It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House chef says future food to be made from chemicals, not real food ingredients

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Yum!! Screw real food, lets just eat chemicals.. Sadly, we already eat a TON of chemicals anyways in everyday food, however what they are talking about here is the creation of food, without ANY actualy real food ingredients in it!?

NaturalNews.com

Every two years, a consortium of Europe's most active minds converges at the Euroscience Open Forum to discuss the latest advancements in scientific research and innovation. But this year's meeting, which was held in Dublin, Ireland, featured a disturbing workshop held by White House executive pastry chef Bill Yosses, who explained and demonstrated to audience members how the food of the future will not actually contain real food, but rather various combinations of lab-created chemicals that mimic food.

As reported on Six One News, a feature of RTE News in Ireland, Yosses and several other food experts showed a live audience how to create various foams, gels, solids, and other food-like textured substances out of chemicals that, when combined, resemble things like lemon souffle and chocolate pudding. These food scientists then shared samples of these laboratory creations with audience members, who were told that the imitation food products are the wave of the future.

"You take the (chemical) compounds and you make the dish," said Herve This of AgroParisTech, a science and research organization based in France, to RTE News in Ireland. "So you have no vegetables, no fruit, no meat, no fish, nothing except compounds. And you have to create a shape, a color, a taste, a freshness, a pungency, an astringency, everything," he added, likening traditional cooking methods such as "cracking eggs" and using real food ingredients to "living in the Middle Ages."

Uh yea.. cracking eggs is like cooking in the middle ages..! For real dude?!
I am sick of the bigwigs (and yes, the Chef at the whitehouse is a 'bigwig') pushing for fake food, GM foods, Chemical food.. etc etc etc!

What about the safety of these chemicals? we already know that GM foods are untested, unsafe and do not meet the expectations of the makers for increased health and yields!

So, does Obama and fam eat this stuff?!

But when he was asked if these same chemical food experiments are used at the White House in meals served to the Obamas, Yosses laughed and said no, explaining that "the First Family is looking for traditional, sort of 'happy recipes' that people are familiar with."

hahahaha! of course not! This type of food is for the sheep, not for the elite!
'happy recipes' eh?!
Duh! Why would Obama knowingly injest chemical-created fake foods?! Leave that for the plebs... ugh

Thoughts?!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

The first thing I thought of, when I read your OP, is long-term space exploration.

I mean, this may be a great way to store "food" when we land on Mars.

But normally? On Earth?

Um, nope.

(maybe in prisons. . . . . )

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Hmmm. If they could do it correctly to synthesize the actual original substances in their natural forms, I could handle this. Everything in the natural world is merely an varying organization of matter/chemicals/elements, so if you could make something from the basic building blocks instead of intermediary steps, well and good.

Now, things realistically don't tend to pan out like that so I'd be very cautious about jumping on the bandwagon, but it's sound in theory anyway. I don't like GMOs because they tinker with genetic information and can have all sorts of effects we're not aware of at the time (man's reach tends to exceed his - current, anyway - grasp), but if they could faithfully duplicate the involved original substances, I could possibly get behind this.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I predict these clowns won't be employed by me (taxpayer) after November. I wish anyway.

Let's see these fools eat test tube food, I'm sure its only the best for them, and chemical GMO garbage for the serfs.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Old news

Do you know how they can supply your orange juice all year along ?
They culture it, complete with the sacs I think. Then they add some of the real juice, regulate the taste and kazaam, orange juice all year around that taste the same for few hundred million packs.

Now you know.

Coming soon near your fast food outlets - stem cells tissue cultured chicken, chicken wings (or any part you want) by the billions.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Plan B will be Soylent Green - it's cheaper to produce.
Then CJD will reduce the population even more.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
And then comes the pharmaceutical companies rise.

Oh wait, they have already risen above nature and against life.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
this is the best idea,,,,,, it would end starvation,,, and unhealthy eating habits,,, when we can synthesize nutrients and take a shot out of a vile 3 times a day with the perfect amount of vitamins, proteins, minerals, acids,, etc,,, that will be a huge giant jump for man kind,,,,,, we already have many pill form vitamins,,, and protein powders and such,,,, when this is speaking on is just the next level,,, the obsolescence of raising and destroying biological entities such as plants and animals for human survival, and energy,,, another next level may be solar panel patches or clothing that convert sun light to usable energy for the human system,,,
edit on 30-7-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Truly disturbing, total perversion of the natural order. Where will the chemicals come from? Obviously they have to come from somewhere which means collection processing and distributon further straining the finite resources of the planet. Further how will the removal of the top tier predator effect the environment? The 3 dimensional nature of food and it' processing within organisms is complex. Not even the natural order can ensure all nutrients are manufactured to specification with errors in the folding of proteins and such a common occurence. The immediate question is if natures natural order has difficulty ensuring standardisation in manufacturing what chance do we have? Machine automation is still evolving and in it's current incarnation it is too coarse to enable mass manufacturing of nutrients, I do not see this having any positive outcomes.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

what if the natural order is already perverse? what if there is better or for worse?

