It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend a documentary or book for an alien UFO novice

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Any of these two YouTube channels

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Happy Watching

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I didn't read through the entire thread so sorry if someone already posted this but the documentary "I Know What I Saw" is pretty good

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
To reinforce and just to ensure your belief doesnt waver check out the Zimbabwe school children UFO and check out the incident of Japan airlines over alaska.

Two very important and undeniable incidents IMO.

Oh thats right there was an Australian shcool event as well the Westall Encounter.

Youtube Vid: UFO Documentary - Australia (2009) - Westall 1966: A Suburban UFO Mystery

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 31/7/12 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
If yer still persuing leads, id recommend the FRIENDS of Pescara Italy......seearch you toob its there......
youll be amazed.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
And if you wanna go deep down the rabbit hole, try Children of the Matrix by David Icke

Children of the Matrix

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Understood! You KNOW this is the right place to find the best ones....and the worst to avoid! Happy travels...Ill pass some on as I get them too.
Peace!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but personally I find: UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record to be an excellent book about the subject.

Reading it right now....amazing stuff and approached quite professionally.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Understood! You KNOW this is the right place to find the best ones....and the worst to avoid! Happy travels...Ill pass some on as I get them too.
Peace!

Appreciated, my friend!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

youtu.be... watch part 1 and 2. some of it is bull but most is good stuff.

also any of the anicent aliens videos on youtube

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but personally I find: UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record to be an excellent book about the subject.

Reading it right now....amazing stuff and approached quite professionally.

+1
I was going to recommend the same book. It´s quite amazing. And most importantly, a very "professional" approach to the UAP/UFO study.

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is an ENORMOUS resource of free UFO books, articles and information. The menu is in Spanish, but it's easy enough to figure out.

There are literally thousands of links, pdf documents and much more - a real treasure trove.

Ufology

Alien Contact - Alphabetical, click on letters for more.

Another book I liked was this one:
The Threat - David M. Jacobs

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Its doubtful you will find a fair and balanced documentary on UFO's. They will either be saying every light in the sky is an alien or every UFO is explainable. I cant ever remember seeing a fair and balanced video.

It's actually pretty easy to find a fair and balanced book on UFOs: J. Allen Hynek's "The UFO Experience: A Scientific Inquiry". Dr. Hynek had a Ph.D. in astrophysics, and was a professor and department chair of the astronomy department at Northwestern University. He was heavily involved from the beginning in the U.S. Air Force's studies into the UFO phenomenon (Projects Sign, Grudge and Blue Book). He was extremely skeptical of the entire subject at first, but after availing himself of the data over a number of decades, changed his views drastically. In the end, he put science over ideology and let the data speak for itself.

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
95% of sightings are explainable the other 5% are not easily explained but that doesn't automatically put them in the realm of 'visiting alien'. It just means they cant be easily explained.

There have been some very strange and maybe important sightings in the past but they are super rare.

This is false. The Battelle Memorial Institute think-tank study (which produced the statistical data on which Blue Book Special Report #14 was based on) clearly indicates that the number of true Unknowns was 26.94%. 26.94% of cases doesn't sound like 'super rare' to me, unless you're using some kind of implicit scientific definition of 'super rare'.

Offical UFO Unexplained Report Percentages

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontneedaname
Surprised no one mentioned these yet...

History Channel: I Know What I Saw

Out of the Blue

The Phoenix Lights

Day Before Disclosure

Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs

Most all of these documentaries should be on Youtube....or if not, check your local library.

Use Amazon, search for one of those and the recommendation engine will show you others.

CNN video clips of UFO related stories too...Larry King Live, etc...
edit on 30-7-2012 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

I know for sure that Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs and Out of the Blue are available on NetFlix if you subscribe to that service (online streaming).

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Try any book that identified the UFO as a vehicle is the best.
But I only know of the videos that show the ships.
So far in convincing videos the shapes were oval, flat disk, wing and triangle
with associated stories of their events and observations recorded but perhaps
not all disclosed or given opposite and misleading descriptions.

All other UFOs might be of interest and just about any book would do there.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading 'Alien Agenda' by Jim Marrs as well as 'The Gods of Eden' by William Bramley.
edit on 6/1/13 by Smokey2308 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Brighter

The Battelle Memorial Institute think-tank study (which produced the statistical data on which Blue Book Special Report #14 was based on) clearly indicates that the number of true Unknowns was 26.94%. 26.94% of cases doesn't sound like 'super rare' to me, unless you're using some kind of implicit scientific definition of 'super rare'.

You are confusing just not being able to identify something with a sighting so incredible that it is one of the very rare special cases. Only a very , very small percentage of the 26.94% you quoted will be in the 'super rare' category.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A little something to wet your whistle

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
A little something to wet your whistle

www.youtube.com...

One of the poorer UFO cases IMO. Only 62 children claim to have seen anything (all the rest say they didnt see anything, including the teachers) and they all draw different looking space ships. Some say there were 2 ships while others say there was only one. Some say there was aliens while other say there just ships and no aliens. Some say the aliens had silver eyes while others say they were black.

They say 62 children saw it but they only show a small handful on video. All the time the interviewers are leading the answers. 'Did the ships make a noise?' ..'how scared were you?'..etc etc

The idea that children from that area wouldnt know about aliens is also a dead end. Aliens have been in popular culture for over 100 years. You can make excuses for them being children all day long but at the end of the day useless saying there's 62 witnesses and then they all give different / conflicting stories.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is a great UFO documentary made by David Cherniack in 2006 for Canadian History Channel, titled UFOs, the Secret History.

UFOs the Secret History

And two additional videos that include additional interviews...
The ET Hypothesis

The Contact has Begun

Despite the names, the documentary takes a fairly balanced look at the evidence. Many UFO researchers interviewed. (Note: I didn't read through the entire thread so I don't know if these docs have been already mentioned.)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Timothy Good: 'Need To Know: UFOs, The Military And Intelligence.'

Great book, very well researched.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join