It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope and Change is fading as Reality Sets in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It appears Obama supporters are finally starting to hit the panic button. Obama has a serious problem this election cycle and it begins with 7 broken promises:

And then there is this statement regarding the biggest issues this election cycle – the deficit and the economy:

That reminds me an awful lot of the “read my lips” comment by Bush 1.

Obama continues to be outraised by Romney which indicates to me Obama's campaign is in serious trouble.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Amid a heavy barrage of advertising by opposing "super" political groups, President Barack Obama's re-election campaign spent more than it collected in June. While outraised again by Republican Mitt Romney, Obama ended the month with a hefty $97.5 million in the bank.

June was the second consecutive month in which Romney brought in more money than Obama, finance reports filed Friday show. Romney's money advantage prompted Obama's campaign advisers to warn earlier this month that the president could lose the election if the financial disparity continued.
AP

And so his minions are out in full force seeking your money. Here is James Carville in full panic mode.

In a fundraising email sent out by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Democratic strategist James Carville has a serious warning: "We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing." The remedy, according to Carville, is to donate more money to the Democratic group.

"I wish I had good news for you," Carville begins the pitch. "I want to tell you that President Obama has a second term in the bag. I want to tell you that the Koch Brothers are giving up their plot to buy the election."

But here’s where things really stand: We’re gonna have to go through hell and high-water to win this damn thing. It’s gonna be hard. Every big-oil billionaire and Republican Super PAC is throwing the kitchen sink at President Obama.

If we don’t fight back, it’ll be over long before November.
link

Yes, Obama’s house of cards is crumbling before our eyes and even those on his team see the writing on the wall. It looks like President ‘Mittens’ will be the new occupant of the White House next year. I don’t have much faith that Romney will fix our nation’s problems but I’m sure the country couldn’t survive 4 more years of Obama’s lies and failed policies.

I feel like we’re in a lose/lose situation and the only analogy I can craft at the moment is this: If you were a prisoner sentenced to death would you take the risk of being shot during an escape attempt or would you just stay in your cell and wait for your date to die?

I don’t know what you would do but I certainly feel that taking a risk on Romney is a far better option than giving Obama 4 more years and waiting for the collapse that will inevitably follow Obama’s outrageous spending habits.

edit on 30-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I will say one thing, I am more worried about a President on a 2nd term, than one who is on his first and wants to get re-elected.

That being said I am not voting between the two served up choices, even if it waste my vote, or as people have started saying will "give" the election to Obama.

I don't care, Im not giving my consent to either of those two rule.

If more Americans took a stand and refused to vote for the lessor of two evils maybe we could get something done in this country.

Both of these men running will say what ever they need to say to get the job, and frankly thats not someone I want in that position in the first place.
edit on 30-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I will say one thing, I am more worried about a President on a 2nd term, than one who is on his first and wants to get re-elected.

Excellent point. Obama's recent off-mike comments to the Russians was very telling. I know exactly what he meant when he said this is his last election and he'll have more flexibility after November. 

That being said I am not voting between the two served up choices, even if it waste my vote, or as people have started saying will "give" the election to Obama. 

I don't care, Im not giving my consent to either of those two rule. 

If more Americans took a stand and refused to vote for the lessor of two evils maybe we could get something done in this country.

Whether a lot of people choose to vote or not, one of those two will be elected. No one else stands a chance. You can either vote for the lessor of two evils and at least have some input or simply wait until the day after and find out the results. Either way one of them will be your POTUS. 

Both of these men running will say what ever they need to say to get the job, and frankly thats not someone I want in that position in the first place.

Unfortunately I think you're right about that and neither would be my first choice. The reality is the country is still stuck in the two party system and until that changes we will be in this position again and again. 
edit on 31-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Unfortunately I think you're right about that and neither would be my first choice. The reality is the country is still stuck in the two party system and until that changes we will be in this position again and again. 

Thats My Queue..............

For you, Seabag

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I don’t know what you would do but I certainly feel that taking a risk on Romney is a far better option

Haha, Can't believe people are even considering this, If you are going to vote for Romney your no better than the people who voted for Obama in 08, Do you even listen to what the guy says? A vote for Romney is a vote for the occupation of Iran, you go ahead, but I don't want that blood and disaster on my hands.

