It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Special Forces Member Team Are Caught On Footage in Syria [Busted]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Wrong uniform and wrong weapon they are not British SAS. For one thats not British camouflage and that is not a C8 carbine or an HK 33. My guess is there former officers with the Syrian army so i guess this really isnt busted after all huh?

If the guy on 1:05 is an ex member of the syrian army why is he wearing a union jack on his shoulder? if i was a member of the FSA generally i would place the FSA flag and not the British isn't that right?

Why has everyone turned so defensively? but i would still stand by the claim that his a British Navy Seal Team member.

Mercenaries don't wear there country's flags.

Ok. The BRITISH DO NOT HAVE NAVY SEAL TEAMS.

Good god as many members as have pointed this out to you and you keep ignoring it. Secondly, you have a video of a guy wearing a t-shirt with a British flag. Beyond that, what is your proof that these people are British SF? Do you really think they would be caught haging out with people who would video tape them and put it on Youtube for gullible people like you to parade it around sites like ATS as a British "Navy SEAL team"? Really?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

That's just wrong, too.

Believe whatever you want but I know for certain PMCs can and often do put their nations flag somewhere on their gear.

Do you know anything about military groups compared to contractors?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
British Navy Seal? Huh?

Also, the guy looks straight at the camera. You think a British special forces soldier in Syria is going to wear a T-shirt like that AND look straight into someone's camera - and be OK with it?!

Absurd thread. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

British Special Forces in Syria

British Special Forces in Syria

Islamabad—According to a report by Israeli intelligence outfit DebkaFile British Special Forces are on the ground in Syria directing rebel fighters in a repeat of how Libyan rebels were aided in the overthrow of Colonel Gaddafi. DEBKAfile’s exclusive military and intelligence sources were

quoted as saying that foreign units are not engaging in direct combat but are acting in an advisory capacity, while also relaying requests for arms outside of the country. The report claimed that “British and Qatari special operations units are operating with rebel forces under cover in the Syrian city of Homs 162 kilometers from Damascus.

Well i guess that report with this video confirms it.
There were a few other more sources then just the Debkafile. Since some on here were getting confused i have re edited the thread title.
edit on 30-7-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

My shirt has "China" on it as in....

Made in
China

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Just to play this one out and truth be told these threads bug me in a 'can you see the wood for the trees' way. How can you claim that the ammo is made in the UK?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I wasn't denying any British involvement - just that this guy isn't a "British Navy Seal", whatever that means.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
It really doesn't matter what or who the guy is. He has a Union Jack on his sleeve, rounds of ammo wrapped around himself and he is some sort of mercenary or fighter.

It is stupid on his behalf to even allow that flag to be exposed considering their is no western influence on the ground over there. I'm sure the Syrian markets would be selling those shirts also, not...

Something is definetly not right here. It may be nothing but it does deserve a bit more investigation also.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Thank you at least your the only member on here who hasn't insulted nor has went off topic, or went in a defensively mode over the thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Honestly, no one is getting defensive, but people have corrected you and no notice was taken. Us Brits don't have 'seals', we have the 'beavers'! No, seriously, you mean the SBS and you need to explain to people how you determine the ammo to be made in the UK and why a little badge of the Union Jack attached to a random shirt sleeve constitutes special forces.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by Murad

I used live near by some military stores and you know what i couldn't find such T shirts in the public speaking of buying them in high places.
Here are some links that you would see that T shirt doesnt exist onto the British military online stores.
Army surplus UK
Thats one source.
Here are some more.
silvermans

Where is the Shirt?

Aren't you having much luck finding an item of civilian clothing on military surplus websites? Oh well, keep trying mate.

So again from the video the union jack doesn't seem like a placed one nor a fake one.
But very official.

It does look like a 'placed' Union Jack. Otherwise it wouldn't be there, would it? There's no such thing as a 'fake' Union Jack. It's either a Union Jack or it isn't.

