It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much of a problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
There is nothing to spend money on anymore.

People got all that they need/want.

And this is why the economy is really bad.

People are saving too much money, and that's the problem.

What do you think of this?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
People want something new every week.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn

I think it's incorrect.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I spend money all the time, otherwise I see it as worthless. Im never reckless enough to get myself into debt I cant afford and if and when I ever come across a situation where I require a large amount of money, I just shrug and forget about it, as I dont have a large amount of money at any given time.

This never really bothers me, I get by and generaly im quite content and again, I spend a lot of money, a lot of the time. Im happy with that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
As long as Americans have their McDonalds they will always be spending more money.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Obvious "slider" thread.

Which thread were you trying to bump off the new topics list?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
But half the planet is starving and homeless.

reply to post by WarJohn

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

If everyone were like me, then yes, the 'economy', as we know it, would grind to a halt. But we would have good food to eat, and probably live much longer, happier lives. I can't think of stuff I want to have, except for necessities, like guitar strings, water that isn't poisoned, and food that doesn't kill you.

But don't worry. They will create laws that force you to rewire your house to accept smart grid spy tech and poisonous emf emitting lightbulbs and so forth. Eventually, instead of the 1 dollar out of 6 from everyone's pocket that went to doctors/medical a few years ago, we should be able to make it a pay to play game....that's where ALL your money, and debt, goes to keep you alive, not just 1 of 6 dollars. You just aren't being creative in your thinking. There are a lot of ways to extract slave money from the proles. That's what Congress is for.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Everything have become very expensive in Sweden (and it was expensive before) and I wont pay prices that are clearly not competitive at all. Let them have their wares on the shelf. To many deals under the table to keep the prices up by corrupt companies that is cornering the markets.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The complete opposite of what you said is correct.

There is so much more to spend money on, new technology, iphones, ipads, gagets, cars etc.

Most people don't have what they want, people are starving, can't pay their bills, losing their homes.

Economy would be good if people saved more, but everyone is in debt and that's a problem

People are not saving enough, they depend too much on credit, which created a credit bubble. There is more college debt than all the credit card debt combined. How are young adults supposed to start their life when they already have a mortgage (college loan) but not house, on top of that can't get a job.

Most people are in a rat race and can't get out.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
The problem is people are not as resourceful as they used to be.

Instead of trying to repair or make something, they buy it.

So, any extra money goes to the "neccessities" of life. I have customers that don't think of making a cotter key or cotter pin... all you need is some heavy guage wire and a pair of needle nose pliers...instead, they. come in and spend $1.99 for 3 pins..

2 dollars here and 3 dollars there and next thing you know, you are broke.

Consider how our grand parents lived... were they frugal? Do you remember their spending habits? Not so long ago, they seemed almost foolishly frugal... not so many people are laughing any more.

A good example is lunch. Just taking my lunch to work everyday at 5 bucks a meal bought 3 acres of land on a 15 year mortage... which will be paid up next year.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Actually, this is exactly what it is happening in France. The french have always been money hoarders anyway- but with talk of the crisis, they have been doing it even more.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Awesome, maybe we can start making actual advancements as a society!

new topics

top topics

join