humans being the top predator has hardly been positive for the species of this planet,,,, ask cows.. and rainforest etc,,

with no need to have tens of thousands of cows packed in a factory and mutated chicken meat forms maybe the animal life of earth can return to a more natural balance

admit the only reason this upsets you is because you love the taste of food ( and now imagine we would have the technology to create all your favorite flavors just for you) not even caring about the positive impacts this can have on human starvation,,,,, this will change the world,,,, food is the biggest problem in the world today,,,,, life is 98 percent about eating,,,,,, with all humans hardly having to worry about food production and acquisition,,,, priorities can turn towards education for all humans,,,, equality for all humans,,, the end of poverty,,, the unifying of all humans,,,, the end of the most important resource being finite,,,

you will say it will still take energy and will to create this food,,,,, i will say with no one needing to farm,,, put them in factories if you must pressing the button every view hours to poof out these food pills,,,, the end of price gauging,, and enough food being produced to feed the world yet a large percentage of it going in the garbage every day,,,,,, we will have new priorities and new goals,, a healthy and full man is a rich man,,,,,, if all humans had the opportunity to restore and build their body properly daily,,,, priority would turn to the mental aspect via education,,, civilization would thrive,, and accelerate at high speeds towards god hood and prosperity,,

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Reading things like this makes me want to go dig around in my garden.

Actually................ (footsteps, door shutting..)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Some packaged food is already like that. I don't buy anything any more without first reading the ingredient list. I bought a pumpkin pie once that didn't taste very good, so I looked to see what was in it, there was no pumpkin in it. All fake flavouring and chemicals

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

No. it is simply another step to remove the connection every person has with the natural world. Total Dependence is the goal. You will not see the end of hunger or an enlightenment of the species as a result of this. We teach fear of our wild mother. We teach disconnection. And now we teach each other to be docile and predictable. I wish you the best but you have far to come.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Was he saying this as he was picking the ORGANIC vegetables from the white house's ORGANIC garden? You don't think the elite eat this frankenfood sh$t do you? You don't think the elite eat McDonalds pink slime burgers made from the connective anal tissue of the bovine do you? You don't think that the elite are stupid enough to eat Genetically Mutated soy or corn do you? No sir re-bob, nothing but the best for the elite, sociopathic, parasites; they eat organic food that you can bet your a$$, one of their serf's broke her/his a$$ to raise. Utter bullsh$t!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernamehere
reply to post by ImaFungi

No. it is simply another step to remove the connection every person has with the natural world. Total Dependence is the goal. You will not see the end of hunger or an enlightenment of the species as a result of this. We teach fear of our wild mother. We teach disconnection. And now we teach each other to be docile and predictable. I wish you the best but you have far to come.

how so? I see your views and perspectives and can hold them my self,, so i do not have far to come i am standing right next to you observing the same scene resulting in the same potential reactions and responses,,,, i simply care more about humans not starving and living well physical lives then the continued game of keep the food away from the poor man,,,,,,

im guessing from your opinion youve never been to the doctor or taken medicine or used any material which is not naturally found on planet earth that has been created by man

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HEYJOSE
Was he saying this as he was picking the ORGANIC vegetables from the white house's ORGANIC garden? You don't think the elite eat this frankenfood sh$t do you? You don't think the elite eat McDonalds pink slime burgers made from the connective anal tissue of the bovine do you? You don't think that the elite are stupid enough to eat Genetically Mutated soy or corn do you? No sir re-bob, nothing but the best for the elite, sociopathic, parasites; they eat organic food that you can bet your a$$, one of their serf's broke her/his a$$ to raise. Utter bullsh$t!

lol,,,, i bet the true elite do far more unimaginably innovative things via technology and science to increase longevity and health,

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Eek. Not chemicals!

Chemical composition of the human body:
Oxygen
Carbon
Hydrogen
Nitrogen
Calcium
Phosphorus
Sulphur
Potassium
Sodium
Chlorine
Magnesium
Silicon
Iron
Fluorine
Zinc
Rubidium
Strontium
Bromine
Lead
Copper
Aluminium
Cadmium
Boron
Barium
Tin
Iodine
Manganese
Nickel
Gold
Molybdenum
Chromium
Caesium
Cobalt
Uranium
Beryllium
Radium
www.random-science-tools.com...

I remember hearing about having pills instead of food back when I was a kid. And that wasn't a short time ago. Still waiting for my personal helicopter too.
edit on 7/30/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

Originally posted by HEYJOSE

lol,,,, i bet the true elite do far more unimaginably innovative things via technology and science to increase longevity and health,

Agreed, but i guarantee, as does HEYJOSE, there is no way these elite eat ANYTHING BUT organic! No GM, no chemical combination food etc!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Im assuming you see nothing wrong with the topic of the OP?
2nd

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Nope.
I also don't put a lot of stock in what a pastry chef has to say about what the future holds.

<<   2 >>

join