It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima: its effects on Japan & the global risks posed by the No. 4 reactor (Gundersen/Caldicott)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Arnold Gundersen with the latest on Fukushima: its effects on Japan, and the global risks posed by the No. 4 reactor.

Youtube video

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stiglitz

What I'd like to know is what the hell happened to the OTHER 11 reactors in the area. NO ONE has bothered to explain what went on with the 3 nuclear plants and one nuclear storage facility they have there. ALL were severely compromised in the earthquake and tsunami and ALL had closures from the catastrophic events. WHERE is the NEWS about those? So sick of getting just a tiny part of the REALITY. Fukushima daichi is a small part of the problem when you add the other facilities that are also spewing nuclear substances into the air and water. WHEN will someone tell us the WHOLE story?

Plants in the area near Fukushima Daichi:

Fukushima Daini - en.wikipedia.org...

Onagawa - The three units remain in cold shutdown since the earthquake of 11 March. - en.wikipedia.org...

Tokai - shut down due to the Tsunami damage - en.wikipedia.org...

Higashidōri - This plant had to restart just to maintain the power to the cooling units needed to keep it from melting to hell - en.wikipedia.org...

Rokkasho Reprocessing Plant -There is a messload of radioactive material stored here and things haven't been so peachy there since the earthquakes and tsunami damaged structures that were being relied on for safe containment of the material - en.wikipedia.org...

So if we are to get a complete picture of the WORLD impact on this event, shouldn't we be looking at these as well? I'm so tired of only hearing about FUKUSHIMA radiation problems. What about the OTHERS? Are they NOT adding to the problem? Or did someone magically wisk these away where they won't cause problems? Somehow I think we're missing HUGE chunks of the whole picture.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

You should start a thread explaining these other plants and what is wrong with them!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

Not sure how to title it so folks will READ

for some is a stale subject. Even though it is going to be an issue for a VERY long time in reality. IT is worse than Chernobyl I believe. Really. Have any of us heard truly how the people living there are doing? I haven't. It's like no one talks about them.
edit on 8-8-2012 by Opportunia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
THANKS OP FOR THE LINK (AND THE POST)

Amazing interview.

It´s long (an hour) but it´s devastating..... English isn´t my native language so I know I wouldn´t be able to make an entire post about the things I´ve heard, but if anyone tries, well.... it would be great.

BTW, after hearing all of this I really don´t know what to think or to say...It´s so depressing

We´re litteraly riding a bomb... and the "tic tac - tic tac" can be heared from thousands of miles away.

PB

new topics

top topics

join