It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Somalia Model- Israel’s Plan for Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

The Somalia Model
Israel’s Plan for Syria

www.counterpunch.org

Netanyahu asked Putin to facilitate Bashar Assad’s departure. “You can appoint his successor, and we shall not object , said the Israeli Prime Minister. “There is one condition – the successor must break with Iran. Putin responded: we have no candidate for Bashar’s successor. Do you?
No, we don’t, replied Netanyahu, but we shall tell you our preference soon.

“Israel’s goal is the Somalisation of Syria, following the Somalisation of Iraq,” said Putin, and Netanyahu did not deny his interpretation
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 7/30/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Format

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
An interesting leak of conversations between Netanyahu & Putin. It opens the door on how much behind the scenes influence Israel is having on the course of events in Syria.

More from Putin,

“We are not beholden to Assad,” said Putin. “Before the rebellion, he was a frequent visitor in Paris rather than in Moscow. We have no secret agenda regarding Syria. I asked President Obama, what are the US intentions in Syria; why do Americans reject Assad. Is it because of his inability to come to terms with Israel? Or because of his ties with Iran? Because of his position on Lebanon? I received no serious answer. Our reason, said Obama, is Assad’s violent repression of the Syrian people. I replied that violence is caused by Qatar and Saudi interference.”

Some fair questions and comments from Putin.

www.counterpunch.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If true it shows something I am sure many of us suspect.

Its not about what hes doing to his people.

Its about what hes not doing for us.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

.... a secret file recently leaked by a person(s) apparently close to the Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs Avigdor Lieberman. It contains a record of conversations between Bibi Netanyahu, Avigdor Lieberman and Russian President Vladimir Putin during the latter’s recent visit to Israel. Israelis seem to have no doubts about its authenticity.

I am attempting to reign in my cynicism over "secret files leaked" by an unknown person close to an Israeli minister.

I am always inclined to suspect intentional releases of some degree of disinformation (or worse) for the purposes of influencing public opinion.

I wonder why the question of the files "authenticity" would even bear mentioning.

Diplomacy is politics on steroids....

edit on 30-7-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I agree this is not necessarily the solid truth. It almost fits too nicely into what many of us think right? That Assad is a puppet being tossed about between the regional and great powers?

If Syria does disintegrate, Israel will have removed two major enemies in 9 years, Saddam's Iraq and Assad's Syria, all without lifting as much as a finger. A masterstroke really.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Another interesting part from the leak.

Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman used the meeting to complain about the audacious RT channel: “The Israeli office of the RT outpours anti-Israeli propaganda. They broadcast talks with Hasan Nasrallah [probably a reference to Julian Assange's interview]. We spoke to the RT reporters privately, but they won’t budge, citing instructions from Moscow. Vladimir Vladimirovitch [Putin], please lean on the editorial policy of the RT so it will become objective towards Israel.”

www.counterpunch.org...

I have watched RT Crossfire before and witnessed much of the Israeli propaganda torn down. I would not say it is anti-Israel, just anti-bull#.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Unfortunately Peruvianmonk this is nothing more then Information war, this highly unlikely come to pass due to the fact that Russia and China have already send a large number of its naval war ships in the region if Putin were bypass Assad he would have done so months ago.

Even with the first meeting with Israel.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Are you referring to this?

Adding to the international forces in the area, Egypt is reporting that a Chinese warship has crossed through the Suez Canal today into the Mediterranean, presumably en route to war-torn Syria. The report adds additional credence to last month’s reports that a massive multi-country naval drill was going to be held amongst Syria’s allies off their coast, with Russian, Chinese and Iranian ships expected to take part.

news.antiwar.com...

This was just a meeting between Putin & Netanyahu, neither I suppose are known for their honesty. This one meeting in isolation does not necessarily reflect exactly the two positions of the countries.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Of further note.

The record of the Putin-Netanyahu conversation contains two important Russian concessions to Israel: Putin promised to break their contract about supply of S-300 anti-aircraft missile complexes to Damascus (and so he did) and to stop missile information leakage to Hezbollah.

www.counterpunch.org...

There seemed to be some confusion about whether Iran had received these advanced missiles or not, this seems to clear it up somewhat, at least from the Russian point of view.