Want to send the economy tanking with yet another war and God knows what else the man will do, then go right ahead

edit on 7/31/2012 by Uniceft17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Haha, Can't believe people are even considering this, If you are going to vote for Romney your no better than the people who voted for Obama in 08, Do you even listen to what the guy says? A vote for Romney is a vote for the occupation of Iran, you go ahead, but I don't want that blood and disaster on my hands. 

Want to send the economy tanking with yet another war and God knows what else the man will do, then go right ahead

You must consider it some type of moral victory to avoid voting for either of these guys. Whether you vote or not the reality is that one of those two WILL BE your POTUS next year!

And it's funny you think the US is more likely to attack and occupy Iran under Romney. Do you have a crystal ball? Exactly how many wars has Romney started? How many has Obama started?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Johnson? The guy who was humiliated in the GOP primary? I won't be one of the 5,000 people who casts a vote for Johnson. I could never vote for reefers in the White House.

Look, people should vote their conscience. If that's your guy than more power to you. I'm trying to be realistic. We have a two party system and Johnson got the boot. Nobody outside the two parties stands a chance in a presidential race. It's too late in the game for a viable 3rd party run. The groundwork and fundraising necessary to compete with the big boys simply isn't there; just ask RP. We'll be voting in under 100 days and Johnson has $25,000 in the bank to compete with O's $97 million.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Sorry brother, the 2 party system has failed. I would vote Johnson or Paul, before I vote any of the idiots we have and are forced to. One more thing, Just look to Congress, their approval rating, to see how business is run, and how the "people" see it. Telling..............

The War, that we cant name on ATS, is a failed war...You know this !!!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Sorry brother, the 2 party system has failed. I would vote Johnson or Paul, before I vote any of the idiots we have and are forced to. One more thing, Just look to Congress, their approval rating, to see how business is run, and how the "people" see it. Telling..............

I agree! It has failed us because the two sides are hardly distinguishable these days. We need more options as voters. 

My point was, for this presidential election cycle, the majority of voting Americans WILL cast a vote for 1 of the two; that's a fact. The vast majority of voters either do not believe a third party candidate is viable or do not like the guy. That's not going to change until most voters realize its failed and that certainly won't happen in the next 100 days. Do you agree? If I'm wrong than where is all of Johnson's support ($$$)?

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

It appears Obama supporters are finally starting to hit the panic button.

Unfortunately, not enough have woken up ... Obama is way ahead in the polls.
Real Clear Politics Electoral Map 2012
Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

It appears Obama supporters are finally starting to hit the panic button.

Sad but true.

Some polls have him up, some down, some indicate a statistical dead heat. 

I'm confident he's lost a big percentage of the independent vote as well a some of the Hispanic vote. 

I'm not saying it's over for him by any stretch; long way to go. I can sense that they realize it's going to be a dog fight this time. His record is virtually impossible to win on. His signature accomplishment is Obamacare and half of the country hates it!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Sad but true.

The problem isn't that they haven't woken up, the problem is the alternative. You have the John Kerry of the Republican party running against Obama. A man who never knew what it was to struggle to keep a roof over his family. A man who wanted tax deductions on a $77k dancing horse when Americans were struggling to feed their families. Even worse, a man who helped send American jobs overseas.

Beyond the "anyone but Obama" crowd, there is no connection between Romney and the voting public.
edit on 31-7-2012 by Kaploink because: oops

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I'm confident he's lost a big percentage of the independent vote as well a some of the Hispanic vote. 

The democrats are making Gay Marriage part of their party platform and they will be showcasing this at their convention. This will alientate a lot of the evangelical black vote in America. I don't know if the Gay Marriage Platform will alienate the Catholic-Hispanic vote or not. Technically it should. But the Immigration Platform may be of more importance to them.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Interesting story. A friend of mines son is a type one diabetic, and it costs him $1000.00 a month to 'keep him alive' as he says. "He's un-insurable, but ObamaCare will pay it, so I'm gonna' vote for Barry and then go home and stand in the corner." I believe that this was part of their strategy when they tackled health care, to get another block of voters who believe they can get something for nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The democrats are making Gay Marriage part of their party platform and they will be showcasing this at their convention. This will alientate a lot of the evangelical black vote in America. I don't know if the Gay Marriage Platform will alienate the Catholic-Hispanic vote or not. Technically it should. But the Immigration Platform may be of more importance to them.

