It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hasan Not Charged With 14th Ft. Hood Murder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You might be right Black.

But.......

Obama's voice, does hold sway. That, I know, you can agree with.

I'm still waiting for Justice, for Brian Terry, and the Mexicans, who lost their lives. Thats for another thread, though.........

Edit to add: Star for the links....Useful.....

edit on 30-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Most think that is the reason why Hasan is not being charged. They don't want to open the door despite what the law says. IMO They are ignoring the law in favor of politics in a tough 2012 race.

It must be nice for the DOJ to pick and choose which laws to enforce and which to ignore. DOJ has some splanin' to do in regards to Hasan's case. I would like to hear their rationale...

How about spending 5 seconds in research about a topic before posting? Hasan is being tried in a COURT MARTIAL by the US Army. The Department of Justice has NO INVOLVEMENT in this case.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

True, but there is no reason that DOJ couldn't open a parallel case on the 14th death. As soon as he walks out of the Court-martial, the Feds take him, try him, then they can figure out whose jail he goes to, if he even gets to live.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

True, but there is no reason that DOJ couldn't open a parallel case on the 14th death. As soon as he walks out of the Court-martial, the Feds take him, try him, then they can figure out whose jail he goes to, if he even gets to live.

Well he wont be walking out of any trial, he will never be released from military custody, and the UCMJ is much harsher than civilian courts.

The UCMJ has an article called the "Unborn Victims of Violence Act" which could allow Army prosecutors to also charge Hasan, but what would be the point from the prosecution's perspective? The few times the UCMJ article "Unborn Victims of Violence Act" had been used it lost, and invoking it here could put Hasan's trial at risk. (Imagine one judge not agreeing at what stage a 6-week old pregnancy is considered a living fetus capable of being murdered versus a mass of cells not yet sentient). Prosecutor's are smart, they go with the charges they KNOW will stick. They got 13 murders, no need to get into the debate over whether a terminated 6-wk pregnancy is murder or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Dear Blackmarketeer,

From a practical point of view I agree completely with your analysis.

I think what's causing the furor is the message it sends. Some are upset that this particular law is not (seemingly) being enforced.

It wouldn't allow Hassan to walk if it was included in the Court-martial, though. They might let him go on that count and convict him on the others. Some would look at that and say "At least the government tried."

But, whether they use it or not, your analysis is correct and Hassan will be celebrated as a martyr in some parts of the world as he's led away.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by jibeho

Most think that is the reason why Hasan is not being charged. They don't want to open the door despite what the law says. IMO They are ignoring the law in favor of politics in a tough 2012 race.

It must be nice for the DOJ to pick and choose which laws to enforce and which to ignore. DOJ has some splanin' to do in regards to Hasan's case. I would like to hear their rationale...

How about spending 5 seconds in research about a topic before posting? Hasan is being tried in a COURT MARTIAL by the US Army. The Department of Justice has NO INVOLVEMENT in this case.

You are correct! My lines got a little crossed considering the DOJ's early involvement in this case. Remember when Holder’s Department of Justice issued a statement declaring Hasan’s actions not as a terrorist attack, but simply as workplace violence. Despite the fact that Hasan had radical Islamic beliefs and he was communicating with the known terrorists, DOJ waves it off as just workplace violence and not an act of terrorism. Also note that the FBI was the primary investigative arm in regards to this shooting. The FBI derives its investigative authority from the statutory authority of the Attorney General (Eric Holder).

The Attorney General delegates that authority, primarily in 28 C.F.R. § 0.85, which provides that the FBI shall "investigate violations of the laws ... of the United States and collect evidence in cases inwhich the United States is or may be a party in interest...."

The Attorney General's Guidelines for Domestic FBI Operations
The FBI is also governed by Department of Justice and internal guidelines and policies.
The Attorney General's Guidelines for Domestic FBI Operations (AG Guidelines) were issued
on September 29, 2008, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. §§ 509, 509A, 510, 533, 534 and Executive Order

That being said, I will also assert that Obama has had great influence in shielding Hasan in this investigation. His White House and all offices under its authority are guilty of withholding critical evidence. They still have not released the Ft.Hood intel report either...

This scandalous investigation warrants a thread of its own. Plenty of balls were dropped along the way and evidence ignored prior to any shooting and loss of life. Hasan's official business card indicated that he was a SoA (Soldier of Allah)

Yes, it's in the lap of the Court Martial and under the direction of Obama's administration. It has been since the day of this shooting and since Hasan first popped up on the radar. Yes, that also includes Eric Holder.

Have a read... this is the final report and note all of the redacted information most of it mentions the word Islam and anything associated with it.
www.fbi.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join