is it worth the price?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

See I think the price should be higher. We cheapen the experience and make it far too easy for one to go through the degrees. I think this is one reason some don't come back to Lodge. Some of the TO Lodges seem to have a good idea.

I think any price is worth it from the experiences I have had. When I joined in 2006, my Lodge charged $250 for all three degrees and at that time our dues were only $60. Our dues have doubled since I joined.

To compare though, my Kappa Sigma Chapter charges $300 per semester for dues.

reply to post by DarkKnight21

edit on 30-7-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Originally posted by DarkKnight21
His greatest feat is convincing you that he doesn't exist.
Pretty sure that really only applies to Keyser Söze.

Who, you know, doesn't exist, being a fictional character in a movie and all…
edit on 2012.7.30 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

Awe Brother! You spoiled the whole movie for me!?

KS isn't real?????

Goodbye, cru---eeell world...in the voice of Bugs Bunny....

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Depends on the lodge, of course. My lodge charges $100 for initiation. So after the $100 you get the three degrees. The usual dues are $30/year. However, once you get the 3rd degree, the lodge will purchase a life membership for you. So, in reality, all you are out for the rest of your life is the $100 initiation fee as you won't have any yearly dues once you get the 3rd degree. If you join appendant bodies, their dues will add up.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Sure you can learn most masonic philosophy and all the so called " secrets " online. If you want to be part of a community where you can better yourself by growing, and also help the world out a little bit, then join. There is nothing to lose except time. It is good to know that you are surrounded by people who you know that are good without actually knowing them. (Of course there are a few exceptions)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My uncle's lodge, and another near him have annuities set up - new members pay a one-time fee of $500, which covers their dues for life. Period.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
hello,

i have posted on another "masonry" thread expressing my desire to learn more about the organization...

(i have a question to ask the many masons whom have posted replies here an off topic- yet sincere question)

are there any members here, whom are masons in indianapolis, in? in the other thread- www.abovetopsecret.com... -

i was made aware of the phrase 2b1ask1...and (special) thanks to the likes of W3RLIED2 and network dude, i have learned that all one would need to do, to join a lodge, is simply knock on the door and ask-

back to my question- i am asking as i would very much appreciate speaking directly with a member, before going to the lodge and asking

i suppose this could be satisfied if any members would like to speak with me via u2u here, but i value face to face conversations far more typing

to take my question of the member being in indy...do any of the members here maybe have an affiliation with any members in indiana whom would take the time to answer a few questions?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by losthermit

Yeah, it can add up with those appendant bodies.

reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

I don't know of any Indianapolis Brothers here on ATS, but the area is a great area for Masonry.
edit on 31-7-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason

but the area is a great area for Masonry.
edit on 31-7-2012 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

thank you for your response...what do you mean the area is a great area for masonry? i believe i have heard one of the few (that could def be wrong...i even say "one of the few", but i was directly told "the only") Scottish rite temples is located in downtown Indianapolis

does this pertain to your comment?

thank you

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Indianapolis is an active Masonic area. The Indianapolis Scottish Rite center is great building, from what I've heard. The York Rite is also a great set of guys, particularly their Order of the Temple (Knights Templar) degree team.

You also have the Cryptic Masons Medical Research Foundation (CMMRF) doing a lot of working in Indianapolis. CMMRF supports discoveries underway at the Indiana Center for Vascular Biology and Medicine (ICVBM), which is located at the Indiana University School of Medicine and the Roudebush VA Medical Center, at Indianapolis, Indiana.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I don't mean to derail the thread i just had a quick question that i didn't think warranted it's own thread!

Hey i wonder can i ask, Why would you want to join something you know nothing about?
It being secret. And all that people know is what the members of the club say about it?

I have never heard it was bad, But dont they say if its too good to be true then it isn't?

And the glass is usually half full too, lol
edit on 31-7-2012 by kalenga because: 1st line added to post

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

If one does not know anything about Freemasonry , then it is their own fault for not visiting your local book store , library , Amazon.com or Ebay . There are books on top of books written about Freemasonry including complete rituals .
edit on 31-7-2012 by whenandwhere because: Grammar

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkKnight21

His greatest feat is convincing you that he doesn't exist.

The Demon called Bozo-Boom-Boom has succeeded in doing a far better job. Nobody (including you) believes in him. If satan were real, how could he be outclassed by such a demon?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
And the glass is usually half full too, lol

The glass is always full; half with water and half with air.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
The Demon called Bozo-Boom-Boom...

I always knew you higher-level Masons were Bozo-Boom-Boomists pushing your Boomist beliefs.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Hey i wonder can i ask, Why would you want to join something you know nothing about?
It being secret. And all that people know is what the members of the club say about it?

If you join a football team, go to a new university, or try a new restaurant, the only things you know are what the people who have tried it are saying, and what the building looks like, and what they have done in the past. Then, you decide to try it for yourself based off those things.

If someone wanted to join Freemasonry, they ought to talk to current and past Masons, go visit a Lodge and have a look around, ask friends and family about the reputation in the community, find a book, or look them up on the Division of Corporations.

Everyone is as informed as they want to be. How much research do you do before you buy a new toothbrush? I mean, nothing in Freemasonry is going in your mouth, but I bet people do a lot more research on us than they do on buying a toothbrush or underwear.

Freemasonry actually has a lot less secrets than the folks making your favorite beer, or the contractor that built your house, or the neighbor that lives next door to you. How much do you really know about your next door neighbor anyway? What goes on behind those closed doors? They could be complete freaks in there!

This whole secrecy side of Freemasons is blown WAY out of proportion. No, I won't give you the secret handshake or words, and I won't tell you what I have learned, because it won't be the same thing you will learn anyway. I also won't tell you the combination to my safe at home, or the password my kids know to recognize someone I have sent to pick them up at school. If you want those things, you have to marry me first. If you want the Masonic password and handshake, you have to become part of the family first.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I mean, nothing in Freemasonry is going in your mouth...

Network's lodge proudly circumvents this axiom.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I mean, nothing in Freemasonry is going in your mouth...

Network's lodge proudly circumvents this axiom.

I second-guessed using that line, but I decided to spoon feed you the ND dig. I knew it was coming, LOL!

Totally worth it.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
Why would you want to join something you know nothing about?
On the flip side, why would you want to join something you knew everything about? What could you possibly learn from the experience if there wasn't anything left to learn?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by Saurus
The Demon called Bozo-Boom-Boom...

I always knew you higher-level Masons were Bozo-Boom-Boomists pushing your Boomist beliefs.

Oops - shouldn't have let that slip.

Now I'll either have to promote you or kill you.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

That is a Nice sentiment that all in life should have.

Maybe one day?

peace

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum