It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi...here is my introduction Post -- after 4 Years...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Hello to my ATS family.

I anxiously have been anticipating my 1000th post. And while others have done the same, this is my “Official” Introduction Post, which I never did when I joined ATS back in 2008. I felt it to be “ceremonial” of sorts to spend my 1000th in this fashion.

So about me. I consider myself to be an eclectic human being, husband, father, and man of science. I hold several degrees in various fields, including a Doctorate in Pharmacy, BS in Chemistry, BS in Computer Science, and a BS in Ancient Civilization with a minor in Egyptology. I am a Microsoft Certified Engineer, since 1992, and I have been Online longer than 99% of the members here. ☺

I was a former SYSOP for Compuserve and Forum Moderator for Delphi and Genie. I also hosted many BBS systems in my early days.

I wrote the precursor to what became Adobe Acrobat, back in 1985, three years before Adobe introduced it. I also wrote dozens of applications in the communications field of Bulletin Board Systems, primarily those involving the FIDOnet systems. My first computer was an Atari 400, and my first modem was a fast and blazing 110 baud acoustical model.

I am also an amateur astronomer, photographer, and archeologist. Since leaving my original out of school career of Pharmacy, I have started a dozen or more companies from ground up, and have enjoyed the high of success as well as the agony of defeat. The various companies I have built are in the arenas of printing, design and graphics, advertising & marketing, packaging, and computer software development.

I own 3 Trademarks and 1 Servicemark. I have several Patent Pending inventions.

I am a Freemason as well as a member of the local Chamber of Commerce.

I coach U6 and U7 Soccer.

I hold several ranks in various Martial Arts styles including Okinawan Kenpo, Tang Soo Do, Tai Kwan Do, Goju Ryu, and Wado Ryu. My black belt is in Kenpo.

I have a dog, a cat, and a Yellow Napped Amazon Parrot. My wife and I breed Peach Faced Lovebirds.

I collect rare and old computers from the early 80’s, and have one of every Atari Computer ever made(sans one that is very rare and elusive), as well as most Comodore, Apple, and IBMs.

In my SPARE time, I am on ATS.

I enjoy ATS and the camaraderie that it offers. I try to participate as much as I can, and often find myself creating threads as a mental release exercise in hopes of engaging in good talk and debate.

Well, that’s about it. My 1000th post. Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you all around for many years to come! (well, pending what happens on 12/21/12 that is…)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Welcome aboard, :-) have a nice ride.

Hope to c u around for another 40 years..................

Your Vita is amazing.
Good to know that we got excellent company here.

And btw , congrats for your 'Century Post'
edit on 7/30/2012 by SheldonCooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

WOW !!!
The most amazing thing in that post is the fact that you have 'spare' time

Seriously congratulations on your 1000th post many more to come.

Woody

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Glad to see you are still hangin with us after all these years.

Looking forward to seeing you around phantomjack.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks all. I do really have a great time here. Its exactly the way I want to spend my free time -- doing something I live.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Some nice pets you have there. Hello, welcome and congratulations!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thanks. They tend to all get along. The Dog, a jack russel, thinks he is a cat. The Cat is tormented by the birds, and the birds pretty much rule the house. At any given time, we have between 12-20 Lovebirds...and they reproduce like crazy.

top topics

join