmy Kimmel Live

With the renovation of the El Capitan Theater next door in the early 1990s, Disney began leasing the building for special events, including its use as a "toy box" for the 1995 premiere of "Toy Story." In 1998, Disney purchased the building. In 2002, after extensive renovation, Disney reopened the building as the El Capitan Entertainment Centre. Disney restored original fixtures, including backlighted stone filigree, wrought iron torchieres, Batchelder tiles and old post boxes once used by Masonic officers.[3] As of 2008, ABC's late-night talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! originates from a studio in the building.

The building was abandoned by Masons int he 80's due to lack of members and funds. Surprising.
And was then converted into a club, till it was purchased by Disney and converted into studios. I'm at least thankful Disney opted to restore the building instead of refurnish it entirely and destroy the facade which was in disrepair.
edit on 7/31/2012 by Rockpuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: lsnypvcs
Hello, ATS. This past weekend I was enjoying a beautiful sunny day in Hollywood taking pictures, riding on tour buses, and walking the streets.

As we stopped to take pictures I noticed the big banners outside a building that read "Jimmy Kimmel Show".

I was interested myself as to why Jimmy Kimmel would tape there, why the building had that quote, along with many other questions. I tried to do some research but not much came up. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Every time I see Jimmy Kimmel's monologue, it reminds me of what Johnny Carson said about late night hosts who had no talent. He said they couldn't stand on their own and keep the audience entertained for 15 minutes.

Carson said non-talented hosts get political, or insult people for laughs.

That description fits Jimmy Kimmel to a tee. I don't think he could do his monologue without delving into politics of the day, or insulting political figures he doesn't agree with.

Jimmy Kimmel most likely has many skeletons he wants kept hidden.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 11:15 PM
link   
edit on 31-1-2022 by vNex92 because: Found the old thread by mistake, mods sorry. Please remove this post thanks.

top topics

join