It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend a documentary or book for an alien UFO novice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

My opinion is that Secret Space is a great UFO documentary. I believe there are multiple volumes or episodes but i may be mistaken. I find something fishy about David Wilcox, he believes that he is Edgar Cayce reincarnated and some of his statements and beliefs Seem to me a little farfetched. I feel the same way about Dr. Steven Greer, something about him just doesn't ring right with me but it is only my opinion. I also do much research in history, mostly secret/hidden history such as the European Monarchy's and secret societies of all types. I research paranormal subjects and cryptozoology, once I got started with UFO's it turned into a spiraling obsession with unconventional knowledge. I believe there is much that people dont see or bother to worry about. Anywho, I hope I have helped just a little bit and i hope your thirst for knowledge doesn't end with UFO's

Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

this is reel good book and LEFT AT EAST GATE: A First-Hand Account of the Rendlesham Forest UFO Incident, Its Cover-up, and Investigation if you do a you tube search for Larry Warren you'll get loads of stuff www.scribd.com...

edit on 31-7-2012 by kopitedor because: forgot to put book title in

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hello, and welcome.

Just my personal view,
check this one out.
Lots of knowledge, enjoyable read.

www.theonlyplanetofchoice.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
The fundamental problem with documentaries and books is that, like UFO sightings, 95% are just not worth it. Another problem is with researchers who started as legitimate and objective people slowly become crackpots and charlatans after they realize what a goldmine the field is (most notable examples are Stanton Friedman, Richard Dolan, Nick Pope, Steven Greer, and the list goes on). Avoid anything with "Aliens" or "greys" in the title. Any documentary that goes on about knowledge of Aliens is not worth your time. Also, avoid anything to do with Roswell as the story for that case has changed so many times that it is most probably a hoax.

What I would suggest in the meantime:
UFOs and the National Security State.

Also, anything by J Allen Hynek is the gold standard in Ufology.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Project blue book is freely available, read it with a grain of salt due to the source and its motivation and you will probably find it interesting. A better source would be the documents other nations released like the French, UK and there are active investigations in some nations of south America that also publish reports.

I personally advise you not to buy any books on ufology or paranormal (large field) in general, you may get some interesting paper from universities on the subject for free also (depending on the field).

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Dr.Harley Rutledge did a complete study on ufos here in Missouri, then presented his info at a seminar, AND WAS NOT LAUGHED AT. There is a book he put out about it and he makes no wild claims as to what it really was...just this is the info I found."Project Identification: The First Scientific Field Study of UFO Phenomena" is the book he wrote on it.I never see anyone mention him and yet he had more credibility than anyone else I know of.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I just thought of this one, though i haven't read it yet, its on my to do list.
The link has a FREE DOWNLOAD for you

Kay Wilson’s newest book, I Forgot What I Wasn’t Supposed To Remember, was one of those rare times a First Edition book about the alien abduction phenomenon was published online and made available free to the public. The First Edition was so well received it was downloaded over 10,000 times during the first 23 months. The Second Edition* published on October 1, 2009, has been expanded to cover over 14 years of consciously recalled abduction encounters Kay has experienced since she published her journals in The Alien Jigsaw in 1993.

I Forgot What I Wasn't Supposed to Remember
by Kay Wilson

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
billy meier - I ordred his couple of hundred dollar books, they were worth it. that is how I started.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Alien Intrusion: Gary Bates

www.amazon.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
To reinforce and just to ensure your belief doesnt waver check out the Zimbabwe school children UFO and check out the incident of Japan airlines over alaska.

Two very important and undeniable incidents IMO.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I've only posted 2,600 times and I dont know where to find ufo stuff. And some people actually take this seriously. umm while your at it, can you point me in the direction of where i can find credible sources of the alien moon base, Phobos, pyramids in Alaska, the anamoly in Lake Volstok, Bigfoot and wormholes in the Earth's magnetic field. I would really like to know if this stuff is real or not.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
THE UNITY KEYS OF EMMANUEL.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres a thread on ATS with a huge list. Next time...hit the SEARCH button!!

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: !!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

X descending ...and listen to the.author tell the story on c2c last month.....he also posted on this forum.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I've read many of those threads, found by using the search button. However, I wanted to know whom ATS finds credible with regards to the current literature. Hence the thread.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Venus on the Half-Shell by author Kilgore Trout is a speldid cronicle of the true adventures of an inter-galactic traveler. It will answer may of your questions and picque your interest in other-worldly civilizations and cultures.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I've read many of those threads, found by using the search button. However, I wanted to know whom ATS finds credible with regards to the current literature. Hence the thread.

How about ATS member Jim Marrs? I think he is one of the most credible researchers around.

edit on 31-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but personally I find: UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record to be an excellent book about the subject.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but personally I find: UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record to be an excellent book about the subject.

GrimReaper,

thank you, i JUSt wanted to recommend this one as well.

There is also a pretty good TV documentary which goes with that book.

The reason why it's good is that it covers some of the more "serious" but nevertheless classic UFO cases, ranging from Rendlesham to the Belgian wave - and it makes a good case there is something to a certain percentage of sightings without being too speculative or "esoteric".

The docu and this book are definitely GOOD.

-
Someone else also mentioned Jacques Vallee which i personally think is EXCELLENT, in particular his trilogy Dimensions, Confrontations, Revelations (superb, superb) - but i would ONLY recommend them to more experienced UFO buffs and not to someone new to the subject.

If he wants, he can also look through some of the classics by Mack, Jacobs, Maccabee which cover Alien abductions and all the spiritual/bizarre elements but those are not "UFO case books" in the strict sense.

As a newbie, he should also be aware that MANY of the big classics should be taken with a grain of salt, in particular Whitley Strieber/Communion, Gulf Breeze etc..etc..

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
billy meier - I ordred his couple of hundred dollar books, they were worth it. that is how I started.

Oh lord.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join