It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Costa Concordia captain NOT DRUNK but a percision manuver to sink it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Costa Concordia sinking.... this is interesting... I could be wrong but I was researching this and it almost looks as if this would take a precision operation to even pull off, not some accident....

The boat is equipped with the most advanced 3D forward looking navigation capabilities. The exact instruments that actually would be necessary to pull off this kind of sinking. As they would be necessary to steer the boat precisely toward this outcropping of rocks on such an angle to cause a long gash in the side of the vessel.

This is interesting... if you'd want to get this boat to sink you'd actually have get the boat off it's autopilot and veer it off course into the outcropping of rocks. Which is exactly what he did, and that change in route was not authorized by the ships owner it was later reported. (isn't that convenient)

So it just so happens that the captain gets the boat to sail directly toward an out cropping of undersea rock formations just below the surface. Precisely on an angle that would cause this kind of hole.

The BBC reported that only the captain and his lady friend were in the bridge at the time. This lady friend was like some kind of accomplice. They likely made up some story to keep the other officers out of the bridge at least for a short period of time in order to steer toward the outcropping of rocks.

They say that the captain last minute used his keen instincts to sail it near the shore so that people could be saved. Well think about this... if he was drunk as they claim how could he do that? No, most likely that was part of the plan. So they hit the rocks then followed a course to bring them right beside the shore to keep the loss of life to a minimum. By doing so my only guess is there's less money to be paid out to passengers. They paid something like $14,000 per survivor. As if they died the claims would be astronomical.

They are estimating that the insurance claim on the boat will be in the range of around 500 million.

The captains story kept changing as well.

In my mind this almost looks like more of a strategic operation than it does a random sinking. Just way too many coincidences all at once. I think for that to happen it more likely had to be planned out in advance.

Your thoughts???

edit on 30-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Or he could of been showing off for his lady friend while drunk, Guys will do incredibly stupid things to impress the opposite sex.

As for the menu-ever to save the people, have you ever had an "oh crap" moment while otherwise impaired? perhaps the jolt was enough to sober him up enough to pull off the move.

Is that particular cruise company in any kind of financial trouble outside of this even to justify pulling off insurance fraud and risking so many lives?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think he was showing off to friends who were having a party off of the coast. He probably wasn't drunk , but that doesn't mean he didn't make a huge mistake.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Where were the other 5 people that should have been in the bridge at any given time?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Well, If he perhaps dies, under weird circumstances, I would say you might have a point. Till then, I will have to say insurance angle, or just plain stupidity, as the main culprits. Stupidity,is my top pick........

LINK to woman
edit on 31-7-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You ever try to operate a moving vehicle while getting serviced at the same time by the tart in the passenger seat? Extremely hard to do......no pun intended....

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

Let me guess for you every morning when you picked up your secretary and every night when you dropped her off, is that it???

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

2 years ago on a winding road in a rural area with a cop behind me. Best experience EVER.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy88

I wonder if its ever been recorded that thats going on, but the girl unbuckles to get more reach. It ends up in an accident. Then the girl goes threw the winscreen. When the cops come they have to explain that they were getting serviced which is what screwed them up and why the girl is now dead or injured. Like I could totally see that happening.

new topics

top topics

join