It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Special Forces Member Team Are Caught On Footage in Syria [Busted]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
Even if the bastard in charge is not a nice guy, they have no excuse to help criminals ruin a stable country so the Muslim Brotherhood can set up shop later like has happened everywhere we destroyed sovereign nations.

Please give one example of where, after intervention, the Muslim Brotherhood has seized power...

The reason I ask is that only "Arab Spring" revolution we actually supported was Libya and they are the only country not to have Islamists take over the new Government.

Now, this is a pertinent point because the FSA have been saying for a while that they don't get enough support from the outside world and now Islamists are operating in Syria who are better armed and funded than they are.

Those in the FSA are not radicals, but through non-action we are creating a power vacuum where there certainly will be radicals to take advantage.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
After watching the video and reading through the thread I was of the opinion that it's probably just someone local wearing a T-shirt with the union jack on.

BUT....

Then looking back closely at the video it does appear to be a military shirt when you look at it in detail, it is NOT a T-shirt as some have said in this thread, it is clearly a button up shirt with collars and of material much the same as a common military shirt and the patch is also much the same size as a military shirt and in the correct place. Also, the colour matches up to military colours too. I don't have any idea who it is, I'm just pointing out what I observed.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

It's just a polo shirt..

And, has been demonstrated (and guess what, you can do this yourself using something I like to call GOOGLE) this is not unusual. In fact, the Union FLAG (not Jack...jesus) seems to be very popular on a great many garments. You can even have them tailor made like that, if you go to the right site.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

It's just a polo shirt..

It is not a POLO shirt mate!

These are Polo Shirts

The shirt he is wearing if a full button up shirt, look carefully. I can understand you making the error, as he has his top 3 buttons undone giving it the 'appearance' of a Polo shirt but look carefully and you can see it is clearly a full button up shirt, much like the one below which btw is a new UK army shirt

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

That's not even close to the same shirt. That has sleeves and is clearly made of a different material. You might as well have just posted a picture of a tuxedo...

Try again.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It's just a polo shirt..

And, has been demonstrated (and guess what, you can do this yourself using something I like to call GOOGLE) this is not unusual. In fact, the Union FLAG (not Jack...jesus) seems to be very popular on a great many garments. You can even have them tailor made like that, if you go to the right site.

You should really properly analyse the video before taking the piss out of people in a belittling way. If you did you would have noticed that your main point of this being a Polo/T-shirt is incorrect and it is in fact a full button up shirt making your arguments and insults just moot points

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

That's not even close to the same shirt. That has sleeves and is clearly made of a different material. You might as well have just posted a picture of a tuxedo...

Try again.

I didn't say it was the same shirt, I said it is a full button up shirt much the same as the guy in the video is wearing.

You seem to not know the difference so that image was simply to ilustrate what a full button shirt is, and the link illustrates what a polo shirt is, hope that is more clear for you Mr Mason

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Those in the FSA are not radicals, but through non-action we are creating a power vacuum where there certainly will be radicals to take advantage.

Those In the FSA are radicals.

This article by AJ even admits it and proves even the guardian is now admitting it.
Syrian conflict: The beginning of the end

At the bottom quote it reads as the following.
"This is my urgent message to all Mujahideen from all brigades to join their brothers the Mujahideen of Damascus who are defending the revolution. Those willing to join have to go ... through safe routes to Damascus. It is the moment of truth. It is the Damascus fight for salvation. It is either life, dignity and freedom or martyrdom and paradise."

Commander of Al-Emary Brigades, Captian Quais Quatana's statement for all Syrian Mujahideen

Two weeks after the nonsexist battle of Damascus.
The Gurdian Live Updates

Basically the FSA are the Mujahideen fighters.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
If this shirt is proof of him being in the British army, then going by my army surplus wardrobe I must be some kind of elite soldier from about five different countries.

And my girlfriend, courtesy of the harrier display team stand at Cosford air show, is an ex XX Squadron harrier pilot.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
If this shirt is proof of him being in the British army, then going by my army surplus wardrobe I must be some kind of elite soldier from about five different countries.

And my girlfriend, courtesy of the harrier display team stand at Cosford air show, is an ex XX Squadron harrier pilot.

I stated earlier I don't know who this guy is, and I don't of course.

The OP however is being attacked and the main point he is being attacked on is the shirt, and the fact it is some common T-Shirt or Polo shirt, however that is not the case, it's a full button up shirt and looks very much like a military style shirt, in both style, material, colour and country flag.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Were they even trying to hide? And what busted. We did not need pictures to know there are western special forces there. I wonder if the Russians sent spetznaz though.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil

The OP however is being attacked and the main point he is being attacked on is the shirt, and the fact it is some common T-Shirt or Polo shirt, however that is not the case, it's a full button up shirt and looks very much like a military style shirt, in both style, material, colour and country flag.

He's being 'attacked' for saying

'and from what it seems a British navy seal trooper armed with ammo on his front'

And rightly so. He's inventing regiments based on one small shot of one tshirt on one video.

