It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAAA! WAAAA! ATS Sucks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
ENOUGH! NO more whining! NO more crybabies! DAMNIT! Either contribute something, or GTFO!

There is at least one "Boo HOO ATS has changed" thread a week. And each one gets stars and flags from all the whiners.

Here is the deal. What gets posted here is from you. By you.

I feel like a figgin broken record.

User Generated Content!

Don't like it? you have two choices.

1. create something you think is worthwhile and try to convince others to do the same

or

2, Go find another site that you can piss an moan to.

Notice, there is no choice "3"

Election time sucks. Always has, always will. Batman killings and Columbine shootings happen. Sadly everyone feels so damn important, they think they need their own thread to talk about it. It will pass.

whiners suck. Don't be that guy.
edit on 30-7-2012 by network dude because: I do not broker records.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
But, but, but......it used to be so much better!

Or, you've finally reached the point that you have read so many threads here, and learned so much that you can now see how much junk you have to sift through for the nuggets.

It has been slightly less intellectual here, year by year, but that's probably because the subjects have gone mainstream, and that's a good thing.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Stop ya whining for crying out loud.

S&F
edit on 30/7/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
stop bitching if you dont like it leave
it goes both ways nice rant about ranting

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

We don't have nearly enough whining threads about the people already whining about rubbish threads.
I for one welcome whining threads, that whine about the people already whining about rubbish threads.
It really shakes things up and adds fresh perspective on the whole ''whining threads'' thing.
Interesting conversation OP.
Star and flag.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I feel like a figgin broker record.

What's a broker record ?

I'm gonna write a thread now complaining about the complaining that complainers complain about so someone else can complain about my complaints.

No, I'm not.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Oh how i love ATS.

Especially when it involves a moan about moaning, Brilliant

But then again i have only been a member for a short while and am still learning, Maybe one day i will do a thread and moan about moaning, You never know.......

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'd generate more content in the Secret Societies forum, but I already know what members ill encounter

So I don't bother.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
A thread whining about whiners....this is dripping with irony.

ETA: We get one of these every week too. lol
edit on 30-7-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
A thread whining about whiners....this is dripping with irony.

ETA: We get one of these every week too. lol
edit on 30-7-2012 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

it is kind of ......ironic. kind of.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Quit your whining!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I never ever ever ever ever ever ever whine...well...except for cookies. but, I don't come to ATS for cookies....

S&F....for relatively good whine fest...

Des

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's because when you first arrive at ATS everything is new and exciting and you think you have found something special that others don't know about. Then after a few years of reading and researching you realize most of the stuff is actually complete shiite. The truth is the content has never changed, it's just that you now know better.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Watchout man, or else I'll send a SWAT team to your house to put you on meds.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Don't like it? you have two choices.

1. create something you think is worthwhile and try to convince others to do the same

Err...wouldn't trying to convince others to make worthwhile threads possibly be the point of starting a "whining thread" (your words)?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Can my avi still cry?
*sniff*

S&F

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Can my avi still cry?
*sniff*

S&F

Beezer, I can say this with authority, if I ever find the SOB that made your bunny cry, I'll kill him with my bare hands.

And yes, after venting and re-reading, there is a tiny bit of irony in bitching about people bitching. My bad.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I second that, look at beezers avi, it is so sweet and innocent, if I find the guy responsible he will suffer to a lesser extent my finite wrath for a unextended period of time.

Oh ya SnF op

We are all hypocritical at some time, rational toughts are fleeting in the face of irritation, our minds tend to forcus on what we feel to be one of the root causes we feel we may be able to effect. Absolutely nothing wrong with being human.

BTW I thought it was a pretty good point, I am also wandering what is with all the whinning about a site you are more than welcome to not visit, or improve at your leisure through post actually intelligent content.

As counter point though, we really have just about covered everything at this point. Most threads are usually just reposts of previous talking points with little to nothing to add to the original. Just because we have seen it all though doesn't mean our newer members don't deserve to kick the ol can around a little also.
edit on 30-7-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

join