"missile leakage to Hezbollah"? What does that mean?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
I have watched RT Crossfire before and witnessed much of the Israeli propaganda torn down. I would not say it is anti-Israel, just anti-bull#.

you are joking right?? RT is anti-bull#??

RT is a Russian government controlled channel that deliberately publishes "provocative" content simply to get followers....and you think it is anti-bull#??

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I tend to concur with this opinion. While I waste little love on Israel, I do not waste much on Russia either. It is useful to view RT and see the Russian line however.

As to the OP: Instability works in their favor if they play their cards right. I tend to see Israel as mostly just a U.S. proxy state though and I'm pretty sure the Russian's would agree with that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Translation : syria will be israels second concentration camp as gaza is their first ...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I tried to visualize a possible air strike from Israel against Iran... and I got this

So shortest route available in the foresee future is Syria and maybe Saudi Arabia (because SA hates Iran gov according WikiLeaks documents). But I think SA could have civil unrest if its gov. allow such thing.

edit on 30/7/12 by blackcube because: changed the image

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Netanyahu asked Putin to facilitate Bashar Assad’s departure. “You can appoint his successor, and we shall not object , said the Israeli Prime Minister. “There is one condition – the successor must break with Iran. Putin responded: we have no candidate for Bashar’s successor. Do you?

This exposes Russia's participation in the Great Zionist plot!

Great find.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by blackcube

This is actually a good theory. Turkey will not allow a flyover and nor will Saudi Arabia as it would lead to rioting in their streets. I believe this is why Syria is getting so hot. This is a proxy war between Russia-U.S. and the precursor to an attack on Iran. Where Europe will stand in this is still up for debate.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

RT is a Russian government controlled channel that deliberately publishes "provocative" content simply to get followers....and you think it is anti-bull#??

And CNN,BBC,CBC, The Guardian are all government controlled channels what makes you think they aren't?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

This is actually a good theory. Turkey will not allow a flyover and nor will Saudi Arabia as it would lead to rioting in their streets. I believe this is why Syria is getting so hot. This is a proxy war between Russia-U.S. and the precursor to an attack on Iran. Where Europe will stand in this is still up for debate.

Good answer! infact real problem of Syria is its affinity to Iran. Soon Iran will be attacked and then regime change followed by problems being created in Southern Russia and pulling out other CSTO nations from Russia's grip. Israel infact is pretty happy with Assad but they are afraid of Iran as it can turn into a major regional power like India is or Brazil in South America. Any attack on Iran will surely get Assad's Syria involved against Israel and that's why West wants to clean out Syria first before dealing with Iran.

Again, Russia needs to show more nuts and bolts in Syria in order to discourage Saudi and Qatar arms and ammo to Syrian rebels. More Russian involvement will also turn off the indirect US backing of the rebels.

If Russia does not do more to help Assad in Syria then USELESSNESS of it armed forces, intelligence apparatus and feminist approach of its leaders cannot be laughed off more.

China also needs to act up at the moment. Better act and stop the hostile advance now or face the bigger punch only few years later on.
edit on 30-7-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Saudi won't allow Israel to attack Iran but Saudi is begging the US to do so. Neither Turkey nor Iraq would allow any sort of flyover, so Israel's options are pretty limited here. Even if Syrian regime changes, the new government under Al Queda types will certainly not allow any Israeli flyover.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by victor7

I don't know about that. Al Queda is Sunni from what I understand. Iran is Shia (apparently ATS thinks the English spelling is cursing), they tend to fight with each other. There isn't much love lost there. If AQ does take over Syria I think they would be more busy trying to keep themselves in power rather than keep Israel from doing what they want. This is why I think instability works in Israel's favor. If they are fighting each other they won't be worried about you.
edit on 30-7-2012 by antonia because: argh

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

AQ is a bigger enemy of Jews of Israel than those of Shia's of Iran. Infact many AQs found partial safe haven in Iran after US attacked Afghanistan in 2001 and beyond. AQ is Syria is not a good news for Israel as Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and Libya are already breaking away from secular nature that these countries have been in last 30 years.

I doubt Arab Spring has done anything to help the general peoples of the countries. It is new faces in power applying same old methods of dominating the society including looting money from the government. In Egypt military is as strong as ever. Once a military general retires he is immediately given a government post where he goes on to perform corruption of all sorts. Nearly half of Egyptian, Syrian government offices are held by ex-military top shots.
edit on 30-7-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join