It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans,,, We are SO Screwed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo

So after saying all that what will you do about it? Hmm

gtfo man. Who do you think you are? Are you doing anything positive YOURSELF? besides asking him what he or anyone else will do? hmmm
edit on 31-7-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

Well I will not gtfo, and to answer your 1st question: Humanities Last Hope. and your 2nd: Yes I am thanks for asking. I would love to go over the details but since you seem to be hostile and on the defensive I rather not waste my time on you.SInce you seem so defensive maybe I struck a cord in your soul? Hmm

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
We put too much of ourselves and our lives into distractions that are nothing and go nowhere. We are so often dumb down and think our value is dependent on the lies of the magazines and the television. The truth is our value is how we treat others. There will never ever be a U-Haul Truck behind anyone when they leave this life. The truth is man left to his own devices, will always come to a bitter end. Man in his "Unsaved" state is a murderer. He kills and kills. There is only one thing that will save him.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

To be honest, I think you're not even a resident of the US IMO. I think you're trying to stir the pot.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
we are going down....soon china will become a super power

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It is in vain, sir, to extentuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry, 1775

www.law.ou.edu...

Since I can't just quote, drop a link and bail. I shall elaborate:

As Americans, we have fought amongst ourselves, with our slave owners, with land owners and the British Motherland. I hear of the threats to take my right to bear arms away. I hear of the threat of Revolution. I can hear the People of America yelling that We Are the 99%.

The men & women that earn their paychecks from DHS, Border Patrol, ATF and our own state governments, they are earning a wage. Should a revolution begin, they are as likely to stand with or against you.

But!! Boys & Girls!! What do you oppose?!! What do you fight for?!!

A clear and concise cause. As Patrick Henry's speech reflects, would cause a wave of unstoppable American solidarity. That the Revolution would be over after little conflict.

Suits won't fight. They cheat.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HumanitiesLastHope

We are all on edge here, man. Seems most people posting on this thread are on the same page regarding what is coming. We need not fight amongst ourselves. Your post was short and left a lot of room for interpretation. You can understand his response. He doesn't know what your intentions are.

Maybe he shouldn't have assumed you were being an ass. But you shouldn't assume he is an ass either. If his assumption was correct, then his reply would have been completely justified in his response.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Americans are busy in feeling proud of their country.... Go and tell an American that his country is not the best and see them throwing tantrums... It is very disturbing to see the ignorance of Americans... The fact that Americans don't know anything about any other culture (other than how to make fun of them) tells a lot about American mentality, I'm least concerned about government, the bigger concern is of the ignorant bastards of this country ... Really sad to say this but true

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Just got home from work, and getting ready to catch up here. Just thought I would say, to any who might care to keep up with this thread, that I am In awe of the range of thought here. This is why I love ATS. Lets all keep things civil,,, and I will try and be as comma free as possible also. We all can sit in our homes, cafes, parks surfing the net, and quickly posting a ''First Responder" type comment. Or, as some here have done, thoughtfully and with insightful words provoke the brain into action,, get the gears going. Really I appreciate both as it keeps me honest with myself, and what I perceive as the reason I am here.

I have worked on 'myself' for years, and always have tried to follow the dictum, KNOW THYSELF.

I have, and do.
So, I really don't need any type of moral or spiritual guidance, (even though I will take the Golden Advice when it presents itself). I am here to interact with others who think outside the box.

I see many of the people that have posted so far, might have this quality and trait.
Those are the ones I think I can learn from, but stay open to all, the good, the bad, and the ugly.
I am not easily offended, and am known to be able to cut 'with words' at times, and with that I really mean no offence. I have taken 'sabbaticals from ATS to calm down when I found myself 'getting to close to the line'. To me I would like to keep things lighthearted and with an emphasis on learning from each other, not trumping over or bashing each other. We all do enough of that, let's GET OUT SIDE OF THE BOX. The only way to do better than our 'Custodial" leaders is to out think them and implement our own solutions.

With That said, I am off to read your comments, so I can respond.
Thanks for the participation here regardless.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I agree, Yes, Humor is very much Welcome. It is when people can not laugh at themselves that we begin to see the road to fanatical minded and rigid worldviews.

Humor and Laughter always heals, and is needed here to remind us,, We are HERE NOW.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I am of the same mind.
Have you read the book by Raj Patel THE VALUE OF NOTHING
it is very much about the economy of this thought.
I think you might enjoy it. Follow the link to see a YouTube of His about the books ideas.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

S/F I want to start by saying as an American Veteran with an Honorable Discharge, Born, Raised, Schooled in The USA, ( on the "Left Coast") This is one of, if not the most special subjects and threads for me in my 2 yrs on ATS.
I just want to thank you for caring enough to speak the truth and having the courage to do so. If your anything like me, then you know I would rather die on my feet, than live on my knees like a coward. So many of us, here in The US and beyond, are so distracted. So many are victims by the very people they think are their neighbors and their treasonous , criminal, career politicians who are loyal to nothing but themselves and act like whores, for the highest bidders.