I agree but it is up to everyone else to make this election a referendum on Obama’s performance (or lack thereof) and the damage he’s caused to our country rather than allowing him to dictate the issues. I also think the gay community will see that this is a stunt for political gain, so it won’t be as effective as Obama’s crew hopes. People in the gay community must ask themselves why Obama hasn’t done anything for them over the past 4 years if he supports them so much.

This is merely a stunt.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dillweed

Interesting story. A friend of mines son is a type one diabetic, and it costs him $1000.00 a month to 'keep him alive' as he says. "He's un-insurable, but ObamaCare will pay it, so I'm gonna' vote for Barry and then go home and stand in the corner." I believe that this was part of their strategy when they tackled health care, to get another block of voters who believe they can get something for nothing.

Absolutely it was their strategy all along. The democrats need a dependent class to keep them in power. This is the same reason they pander to illegals and rally against voter ID laws. It has never been about "doing the right thing" it's always been about votes.

I feel bad for the position your friend is in but one must remember that health insurance is not healthcare – it’s insurance. If you have a wrecked car and seek car insurance the insurance company isn’t going to cover the damages that were present before they insured you! The company is inuring damages in the future. If it didn’t work that way then nobody would pay premiums until they got in a wreck and needed expensive repairs. How could the insurance company pay for your repairs without having collected any premiums from you for all those years prior to the wreck?

***edit to add***

I don't blame your buddy for voting that way. I might do the same thing if I was in his position....maybe.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree but it is up to everyone else to make this election a referendum on Obama’s performance (or lack thereof) and the damage he’s caused to our country rather than allowing him to dictate the issues. I also think the gay community will see that this is a stunt for political gain, so it won’t be as effective as Obama’s crew hopes. People in the gay community must ask themselves why Obama hasn’t done anything for them over the past 4 years if he supports them so much.

This is merely a stunt.

damage by Obama?...the only damage i have seen is by the republicans in congress in the last 2 years...time to throw those bums out so our credit rating isn't lowered more, and the interest rate on the debt isn't jacked up again costing taxpayers billions in higher interest fees.
where are all the job bills the house republicans are suppose to legislate and pass for the good of the entire country?...remember, obama doesn't control the purse strings, the republicans in the house do, along with the consent of the senate....they are the ones to blame for this stalled economy...this isn't rocket science, show me where the republicans give a damn about the health of the middle class and poor. they simply don't care, and their lack of any legislative action is so blaringly obvious.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

damage by Obama?...the only damage i have seen is by the republicans in congress in the last 2 years...time to throw those bums out so our credit rating isn't lowered more, and the interest rate on the debt isn't jacked up again costing taxpayers billions in higher interest fees.

Obama controlled the house and senate for the first 2 years. The past 2 years the Republicans only have a small majority in the house while the democrats control the senate and the White House.

While I agree many on both sides need to get the boot, Republicans are not the cause of the massive spending, high unemployment and new deficits.….nice try!

This is where 4 more years of Obama will lead us:

where are all the job bills the house republicans are suppose to legislate and pass for the good of the entire country?...remember, obama doesn't control the purse strings, the republicans in the house do, along with the consent of the senate....they are the ones to blame for this stalled economy...this isn't rocket science, show me where the republicans give a damn about the health of the middle class and poor. they simply don't care, and their lack of any legislative action is so blaringly obvious.

Republicans are to blame for the economy?

I think you’ve been watching too many Obama campaign ads or something. Give me a break…Obamacare, money printing and deficit spending is to blame and that’s all on Obama. You can’t throw together a ridiculous $447 billion dollar spending bill (calling it a “jobs” bill) and be surprised when Republicans won’t sign it.

Throwing away money is how we got into this mess and you seem to want more!!!!!

new topics

top topics

active topics

join