I like your theory that we have civilian clothing specially made for our special forces. Apparently standard civilian clothing doesn't look civilian-y enough. Then we go and stick a big Union Jack on it, because nothing says 'covert operations' like wearing the flag of your country of origin on your sleeve.

Don't you think that sort of defeats the object of wearing plain clothes in the first place? A bit like sending in a soldier of Arabian descent so that he can in blend with the locals, but wearing the British flag so that everyone knows that he is British.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Honestly, no one is getting defensive, but people have corrected you and no notice was taken. Us Brits don't have 'seals'

Nice try with that but the British do have there own Special Forces the SAS, its pretty clear from the number of some posts on here i am getting mocked for my thread.

If you wanted to correct me then do it so in a rational way but the way of some of the replies on here by some members they didn't seem very rational, but rather mocking and insulting.

ATS is a place for Discussions not mocking or insulting whatever or not my thread has upset some of you because some of you seem didn't like the fact that the British forces are in Sryia.

So again if you wanted to correct me then do it in a rational manner.

link   
The uk don't have navy seals we have sbs special boat service and he is way to scrorny to be one of them probably a syrian born British citizen gone home to lend a hand that guy isn't gona march 20 miles carrying 150 pounds. He'd break after three

link   
As other people have mentioned, Britain doesn't have SEALS, and to be honest, it looks like your average union flag shirt you can buy off Ebay for a fiver.

The guy doesn't look very British either, I know we are a multi-cultural society and all that, but the guy look like he fit in with those around him.

All this being said, I thought it a bit odd that the camera man seems to pay a bit of attention to the guy, like they wanted the union flag to be seen....propaganda video maybe?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm no expert on the matter so this is strictly my opinion. I think Agent USA Supporter might have a point here folks since we all know that various Western countries have admitted to sending special forces into Syria. So his theory is not that far fetched.

I am not very keen when it comes to military gear so I can't say for sure, it could be a merc...no one knows for sure but I would not be surprised if it was British special forces.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You will of course be pleased to hear I have spent nearly ten minutes sowing a union jack onto my t shirt sleeve.

Does this make me an under cover British Navy Seal in Syria?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Forehead slapping for the Op just for the title.

The British special forces are called SAS Special Air Service.
Australia has the same, its a branch of the SAS called SASR, Special Air Service Regiment they can also be known as SAAS, Special Australian Air Service and or the Australian Special Forces.

The British were the first to form such a unique group of soldiers.

The Special Air Service is trained to perform equally well in all the fields listed for the SEALs, but is also trained by MI-5 and MI-6 for in-depth counter-espionage, more so than the SEALs. Physical competency must be of equal stature to the SEALs, to the degree that both special forces work closely together when necessary (Iraq and Afghanistan) and have good camaraderie.

They wear a tan beret, just as the U. S. Army Rangers, and both the SAS and SEALs are trained in knife fighting by experts in Apache Indian knife techniques, as well as Sayoc Kali, Krav Maga, Jeet Kune Do, and for the last 3 years or so, the Keysi Fighting Method, made famous by the Chris Nolan “Batman” films.

They have the distinction of being the model on which almost all national commando units are based today, including every other entry on this list.

I found this little write up here its not in-depth, but it will give you somewhere to start if your interested in learning about the world special forces.

Top 10 Badasses of the World’s Special Forces

a bit of history... while the Australian soldiers were being held prisoner (POW's) along the Burma railway WW2 there were SAS and SAAS camped (hiding) along the edge in the jungle, living like this for months at a time keeping an eye on things and reporting what they saw. could you imagine watching something so horrible and not being able to do anything about it, for fear of making it even worse for the rest of the POW's who were being held elsewhere.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

You do know thats off topic right?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

No it isnt, I conducted an experiment. You propose that man is a British Navy Seal undercover in Syria[or not so undercover as it were] on account of the Union Jack on his tshirt.

Your reasoning for this deduction flummoxes me still somewhat.

So

I sowed a union jack onto my tshirt and I am now wondering does it make me a British Navy Seal undercover in Syria?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join