I have no shame in saying I make mistakes, but I admit them . One of the biggest mistakes I made in life was forgetting that these, anti American, anti Constitution, rotten to the core types were and are still contaminating America with their filth and lies. Having said that, I am proud to say I am not religious but I believe there must be something greater than this. Dare I say a God? Now watch the worms crawl out.

I am proud to have lived and will die in America. I hope to be at peace with those around me. But if my beliefs bother you, move away from me. If they threaten you, ask yourself why. Lastly, if I am your enemy because of my patriotism? I have 2 words for you and I welcome you to knock on the door or order me out and may God have mercy on our souls..

Thank you for the Compliment, I am not sure I am worthy of it, but thank you.

You have had as member of the armed forces to 'test' you abilities. Not all of us have, and it is one of the reasons the subject bothers me. I think many don't realize,, We are lazy couch potatoes at times, so I am not sure how any of us would look in 'traditional' Revolutionary garb, much less make reasonable choices to avoid being killed in an extreme situation.

Our times are very volatile and I think we all need to look for common denominators among ourselves just for the sake of Humanities survival.

As for our leaders and politicians, yes we all know that they are screwing us with rusty objects, but the question is WHY DOES AMERICA TAKE IT?

I think we are lazy, someone else is doing the work (well,, that is what we thought of our government in ''the day''.)
everyone bitches about April 15th,,, but how many revolt against it,, just a few brave souls who mostly end up being made into propaganda tools for our enslavement.
Our Government is really just a Military/HealthCare Company.
I don't want stock, royalties or a job there,, I would rather be left alone, if my opinion mattered,, which to the government. It does not. I am a number and statistic, far removed from the Human and Earth Citizen I claim to be. It is sad, only because we are ALL so Frickin Selfish that we can't for once in history get over the Tribal mindset that divides us, and admit that we are One only as Equal Humans.
No more No Less.

As far as America goes, it looks like it is gone, with just a few diehards waiting for the ''End".
I would rather be remembered for more, maybe like reestablishing the meaning of Unity as not Just Americans, but as Leading Citizens of the Earth, and be the inspiration that will carry humanity into the 22nd century.

I can Dream.

but, I also can fight if needed.
I would rather Build than destroy, but we are a destructive lot here in the USA, we can't help it because,,
WE ARE THE WORLD in cultures and people.

So,,,
I can dream that Some American Ingenuity can come of All This.

thanks again for your post, It made my day.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

To be honest, I think you're not even a resident of the US IMO. I think you're trying to stir the pot.

Thanks everyone,, Really enjoying the comments,, trying to get to them all...

Had to answer you first my fellow American.

Yes, not just an American, but a Southern too..
Ya'll come back now, ya hear.

PS: Stir the Pot,, that is Rich,, I am laughing so hard right now,, thanks for the laugh.
edit on 7/31/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: added PS

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenAlot

It is in vain, sir, to extentuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry, 1775

www.law.ou.edu...

Since I can't just quote, drop a link and bail. I shall elaborate:

As Americans, we have fought amongst ourselves, with our slave owners, with land owners and the British Motherland. I hear of the threats to take my right to bear arms away. I hear of the threat of Revolution. I can hear the People of America yelling that We Are the 99%.

The men & women that earn their paychecks from DHS, Border Patrol, ATF and our own state governments, they are earning a wage. Should a revolution begin, they are as likely to stand with or against you.

But!! Boys & Girls!! What do you oppose?!! What do you fight for?!!

A clear and concise cause. As Patrick Henry's speech reflects, would cause a wave of unstoppable American solidarity. That the Revolution would be over after little conflict.

Suits won't fight. They cheat.

Wow!

Exactly.

I oppose any and all who subvert what it means to be human by ridicule, bigotry, religious intollerance, and of course Ignorance.

Ignorance is a big one, one I am not sure we will ever conquer or remove from humanity, it is part and parcel of being human to be ignorant at some point.

Some of us just grow up, admit our faults and try to make the best of a bad situation.

Most of us are content with simple things in life. Shelter, food, clean water and maybe a soft bed to go to before a next day of work.
Humanity needs a lot of work, why do we waste our time on things that ultimately don't really matter that much?

I oppose corrupt leaders in any form.
Liars
yes, Liars especially.

the list could go on,, and this one improved,, but had a few drinks now after work. Maybe I should come back later to this one.

Thanks for the thought provoke!!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I have not forgotten i said I would reply. Taking a break to formulate a response. Be right back

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I can tell you the prescription for saving ourselves from ourselves.
When Neil Armstong stepped onto the moon, every citizen on the planet celebrated, not because an American walked on the moon, but because a human walked on the moon . For the first time in history we were united as people.

Imagine this if you will
Old man walking to his backyard,he could be any old man, in any country carrying a telescope. Right behind him follows his little granddaughter.
The old man points it at the moon, adjusts things a little bit, and tells his little granddaughter to have a look.
As she puts her eye to the telescope he tells her, "See those lights, see those lights on the moon that's a school and if you study really hard maybe someday you could go to that school"
If we sent 50 or 100 of the best students from all over the world, each semester to a lunar university. Each of those students will return to Earth and when their friends ask them what they learned from studying on the moon they will reply. I learned the Earth is nothing but a little blue dot
Funny how mankind has been asking himself since the dawn of time 2 questions, and in reality they are a question and an answer
Why are we here,,,,,,,Are we alone....We are here to find out of we are alone

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123
I can tell you the prescription for saving ourselves from ourselves.
When Neil Armstong stepped onto the moon, every citizen on the planet celebrated, not because an American walked on the moon, but because a human walked on the moon . For the first time in history we were united as people.

