learn more

Recommend a documentary or book for an alien UFO novice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Okay, so I'm a newbie in the field of UFO and alien research. I've seen a couple of strange lights in the sky, definently not typical aircraft but I can't identify anything further. So I thought it might be time to start looking into the research. Hence this request.

Please recommend any video, articles, books, etc that you found plausible. Also looking at the skeptical angle too, I want a well rounded consensus.

Whom do you find authoratative and believe able, or bogus and untrustworthy? Why?

I feel like this is asking you to do the research for me, please don't think that's the case. If you can point me down the road, that's all I ask.

Gratefully,

smylee

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Fire in the sky was based on a true story , You can Probably download the movie , or there might be a book.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Its doubtful you will find a fair and balanced documentary on UFO's. They will either be saying every light in the sky is an alien or every UFO is explainable. I cant ever remember seeing a fair and balanced video.

95% of sightings are explainable the other 5% are not easily explained but that doesn't automatically put them in the realm of 'visiting alien'. It just means they cant be easily explained.

There have been some very strange and maybe important sightings in the past but they are super rare.

edit on 30-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

I saw the movie. I don't know how "hollywoodized" it was, does that make sense? I have the Travis Walton podcast from a couple weeks back bookmarked for a listen, though.

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If you are interested you can look into the Canadian government UFO files Canada UFO files

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Thank you.

I know this is a subject that brings out the true believers on both sides, so I expect bias. I'm just hoping someone can recommend a serious researcher whose credibility might be better than others.

Just finished reading an incredible book about Roswell. Very informative and fact based. Witness To Roswell was the name. The authors proved their case for a coverup, IMO.
edit on 30-7-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Randolph Winters.

I personally don't believe it but it's very entertaining.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Give this link a try its your very own "Free UFO researcher starter-pack".

Its everything you are looking for I think - right here on ATS.

IsaacKoi............

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

One of my favourite books is "Alien Dawn" by Colin Wilson
Check also the books of Jacques Vallée,John Keel and Allen Hynek.

In my opinion the best in the field.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

That's exactly what I wanted! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
"Ufos are here!" great documentary from 1977. Then we have that disney one... which is pretty awesome as well... the name escapes me. It is pretty rare though since it was banned... discloses too much.

Heres a thread about it www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-7-2012 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

was it flight of the navigator

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Richard Dolan's 'UFO's and The National Security State' - two volumes so far and, IMO required reading for anyone interested in this subject. You can find them on Amazon.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
william cooper..behold a pale horse.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This thread

The ATS UFO/Alien Chronological Thread Directory
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Enjoy
edit on 30-7-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Thank you. I've read Keel, interesting take on the phenomena. I'll keep an eye out for the others when I visit the library.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

On each side the authors provide their cases for whatever they are trying to prove. There was a coverup at roswell but exactly what they were covering up one can only speculate about. Who knows it could have been some illegal human experiments run by the airforce. I can think of a good few plausable reasons why they would want to cover up whatever happened there. But like i said , who knows.

Nike Pope was pretty fair in his assessments of the UFO phenomenon , it was his job for a number of years to investigate and make reports on UFO's for the UK government so he has been totally unbiased.

But he is now making a living on the lecture circuit he might start leaning to the side that likely to make him the most money.
edit on 30-7-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

A good documentary and book for someone just starting to look into the subject would be Chariots of the Gods by Eric Von Doniken.

Any UFO/Alien related documentaries on TV or YouTube would do fine. Just do a search...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The best advice is to walk away and not look back. If ever there was a subject guaranteed to lead nowhere...UFOs is it.

Are you still here?

Dammit.

Try Hyper for a site that has commentary and gives links to a lot of the more sane and reasonable areas of the subject. It's got vids, books, papers and recommends the 'good guys' whilst not getting too carried away with the nonsense and nuisances.

Mike Swords is a sensible researcher and runs a blog that's well worth reading...Big Study - Close Encounters of the Second Kind (Jan 2011). If you google "Swords UFO PDF" there's a lot to be getting started with.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Hey there.

This thread focuses on the Rendlesham event in 1980.

On the 2nd page of that thread there are a couple linked full documentaries that are true "gems" so to speak. Watch them all and see how the different perspectives are on that event.

IMO.... Rendlesham blows Roswell out of the water.
edit on 30-7-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)
....except no craft were seized.
edit on 30-7-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join