It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommend a documentary or book for an alien UFO novice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If you come across a book written by Leslie Kean called UFO, grab it. It was published early this year and is pretty epic. I don't want to spoil it, but there are some really great re tellings of sightings from pretty credible government and military people. All in all a fantastic read.
edit on 30-7-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: Stupid auto correct.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If you don't watch the tv show,Ancient Aliens, I recomend the first two seasons.

It's basically a crash course on what many ufologists, ancient astronaught theorists, and believers have been touting for the past thirty years.

Season three, take with a grain or a jar of salt... Season four...... Meh.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Surprised no one mentioned these yet...

History Channel: I Know What I Saw

Out of the Blue

The Phoenix Lights

Day Before Disclosure

Dan Aykroyd Unplugged on UFOs

Most all of these documentaries should be on Youtube....or if not, check your local library.

Use Amazon, search for one of those and the recommendation engine will show you others.

CNN video clips of UFO related stories too...Larry King Live, etc...
edit on 30-7-2012 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

My opinion, stay away from Billy Meier/Michael Horn and FIGU.

As other posters have stated, Fire in the Sky.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hi!

There is one link to the other side.

There is no "what if...".

Just ...mind blowing consequences.

alienmindbook.org

...As I write this, the link is dead. Anyways, the free ebook must be available somwhere - as I have it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

You cant go wrong with Richard Dolan or Jacques Vallee also Leslie Keans
UFOs: Generals, Pilots, and Government Officials Go on the Record
There is also a brilliant documentary of Keans book.... also check out
James fox's Out of the blue and I know what I saw these were before he went crazy
and joined the god awful Chasing UFOs have to admit Ryder is cute though..)...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

On this site you can do searches on the info that interests you and you won't have to deal with all the disinformation that is programmed to rise high in a Google search or the complete BS found in any of the wiki's, which are okay for normal topics but completely useless for controversial topics, here it is:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

For example, a search on UFO's produces all these articles:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...-_Treaties

contrast that to what you would find in a Google search.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'd recommend the Paracast webcasts, they're very good at finding credible people, and you'll find some fascinating interviews with VIPs in the field, seriously.
www.theparacast.com...

E.g. check the April 5, 2009 -- Dr. Richard F. Haines show. Haines is a very serious researcher with NARCAP, and has an admireable open but scientific attitude to the subject.

Most films are sensationalist and gullible in tone. And I've seen most

The old 'UFO Files' from 'Unsolved Mysteries' were decent. Also 'I Know What I Saw' from History Channel.

'UFOs and the White House' is cool, and people get really surprised if they don't know about the subject beforehand, try it
But it's very manipulative. E.g. the Reagan speech is skewed, see www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

You could have a sticky at some of my links in my Signature. I dont actually follow whos who of ufo's I just have them there for anyone else who may be interested.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dontneedaname

I watched the Dan Akroyd vid before. It really surprised me that he sounded so knowledgable on the topic. Not what I expected from him but very interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
For beginners i would probably recommend something like 'From other worlds' The truth behind aliens, abductions, UFO's and the paranormal by Hilary Evans, its a light read covering many stories and facts and is quite informative and a good starting place to go look at these stories online in more depth. Its a bit dated now but even so, its not to heavy, covers things well and certainly encourages a healthy thirst for more.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
All of these pdf's are excellent, bar none.

www.ufolou.com...
edit on 30-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I would recommend "The Hynek UFO Report" by, you guessed it, J. Allen Hynek.

here is a free online link: www.scribd.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by dontneedaname

I watched the Dan Akroyd vid before. It really surprised me that he sounded so knowledgable on the topic. Not what I expected from him but very interesting.

Sounds like you are on your way to "Seeing the Unseen." Congrats on that.

Here is a webpage that has a lot of those CNN videos embedded on a single page, along with numerous videos about "New Discoveries" on Invisibility technology and some other thoughts / web links.

circusoflife.com...

UFO TV has also posted numerous full length documentaries on Youtube. You can find their channel and browse through them. There are some duds they publish IMHO , but that could be because of the age. There are a lot of very informative ones.

When you're done with UFOs, you can check out Crop Circles...which are related. Try UFO TV - Crossovers from Another Dimension. The title is a little bit silly in my opinion, but the video is the best one or one of the best on CC - from a Norwegian director who did one of the other UFO ones I mentioned. And if you know anything about Norwegians, they are very upfront (Truthful) people - as are most Scandinavians.

Check out TRANSPARENCY INTERNATIONAL Global Corruption Index...all the Scandinavian countries are in the top 5 or 10 least corrupt nations in the world. And these are small countries, Norway has 5 million people, so for these countries to be bunched near the top...that might provide some better context too about the accuracy of the index... (No, I am not Scandinavian by the way, but I have traveled around a bit)

Also -- The Portal - Hessdalen Light Phenomenon. Science team from a Norwegian university investigating a repeatable light phenomenon in remote Norway.

Enjoy!

edit on 30-7-2012 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here is one I don't think has been posted yet about the NASA cover up during one of the shuttle missions:

Good luck as you begin your journey. You have a fascinating road ahead.

www.ktradionetwork.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Also you might like this thread -> www.abovetopsecret.com...

lots of documentary's in it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
Also you might like this thread -> www.abovetopsecret.com...

lots of documentary's in it.

WOW!!
Well, that should just about cover it!

I'll be subscribing to this site myself. That should keep me busy for the next few months!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I got started with these books: William Bramley-Gods of Eden & Jim Mars-Alien Agenda

As far as videos I first watched: Nasa Transmissions The Smoking Gun and Out of the Blue. You can probably find these on you tube.

And I don't know if you have read these already but Jkrogs posts are great:

Jkrog

jkrog2

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PrestonSpace

I was just about to suggest William Bramley's Gods Of Eden...also a great unpretentious and entertaining book is "Unconventional Flying Objects" by Paul R. Hill

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Please recommend any video, articles, books, etc

Here's an interesting article:

There's a great presentation here by the Blackvault's John Greenwald Junior and I'd certainly agree with JimmyJagov and Thesearchfortruth about Richard Dolan's 'UFO's and The National Security State' and Dr J. Allen Hynek's 'The Hynek UFO Report'.
Cheers.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join