I'm not saying there aren't British forces in Syria, I've no doubt there are. And NATO will get their war, and my heart breaks over it.

But as proof of involvement it is at best circumstantial, and at worse farcical.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Given that the shirt doesnt have the usual bits to hold the rolled up sleeve it looks more like its a normal shirt thats been well folded and ironed by the guys mum
to look good and why is he walking around with a length of machine gun ammo over his chest when theres no machine gun around to use it

I still think he's someone trying to look the part as he doesn't have the same swagger as the other soldiers in the video

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by detachedindividual

This is almost the same reply you gave on Libya

It's not exactly what I said, but it is close, because they are very similar situations. And I was right then too.

Sorry to say it, but no anti-west, pro-Russia cheer leading is going to persuade me otherwise on this one. I use common sense and evidence to form my decisions, others use the fact that they hate one government to excuse the abuses of another.

It really is as simple as that.

America and Britain would need hundreds of thousands of people in Syria to cause the level of protest and uprising we have seen. The most they are capable of doing under the radar is encouraging democracy through community work and political action. We would expect that to happen.

I have seen no evidence that any of the aggression we have seen from Syria is cause by anyone other than the Syrian regime. I have seen plenty of evidence of towns and cities being shelled, protesters being shot at and independent reports from citizens explaining what is happening on the ground.

Once again, I do not trust my government, or the USA, or Russia. They all have their own foreign policy to follow and they all have their own interests and motivations.

But I do not allow my suspicion of them to excuse the murderous regime of Assad an his military. And I think people who do pick sides based on their opinions of their own government are imbeciles.
edit on 31-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

He's being 'attacked' for saying

'and from what it seems a British navy seal trooper armed with ammo on his front'

And rightly so. He's inventing regiments based on one small shot of one tshirt on one video.

I'm not saying there aren't British forces in Syria, I've no doubt there are. And NATO will get their war, and my heart breaks over it.

But as proof of involvement it is at best circumstantial, and at worse farcical.

Just because he doesn't know the exact name of UK regiments/divisions doesn't detract from his main point. He's basically saying he thinks it's a member of the UK forces which I think any reader can understand, I'm not so sure myself if the guy in the video is part of the UK forces or even British, but picking him apart on an error like that is just picking at a mistake that doesn't really help the thread or to investigate the main point further IMO and the main argument that it's just a common T-shirt also seem uncorrect.

When you take away the nit picking and technicalities, what I see is that the OP has posted someone in Syria with a military style shirt with a UK flag on which does bear questions to answer and a basis for discussion, it could just be some local dude but to be honest it doesn't look like something you'd pick up at a local syrian clothing market TBH

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

He does not even look British, he looks like a local for sure. Even the ginger one looks like a local.
Even if SAS were there then you would not even know about it, I am sure they would not let some random guy stick a video camera in their faces.

It could also be a mockup t-shirt to make you guys think that British forces are there.But Im sure its just a local. Have you seen the British SAS before ? bet that's a no, so how can you say they are even British SF just from a T-Shirt. Also SF would dress in anything they wanted without insignia to fit in.
edit on 31/7/12 by Ezappa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Honestly, man, use your bloody brain. He's wearing a shirt with a British flag on it. All across the world the British and US flags are on clothing; they're fashion statements - they're iconic, nothing more. Do you really think a British Special Forces member would be so #ing stupid as to wear his country's flag on his clothing?? Man...

Also, you might want to look out for any Manchester United or Liverpool football shirts too; I hear they're getting in to the Special Forces game as well these days.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Just because he doesn't know the exact name of UK regiments/divisions doesn't detract from his main point. He's basically saying he thinks it's a member of the UK forces which I think any reader can understand, I'm not so sure myself if the guy in the video is part of the UK forces or even British, but picking him apart on an error like that is just picking at a mistake that doesn't really help the thread or to investigate the main point further IMO and the main argument that it's just a common T-shirt also seem uncorrect.

When you take away the nit picking and technicalities, what I see is that the OP has posted someone in Syria with a military style shirt with a UK flag on which does bear questions to answer and a basis for discussion, it could just be some local dude but to be honest it doesn't look like something you'd pick up at a local syrian clothing market TBH

Maybe, but he isn't claiming British involvement or even British people are over there fighting. He's quite specifically said 'special forces' and has presented no evidence but the shirt, so it's a fair point to criticize him on.

It might not be a common shirt but it's certainly not rare enough for a claim of 'busting' special forces. I think that's the problem here? If the thread was called 'Interesting sight of Union Flag clothing in Syria - thoughts' he might not have been so much up for attack.

Mind you who knows on here? I'm sure people would have laid in anyway. We're so easy to divide and conquer, and that's why we'll lose.

(And I've starred you for not spelling it 'knit-picking'. Well done. It annoys me so much when people do that!

)
edit on 31-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DaemonD14

You do know that off topic it I guess even mercenaries would fit in with the topic however i still stand by that he does look as if his a Syrian-Born British Citizen.

You think you would find such military clothing in a torn war country like that in the open?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join