It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

... Riddle me that!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Christians... Riddle me this... or Riddle me that... who can give answers to the Big purple Cat...Im back with another to tickle your brain... and IF you're on the wrong path it might drive you insane!

As you see from the Link... i do like to play... I left you a question, and then went away!

Came back to a war on my poor little thread!!

OmG what the hell!! How does a question create such a swell?

I traveled with friends to a place i call bliss... Wonderful music/machines... and i come back to This??!?

I ask you these questions not just to pass time... yet some take me as hostile so im switching to rhyme...

So here is the question im asking of you... I know the answer... do you know it too?

It is said he's "the truth, the life and the way"... but what does that mean to you? What do you say?

The ""Path" as he said, is Narrow at best... but how do we walk it? Where is there rest?

Do we rush off to church to sing/pray in his name? Even though Matthew 6 says beware of this fame?

Did he mean "read the book" there is nothing to hide... yet its said in one passage "its something inside"

Truely my friends i ask you this now... there is no harm intended... yes this is my vow.

but as usual i say to you... believe what you will...

Its only a question... so please try to chill...

edit on 30-7-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Sun.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Kittens.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Ive said it in past post.

I left a church based on the behavior shown in those pictures.

There is a church ministry Called "black Sheep" Started in this area, in order to be involved you HAVE to have a Harley Davidson.

Never mind the fact that each Harley had more chrome on it and mods on them...

Well When I question how following Christ involved a 15k toy, well I was ostracized in the "mens" group after that.

Guess my Questions convicted them a little too much...

The narrow path tends not to have million dollar homes, classic cars, and 15k in toys..
edit on 30-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Confusion...

Good rhyming though.......

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think the answer to this question is quite simple. Most will probably not agree.

That's ok, so begins WWII...

"Love others as I have loved you" That is the truth, the light and the way. It is a narrow path, and few there are that find it...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Ive said it in past post.

I left a church based on the behavior shown in those pictures.

There is a church ministry Called "black Sheep" Started in this area, in order to be involved you HAVE to have a Harley Davidson.

Never mind the fact that each Harley had more chrome on it and mods on them...

Well When I question how following Christ involved a 15k toy, well I was ostracized in the "mens" group after that.

Guess my Questions convicted them a little too much...

The narrow path tends not to have million dollar homes, classic cars, and 15k in toys..
edit on 30-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

...and Jesus said "go away, sell everything you have, and give the money to the poor."

...and the young man went away sad.

I don't actually know what the pictures above are about, but if the statement I've quoted is correct, then I agree with everything said. The path is narrow for the simple fact that we're called, as Christians, to live lives that are holy, and separated from the world, and separated to Christ. That's not an easy thing to do. It's also worth noting that it isn't just the road that's narrow, it's also the gate. When Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life", he also said "no man comes to the Father except through me".

The picture given in Scripture... the Biblical "type", if you're familiar with such things (types = patterns in scripture), or at least one of the types (there are many) is Noah's Ark. Worldwide judgement was coming - Noah preached that for hundreds of years - and God provided only one way for salvation from that judgement, the ark. Likewise in Christ, God has provided the means by which we must be saved ("there is only one name on heaven and earth by which men must be saved"); but that gate is narrow.

The truth is, all roads lead to God. You've heard that said, and you've heard Christians argue against it.
I tell you, and the Bible tells you, that all roads lead to God. Both the narrow and the broad roads have the same destination - God the Father. The problem is that one road leads to judgement and ultimately to hell (because unless the problem of sin is dealt with, God's righteousness means that we cannot be in His presence), while the narrow road leads to life in God's presence.

Hopefully that answers the question.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

You get a flag and a star for you nice little rhyme. The truth is simple, Jesus told us what it was. We are to love one another. If we truly love one another then we will bear the fruit of love. It says that where our treasure is there is our heart. If we as believers fail at that fundamental issue then all our piousness and self righteousness condemn us as hypocrites. I don't usually like to quote chapter and verse on this site; but, there are two quotes I would like to repeat.

Romans 13:8 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

People often say they love the sinner but hate the sin. The people who say this are often the same ones that insist upon having their way in how others live and that is not love. Peace.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Source, as I call it, is a form of energy that exists somewhere in the general vicinity of gravity. The same molecules that determine gravity, also determine the interaction of every particle and bit of energy in existence. However, it is also intelligent, because it is controlled by thought.

What is Source? Everything, everywhere...even us.

How do we venerate it? We respect it, and we help grow it. That means without as well as within.

Does this answer your question, Riddler?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Jesus is the sun. The sun is the truth, the life, and the way.

It is the truth because Jesus is a lie, it is the way because it is the reason we are here, and it is the life because it gives everything life.

The narrow path is the path with few on it, religion has the most people on their paths, so they are not the true path.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jesus is a lie?

Thats quite the bold statement... please explain...

Did you know even IF he didn't actually exist (which is highly unlikely but possible) The words in the gospels are still truth?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't dispute that Jesus was a real person, it's very possible that he did exist. What I dispute is that he was what the bible depicts him as being. His persona was placed on top of the sun in order to push the churches agenda.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Of that i have no doubt... Sun worship definatly creeped into the religion.... but his words came well before any Christian church or religion

Do you have an answer to the original question?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You mean people go to church with a motorcycle that says Sin City on it? We are to be redeemed FROM sin. Jesus died to save us from sin and death and people revel in it. Even so, Lord Jesus come quickly.

The greatest commandments are to love God and love your neighbor as yourself. Those who love God flee from sin and shun sin because sin is the opposite of God. But this is what the Bible said would happen, people would embrace sin because the truth is not in them.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Akragon

I don't dispute that Jesus was a real person, it's very possible that he did exist. What I dispute is that he was what the bible depicts him as being. His persona was placed on top of the sun in order to push the churches agenda.

The entire New Testament was written before the creation of the Catholic church. Yes, the imagery was there because the vast majority of people in those days could not read and this imagery was shown to help them understand better. Does it mean they worshiped the sun? No, it simply means they worshiped Jesus from their understanding of the imagery.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I thought I did answer the original question? Did I miss a question?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

But the reason they wrote the new testament was to start the catholic church. They plagiarized the truth then twisted it in order to keep its followers ignorant, all for a buck.

The catholic church and christianity were created for the sole purpose of making its leaders rich and powerful.
edit on 30-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I was looking for something a little deeper then symbology...

Though i understand your POV...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Oh gotcha.

Well, his teachings of loving your neighbor as you love yourself is the way. His messages of love is the way to heaven. If everyone loved one another as they loved themselves, there would be no greed or manipulation or war.

If we loved our mother Earth the way we should, there would be no destruction or pollution. The Earth would be as nature intended.

The only problem is, we do not love one another, we are only worried about ourselves and our financial situations. We don't love mother Earth the way we should because we think there is perfection waiting after this life. Religion only adds to these problems because it creates division and hate and convinces people that Earth cannot be heaven, when it really could, if only we loved.

Love is the way, not a man who lived 2,000 years ago. What Jesus taught is what matters. What he taught, not what he was, and what he taught was to LOVE.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by WarminIndy

But the reason they wrote the new testament was to start the catholic church. They plagiarized the truth then twisted it in order to keep its followers ignorant, all for a buck.

The catholic church and christianity were created for the sole purpose of making its leaders rich and powerful.

Prove this my friend. Show me sound evidence to back up this claim or you are trolling...

Obviously you have never heard of Martin Luther either...
edit on 7/30/2012 by visualmiscreant because: added comment

<<   2  3  4 >>

join