It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Hamburger Ideas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I was going to say this too. At home we call it goop on mashed potatoes. lol

Just brown the ground beef and then mix it with cream of mushroom and add gravy starter. serve it over mashies.

goes great with any vegetable, especially peas.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
stuffed cabbage. also i make a simple mixture of burger, mac n cheese and vegetables.

cheeseburger pie. (bisquick recipe)

impossibly easy cheeseburger pie

meat loaf

If interested, I can also give you the recipe for Porcupine Balls.

Which is similar to what you find in stuffed peppers, but you roll it into a meatball instead and just cook in the tomato sauce.
edit on 30-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I got a recipe for fettuccine, and I have substituted powdered milk for the cream and was quite good! Let me know if you want it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

It's good sh&t. Don't think they sell it in the US though

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by tinker9917

I was going to say this too. At home we call it goop on mashed potatoes. lol

Just brown the ground beef and then mix it with cream of mushroom and add gravy starter. serve it over mashies.

goes great with any vegetable, especially peas.

I make my hamburger gravy with cream of chicken soup, or a different way is using beef boullion thickened with cornstarch. Either way is delicious.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
You could try meatballs and spagetti bolinease. Try adding some red lentils when cooking the hamburger or some grated carrot to make it go further and add some fiber.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
My hamburgers are delicious. I prepare them in several different ways but here's one of my favorites.

Get the 3% or less fat beef. The less fat the greater. Toss the beef in a bowl and add some water to make mixing it with flavoring easier. Don't dilute it into a soup. Toss in plenty of season salt. Get dry ranch sauce powder then toss some of that in there. Dice up some onions. Toss that in there. Dice up some garlic then toss that in there. Mix it thoroughly then fry it up. Whatever cheese you want.

a reply to: N3k9Ni

Need Hamburger Ideas

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

I know you probably have a limited budget, but there are some great "ground beef" cookbooks out there:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422120009&sr=1-4&keywords=Hamburger+coo kbooks
100 BEST HAMBURGER RECIPES

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422120009&sr=1-3&keywords=Hamburger+cookbooks
101 THINGS TO DO WITH GROUND BEEF

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1422120009&sr=1-5&keywords=Hamburger+cookbooks< br />
ULTIMATE GROUND BEEF COOKBOOK

And as far as "stretching institutional food," I've even been served cooked/crumbled hamburger in a white sauce (milk and flour) over toast for breakfast. Delicious and satisfying.

Another staple I'd suggest is powdered meat gravy. You can buy an institutional size (21 oz.) at a warehouse store for under $10. At the end of the month, when your budget is gone, you can mix up rice with this (just-add-water) meat gravy, and it is a satisfying entree.

Good Luck!

edit on 24-1-2015 by MKMoniker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join