Imagine this if you will
Old man walking to his backyard,he could be any old man, in any country carrying a telescope. Right behind him follows his little granddaughter.
The old man points it at the moon, adjusts things a little bit, and tells his little granddaughter to have a look.
As she puts her eye to the telescope he tells her, "See those lights, see those lights on the moon that's a school and if you study really hard maybe someday you could go to that school"
If we sent 50 or 100 of the best students from all over the world, each semester to a lunar university. Each of those students will return to Earth and when their friends ask them what they learned from studying on the moon they will reply. I learned the Earth is nothing but a little blue dot
Funny how mankind has been asking himself since the dawn of time 2 questions, and in reality they are a question and an answer
Why are we here,,,,,,,Are we alone....We are here to find out of we are alone

Now that is what I am talking about, what a great Idea, thought and opinion of what we could become if we allowed it.

not sure about the fact of our solitude here on our blue dot, but live my life like it is true. Very Self Sufficient thought, almost shamanic. I like it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My brethren it is time to unite. We fellow Americans must stand up and fight for what we believe in. No longer can we stand idle aside while our corrupt government tries to bully and police the world and its civilians. Join me in the march to Washington D.C... Surround the gates for miles and demand that the government resign, demand that the laws be rewritten. It is time for war, it is time for action, it is time for REAL change. Nothing will be accomplished as we sit in our comfort lifestyles. On the inside of our huts awaiting destruction. We must stand above that, and step outside our comfort zone, we must be willing to rise against the suppressors. The American people are being suppressed and its time the we opposed back. Take pride in uniting as we the people stan up and fight for what we believe in. Take pride in being an American. Take pride in making a change for the better of humanity and know that you and your children will live honorably and die a noble death. These are the times of change and they are happening now. Be ready and prepared for the fate that lies ahead. It is time to unite, it is time for change, and it is time for action. It is time to awaken.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23

I have not forgotten i said I would reply. Taking a break to formulate a response. Be right back

Thank you for keeping me informed and your word. I am patient so don't feel pressured to rush. I shall await your response, I look forward to what you have to say. But now that I think about it if your delay is because you are uncomfortable telling me where everyone can see...I'm sure we can make other arrangements for you to tell me in a more secure or private setting.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truthfinder666

Americans are busy in feeling proud of their country.... Go and tell an American that his country is not the best and see them throwing tantrums... It is very disturbing to see the ignorance of Americans... The fact that Americans don't know anything about any other culture (other than how to make fun of them) tells a lot about American mentality, I'm least concerned about government, the bigger concern is of the ignorant bastards of this country ... Really sad to say this but true

Then stfu already...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Thank you for the reply. I am going to make this simple for all to see. I don't expect everyone to agree or understand and that's alright. I could talk about many things in your reply to me and will if you have any further questions. For now though I want to take one part of your post and talk about it. I feel it is one of the most important, if not the most important realities to come. You said,,,,,

As far as America goes, it looks like it is gone, with just a few diehards waiting for the ''End". I would rather be remembered for more, maybe like reestablishing the meaning of Unity as not Just Americans, but as Leading Citizens of the Earth, and be the inspiration that will carry humanity into the 22nd century.

That's a meat filled comment you make. It's deep and I could talk for 3 pages on it but I won't. I will give a quick condensed opinion though.

Let me give an example. When we walk into a bank and see ARMED SECURITY , what does that security do/accomplish simply by being there? Well it prevents and DISCOURAGES ROBBERY. The gun on the security officer spends 99% + of it's time in the holster. Why? Because when people know there is a severe price to be paid for that type of behavior ( Robbery ) The gun helps them to make a proper decision, even if they really wanted to screw up and try something. My point is 2 fold. Just as a gun prevents crime in the hands of the righteous, the absence of that gun in the hands of the righteous allows for evil to win.

Watch this, If America does truly fall? The weak and the poor are going to be like rabbits for the evil to come.
Have no misunderstanding, I don't speak of America being defined by this corrupt, treasonous, traitor, criminal filled Government. No. I am talking about Americans who believe in the freedoms that their creator gave them and intended for "All Men/Women" . You see, A decision to send troops into combat accomplishes nothing if the troops are not there to fight. When people of America fall where will believers in freedom come from?

I believe if America, (The Americans) I speak of are over come, the world will remember America falling as the day life changed forever, for everyone. " Evil Does Not Share Power With The Good"

More will be revealed.

P.S. Alexander The Great told a soldier brought to him for cowardice acts in battle and he said , "Soldier drop your cowardice acts or DROP YOUR NAME.
edit on 1-8-2012 by CherubBaby because: Added txt, typo

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join